Quote:
adam s said:
this is concerning to me as I do track days...do you guys know of aftermarket spoiler maker that would actually provide better downforce for the front (ie not jsut for looks) and any actual measurements and numbers?

I have driven the C2S up to 300 kph and it didn't feel threatening light in high-speed bends. SportAuto's test commented on that one as well and stated that it is way less obvious than on its predecessor but more obvious than, let's say, in a Mercedes limousine!

In fact the steering as much as the suspension is MILES ahead of the TT, which was bashed heavily here in Europe for its very critical high-speed behavior in its very first edition. You cannot escape the fact that the TT's chassis is derived from the Volkswagen Golf's!

If you have difficulties with a light front end I would check tire pressure very precisely and maybe even alignment, but that should be coordinated with your local dealer in that case. I have no knowledge how sensitive the 997 is to these facts.

The C4S has a different suspension setting and along with its wider track at the rear is said to be much more stable in high-speed turns. This seems, along with even better traction, be the biggest difference to the 2WD counterpart!