Didn't know you spent some time in New England? Did you go to college there? My sister and I were both New Englanders and I was from Cambridge side. Looks like you got loads of Porsche friends and I have loads to learn from you.

When I was going to college in Boston, I remember all the hot cars outside Loew Cheri Club Nicole and those were the good o days when a porsche would only cost 50K USD - 60K right right? Now I am making my own money and it feels even better even if it is just a boxster... and yeah... that's what I can afford and the S will be a stretch. Heck guess what? For what I am doing, I am totally putting the mortgage on a house behind my head already. It's quite crazy to give up a 700K SLK for a Boxster base tip s right? Just cos the SLK doesn't feel right.

Yes, I agree with you very much... there are just too many wannabes in 200 taking out that damn badge putting the bodykit and 19" on. Actually, MB did a great car for 420,000 when it first rolled out. Also, it looks weird as it seems a bit too girlie to me... no joke, I see so many girls or tai tais driving a black on red interior 200. It would be a nice wife car? Yeah? Bose was founded by a few old classmates at school... used to get a discount.

Now that really turns me off and makes me feel sympathetic towards those 55 owners... for paying 930K for a car that looks the same with a bunch of wannabes paying 420K... no way. I'd rather drive a mini cooper plain vanilla than a 55. What's PM? Hey man where do you work? I work around Central and maybe we can take delivery at the same time and go for a cruise.

A friend of mine told me to hold off and wait a bit for Porsche to fit its entire line with the DSG...afterall, it owns 10% of VW and if it sells a TOUREG... oh I mean CAYENNE V6 with so much crossover... I wonder why it is still using tiptronic. Well maybe it ain't so bad cos it is 3rd generation and well established and researched... the SMG on the M3 is famous to burn out just right after the 2nd year of warranty like what happened to my friend's M3. Actually, one friend said he switched from M3 to a 987 base tip and he would never even look back although the M3 was a ton more powerful... it just didn't feel the same.

You ever considered the plain vanilla 997? To me it's a bit expensive but I do prefer the look of the boxster.

If there's one thing I miss, it will be the folding metal roof. It is chic. and sleek and definitely the price of a convertible for 2... instantly into a coupe and instantly into open air fun. Porsche can ever do this... limitations being RR and MR and just no space for the folding metal top...

A few options did show up... I have 2 more days to think think and think. I can either keep the SLK 350 for 3 more years and trade in for a 997 hopefully by then I would have enough... or change to 987 plain base and keep it for another 5/6 years (unlikely to change any time soon considering that I did buy 2 cars within 12 months)... and go for then a 998... my next one is definitely gonna be a 911.