Quote:
Alan(NJ) said:
lets' see GT3 is better looking, almost as quick, just as fast, less luxury more sports car, lighter, crisper handling due to lighter weight, likely better re-sale value, has just enough electronics to keep you safe but not enough to kill the fun on the track and is less expensive?

Now, I'll answer myself (sign of insanity, methinks)

1) better looking, maybe but can't stand that boy racer rear spoiler
2) almost as quick, maybe but you better like to run at high revs that's where all the power is
3) just as fast, 193mph is somewhat illegal on NJ roads
4) lighter, yes, noisier interior, yes
5) crisper handling, probably, but what's it like on the road
6) better resale value - I guess, but probably less potential buyers
7) just enough electronics - PASM standard - wonder if that will make the track junkies happy

So which are you buying turbo or GT3? Whoever the guy was that wanted to know if he had enough to buy both - good idea!

I still think that the GT3 and Turbo are two different products for almost the same audience, making a decison pretty difficult. I'd put it this way: the GT3 is a bang for the buck, the best 911 offer from Porsche in my opinion.
Disadvantages: no backseats, no PSM, no AWD...not very important things but still some "deal breakers".
The 997 Turbo is more of a little 959, a do-it-can-it-all 911. It is not cheap, it is extremely fast, it is safe, it is good as a daily driver too, no matter if it rains or even snows.
So which one to get? Simple: if money is an issue, you don't have (or don't want to take the) kids with you, you're doing a lot of track racing and you just need a weekend car for fun, the GT3 is just perfect. Just make sure you learn how to drive it, no safety cushion available.
If money isn't a real issue, if you're driving mostly in the city, if you're not each weekend on the track, if you want to move your kids/family too in your car from time to time or if you need to transport a samsonite suitcase for a long weekend with your wife/girlfriend, if you're living in an area with rain and/or snow and if you want to have that extra safety cushion, the 997 Turbo is the perfect car for you.

Both are fast but an unexperienced driver would be probably faster in the 997 Turbo. Don't think that you are capable to drive faster if you're buying yourself a "racecar" (GT3), on the contrary, the GT3 is more challenging, especially since it has only TC and no PSM or AWD.

Looks? The GT3 has a sportier "clean" look, the 997 Turbo looks more aggressive and huge. Maybe like the difference between Brad Pitt and governor Arnie.

Owning both would be perfect but I'm afraid not many people here can afford it, including me.