Wonderbar:

RC, I certainly don't argue that the X5M is superior in performance to the Cayenne S, or that it is the right car for you in your circumstances (needing to undercover, etc.).  And, at first glance the premium paid for the Porsche seems unjustified.  And I have never been inside, or driven, an X5M.  But I do wonder if there are other tangible quailities in the Porsche that may justify the premium.  Build quality, interior comfort and luxury, other appointments, that justify the premium.  Acceleration is only one of a series of characteristics that make up a fine automobile. 

I honestly am not disputing you, but would like your comments on whether--overall--the Porsche is worth the premium.

Almost every invisible part, with the exception of the engine and some interior parts, are actually made by or for Volkswagen, a lot of parts even carry the VW logo.

So now let me ask you: in the US, would people prefer a VW over a BMW ? Smiley Smiley

Don't get me wrong, the VW Touareg has a good quality too, so there is nothing wrong with that but it definitely isn't better than BMW build/material quality.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW