Quote:
993 said:
Quote:
Moogle said:
ugh, deviated stitching is STILL multiple option codes?..

the real kicker is that simply ordering the 4 codes isnt enough, you have to specify LEATHER options for certain parts to get the full stitching complement.

shame on porsche for making it so complicated. their [censored] salesmen and sales managers who are poorly trained usually muck it up.

ask me how i know... had to reject a 180k Turbo S cabriolet because it had 3 colours of stitching with various important places missing coloured stitching.

So how would one order deviated stitching? What are the option codes for the stitching, what leather options do you need to add, and can you specify the color of the stitching?

Just got a 2nd 996TTS Coupe w/deviated stitching.....must say, P did a brilliant job....can't imagine ever getting a P w/the std plasticky econobox interior.

Need to get a dealer and salesguy who knows PCNA well and can help manage the order. On 996TTS, ordered blk/blk w/blk wheels (XD9), sports seats (P78), stitch seats (Z84), rear center console leather (XMZ...lots of stitching), leather visors (XMP), red belts (XSX), large leather interior package (E70)...critical to having speaker covers and front defroster trim stitched; steering column in leather (more stitching below dials); steering wheel interior leather (XPA...airbag cover stitched); Z099 (all exclus option dev stitch); Z098 (all C/T options w/dev stitch); CPZ (thicker wheel; stitching on rim); XSB (sport seats backs leather covered and w/dev stitch); Y23 (alum/leath shifter upgrade; dev stitch); Z88 (door/dash stitch dev color). I chose red stitch; think P has yell and blue as other possibs...would bet they'd do any another color for another upcharge. MSRP was only something like $155K....IMO, an amazing value....can't think of another car w/such tough-to-beat N-ring numbers, F-like bespoke interior and Merc-like safety systems....and AWD for commuter duty in SF's winter rainy season...not to mention, a bulletproof, non-RMS-prone motor, a linear steering ratio and non-VW Beetle headlights.....all in one low-profile stealth missle package....