One reason for the "softer" look was the development scrapbook. Marketing demanded a less "massive" look and they got it.

The next Cayenne generation looks very nice actually but I'm not too impressed with the fact that the weight reduction has been marginal only according to our sources.

Yes, the X5/X6 M is a very nice SUV, especially considering the price tag. Some dealers over here in Germany started to sell slightly (4000-5000 km) used X6 M for under 100000 EUR, cars with a new car value of around 123000 EUR. Not bad, good for potential customers.

I even found a white X6 M with 1000 km for 97000 EUR, fully loaded, from an official BMW dealer with full warranty. Unfortunately this car was gone after only one week.

This friday, I'm going to get another X6 M for the weekend because I need to make a final decison. I'll keep you guys updated.

A little sidenote regarding the X6 Hybrid: for 102000 EUR (german price tag incl. 19% VAT), the X6 Hybrid is an interesting product because it is already fully loaded. Unfortunately it weights 200 kg more than the regular X6 and the additional weights eats up the power gain through the hybrid system. Even more disappointing is the fact that according to two reviews I've read, the hybrid barely saves fuel compared to the regular model. You really need to be extremely "gentle" with the throttle foot to get some fuel savings, which btw. aren't too impressive. Sorry but I prefer the X6 M for almost the same amount of money.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW