Quote:
69bossnine said:
Quote:
Alex (UK) said:
I'm sorry: "a transverse leaf spring at either end" ... better? Still going to be pretty crude in it's reactions even on the smoothest of roads. So fine for flat race tracks, not so fine for real world public roads.

Fact is, the Corvette's ability to absorb bumps in the road, and stay planted and poised, is world-class. It's the bushing, damping and the chassis rigidity that doesn't quite make it, it's the details. Has not a damn thing to do with the rear suspension geometry. You hear "leaf spring", and you jump to a false conclusion, a stereotype. Ya probably think that the Z06 engine is "crude and archaic" because it's got pushrods too.... Sorry I'm being so harsh, but if we're going to proudly defend ourselves against the Vette guys, least we can do is be half-way educated about it...

The Corvette's ability to stay planted and to absorb bumps is world class?!?! Either you haven't driven a Vette in a competitive setting, or you haven't driven a 911 in a competitive setting. Sorry, let me rephrase: doesn't sound like you've driven them back to back in a competitive setting. If the Vette is world class, than the 911 is galaxy-defeating!

Name the parking lot and I'll bring the cones and my 911 S. We'll set up a nice slalom and a lane toss excercise, throwing in some broken pavement in the apex of the turn. Then tell me how world class the Vette is...