Quote:
SteveD said:
The Z4 can be neat, but is at it's best being drifted out of a corner and driven like a 'roadster' rather than a 'sports car'. The distinction is important and is one of the reasons why I find the Z4 a more enjoyable daily companion than my Boxster ever was. But that very much depends on how you like to drive.

It's a different kind of car to the Boxster/Cayman, but it's misleading to say the Boxster is better, because there are appealing attributes of the Z4 that the Boxster just doesn't have.

Steve, excellent review from an obvious very experienced Z4 owner Though I agree with your description of the cars' different driving dynamics I don't agree with your conclusion, but that's just - as you have statet - a matter of personal preference. In so far there is no such thing like the "better car" per se. Either you prefer the "ying and yang" balance of a Boxster (like some author described it) or the more raw drive feeling of a Z4 - both can be appealing, but for some egoistic reasons I hope the "boring factor" you experienced with the Boxster will not catch me too soon with my 987 S