reginos:

I don't know if anyone will agree with me (doubtful?) but I find the F430 a more characterful design than the new 458.

The outgoing car is a perfect mix between elegant style and sportiness. A real race car for the road appeal. The new car, although pretty,  looks more effeminate and has a frail delicacy that doesn't suit the brand and the character of the car. Moreover, the 458 has something wrong in its proportions around the area of the rear wheel arch especially if you look at it 3/4 from the front. The space freed up by the removal of the 430 intakes was not successfully tackled by the designers IMO.

IMO the F430 is a classic and used ones will be the real deal for enthusiasts soon.

2010-Ferrari-430-Scuderia-Image-01-800.jpg

_Ferrari-458-Italia-1-lg.jpg

I do agree with you. At first I liked the 458 much more then the 430, but after seeing it in real life, and driving it, I do like the looks of the 430 scud more . It is much more masculin and raw, more impressive. The 458 is a bit too much on the skinny side and has some weird details that you see in real life, not on the pics

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm