Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Opinions of Guards Red

In my opinion the only car that any color suits it is porsche.

I have owned 3 guards red porsches.....1988 911 targa, 1989 911 coupe, and 1997 boxster. As long as you wax red regularly and use a garage the color holds up well....I kept track of my two 911's after I sold them and both spent a lot of time in the sunshine....the color definitely fades from the sun.....i still have the boxster and the color is like new....but it is my fairweather car and spends most of its time in the garage. I am interested in a 997 and the guards red still looks in the pictures, but I am still undecided on color.

a 1988 car should & will fade eventually

great thread--i've been sold on silver... up... til... the... very... LAST... POSSIBLE... moment... when i dove for red!

silverrules: i'm with you on this one--going with red, fo sho--

the pics that pushed me over to THE REDSIDE:

its a nice color b ut as non metallic it is more sensitive. thats a fact

igzaklee, GOOD Choice !!!!! I will post pics (997S cab, red/blk)in 2-3 wks. Been waiting for the vessel for the last 2 weeks.

Cant see your pictures. Can you repost the pics again? Thanks.

Oh My. How could anybody not buy guards red
    Thanks for the link.

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    igzaklee, GOOD Choice !!!!! I will post pics (997S cab, red/blk)in 2-3 wks. Been waiting for the vessel for the last 2 weeks.
    Cant see your pictures. Can you repost the pics again? Thanks.

Is your car showing the ONVESL (On Vessel) status? When I last checked late last week my cab was still only showing CMPPRD (Vehicle completed production). I am assuming that our cars should both be on the same ship. I plan on calling Newport Porsche within the next couple of days if I don't hear from them to determine if my car is finally on a ship. I was able to get a VIN from them last week. If you are getting the Navigation system, make sure your dealer orders the DVD now so it will arrive before your car. The dealer has to have the VIN before they can order the disc.

Phil

Phil,It completed production on 3/16 and I been calling the dealer everyday but status shows completed production. Someone in another forum said they might have not updated the computers and we might see the cars very soon as it happened to him. Good point on the DVD, I will call them tomorrow as I have the VIN#. . Last time I had to wait a week before I got the DVD. Thanks.

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Phil,It completed production on 3/16 and I been calling the dealer everyday but status shows completed production. Someone in another forum said they might have not updated the computers and we might see the cars very soon as it happened to him. Good point on the DVD, I will call them tomorrow as I have the VIN#. . Last time I had to wait a week before I got the DVD. Thanks.

My car was scheduled to be completed on 3/15/05, but later showed an actual completion date of 3/21/05. The last four numbers of the VIN indicate the sequence in which the car was made. Mine shows *391 as the last four numbers. If yours was completed earlier than mine your numbers should be less than mine.

Also, on another forum they were able to track their car by VIN at www.wlna.com. It is the website for a steamship company that apparently hauls Porsches. Go to "cargo tracking" then "auto cargo". Enter your VIN. It worked for the poster. It didn't work for me tonight.

Phil

How do you obtain the status of your vehicle (such as ONVESL, CMPPRD) please? Is there a web site or does the dealer track for you on their computer system?
    Thanks.

Quote:
    PS CA said:

Is your car showing the ONVESL (On Vessel) status? When I last checked late last week my cab was still only showing CMPPRD (Vehicle completed production). I am assuming that our cars should both be on the same ship. I plan on calling Newport Porsche within the next couple of days if I don't hear from them to determine if my car is finally on a ship. I was able to get a VIN from them last week. If you are getting the Navigation system, make sure your dealer orders the DVD now so it will arrive before your car. The dealer has to have the VIN before they can order the disc.

Phil

Quote:
    cannga said:
    How do you obtain the status of your vehicle (such as ONVESL, CMPPRD) please? Is there a web site or does the dealer track for you on their computer system?
    Thanks.

As far as I know, only your dealer can provide this information. It is part of their order entry system with PCNA. At any time they can enter your order number and the system with show the status of your car. There is some debate about whether the info that PCNA provides is current, but that would be difficult to determine. My dealer even faxed me a copy of the status report so I could see how it looks.

Phil

I saw Guards Red on a C2 yesterday for the first time and it looked awesome. I've previously only seen pictures and not been at all impressed.

Guards Red needs to be seen in the flesh to be fully appreciated

^^agreed. i think we've all been too brainwashed into the silver-thang for too many recent years now...

red for me became the perfect beauteous reaction--

besides, it's less 'calculating' than silver, and much more 'lustful' imo

that is, if you can handle it!

PS CA, Thanks for the hint, I will give it a shot. The link does not work. Would you please repost the link again. My last 3 digits are 377. Thanks.

Phil,got to the website and inputed the VIN and nothing. I then tried another Vehicle from my dealership that shows status of ONVSL and no luck finding that either.

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Phil,got to the website and inputed the VIN and nothing. I then tried another Vehicle from my dealership that shows status of ONVSL and no luck finding that either.

After researching this a little more, I am convinced that this steamship line only handles Porsches to the east coast. I have been trying to find out who handles them to the west coast, but I have not been successful. I went to the Port of San Diego website and there are two auto carriers inbound from Europe, but there wasn't any VIN tracing program available. The ships were from NYK Lines.

As of today my dealer said the status of my car still shows completed only. The salesman said they have about 5 other cars showing the same status.

If our VIN's mean anything, your car is 14 cars ahead of mine.

I will call my dealer again early next week if I don't hear from them before that.

Phil

Quote:
    PS CA said:
    ...After researching this a little more, I am convinced that this steamship line only handles Porsches to the east coast. I have been trying to find out who handles them to the west coast, but I have not been successful. I went to the Port of San Diego website and there are two auto carriers inbound from Europe, but there wasn't any VIN tracing program available. The ships were from NYK Lines.

As of today my dealer said the status of my car still shows completed only. The salesman said they have about 5 other cars showing the same status.

If our VIN's mean anything, your car is 14 cars ahead of mine.

I will call my dealer again early next week if I don't hear from them before that.

Phil

Porsche to the west coast are transported on VWT ships (Volkswagen Transport). The are no VIN locators and you cannot track VWT ships like many others.

Quote:
    vtrader said:
    Porsche to the west coast are transported on VWT ships (Volkswagen Transport). The are no VIN locators and you cannot track VWT ships like many others.

If you can get the name of your ship you may be able to track it via the Port of San Diego website. As an example, here is the info on an inbound ship that appears to be a VWT ship:

"Capricornus Leader 04/11 unkn 04/12 unkn Baltimore, Maryland 24-05 Disc Automobile, Local PASHA PSH VWT PA"

The first date shown is the due date and the second date shown is the departure date. You can find this info at http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/

Now if I can just get my car loaded on a ship and get the vessel name.

Phil

If you have a vessel name you can also sometimes get its current location at: http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/index.html#search

This doesn't work for all ships.

Phil

Guys, Dealer just called me and my car is now officialy ONVSL. It was loaded intto the boat yesterday and your babay is probably right next to mine. 3 more weeks of waiting.

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Guys, Dealer just called me and my car is now officialy ONVSL. It was loaded intto the boat yesterday and your babay is probably right next to mine. 3 more weeks of waiting.

Wouldn't you know it, my salesman is off today. I will call him tomorrow to see if my cab got on the ship too. Did they give you the name of the ship?

Phil

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Guys, Dealer just called me and my car is now officialy ONVSL.

I went to the Port of San Diego website and I found one ship that might be the one. It is due in 4/18. It is the vessel Pacific Leader an NYK ship being operated by VWT (Volkswagen Transport). Just a guess, it may not contain our cars.........

Here is what the website shows:

Pioneer Leader 04/18 unkn 04/18 unkn TBN 24-05 Disc Automobile, Local PASHA PASHA VWT PA

Phil

You guys sound almost as crazy as me... The red and white ship in the middle, is the Taronga. We watched my car and a million others being unloaded Sat 12 Mar 2005.

Guys, I will try to get the ship name but not sure. I will report back.
    BTW, nice picture. We need the twin Turbo on the Vessel

The dealer Main contact was not in today and I couldn't get the ship name. Maybe tomorrow. The bad news is that Porsche has changed their policy and will not release the cars from the port until the dealer pays the invoice and their check is cashed. In the past the dealers paid the invoice after the car was delivered. The new process takes 7-8 days and sometimes up to 2 weeks. Looks like some of the dealers were not paying on time so we are all being punished. Damn.

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    The dealer Main contact was not in today and I couldn't get the ship name. Maybe tomorrow. The bad news is that Porsche has changed their policy and will not release the cars from the port until the dealer pays the invoice and their check is cashed. In the past the dealers paid the invoice after the car was delivered. The new process takes 7-8 days and sometimes up to 2 weeks. Looks like some of the dealers were not paying on time so we are all being punished. Damn.

I confirmed that Pasha is the port agent for Porsche in San Diego. So, maybe the Pioneer Leader is the ship we are waiting for. I have read that it typically takes about 20 days to get here. Assuming the Pioneer Leader left Germany yesterday or today, the arrival date of 4/18 is about right.

Here again is the info from the Port of San Diego website:
    Pioneer Leader 04/18 unkn 04/18 unkn TBN 24-05 Disc Automobile, Local PASHA PASHA VWT PA

We shall see....with an arrival date of 4/18 and a week at PDI, maybe my car will make it to Newport Beach by 4/26 or so.

The internet sure allows us to play detective. However I could be completely wrong about this.

Phil

Thanks Phil for the info. Agree abut seeing our cars around end of April and on time for perfect evenings---> TOP DOWN

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781733 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442792 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263464 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261858 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85954 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5981 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881631 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819514 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM