Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Anyone buying a 997 S Cabriolet have a delivery date yet ?

Not launch cars but customer specific.

Re: Anyone buying a 997 S Cabriolet have a delivery date yet

Just asked today. Was one of the first on the list. Should be in April without Sports Exhaust, probably May with Sports Exhaust. But nothing confirmed.

Seven,

THANK YOU. I was told the same thing. That sports exhaust was not available yet so I told the dealer to build the car with out it. The sports exhaust comes with the chrome plated tail pipes. And the 997 S exhaust sounds so great I can only imagine what it sounds like w/ the sport exhaust. The chrome tail pipe option wasn't available yet either the last I checked.

Are you going to wait for the sports exhaust ?

I think I will wait. The Sports Exhaust is supposed to sound terrific. But I didn't get a precise information how much longer I have to wait for the XLF. I heard production of the XLF is speeding up. And I heard nobody canceled XLF because of delay. At least until now.

I got a build date of March 14th which is this coming Monday. Should have the car between April 14-21.
    Thank's

Re: Anyone buying a 997 S Cabriolet have a delivery date yet ?

My midnight blue, grey all leather 997S cab is due to be completed 4 April with estimated arrival 2 May. The car is loaded; only things not ordered are the PCCBs and sports exhaust. Had a chance to drive a coupe last week and was really impressed with the differences between it and my 996 cab. In particular you notice the improved steering and gearbox, which feels much tighter (shorter throws). Can't wait for cruising past May flowers

silverrules, helo1, seven,

Thank you. I spoke to my dealer today. He was having problems logging into Porsche but will call me Monday with information on when to expect my car.

I was at a dealership in Long Island NY. today and they had their 997 S Cab launch car on the floor which was sold. It was Artic Silver with Black int. Full leather, nav etc. Let me tell you.....The car is unbelievable. I was drooling walking around the car. The quality of materials and fittings is so far above my 996. I've seen plenty of 997 S coupes and the interior looks fantastic but when you see the interior with the top down it is almost like looking at a completely different car. And this car didn't even have adaptive sport seats. With the top down you can really see more of the upgraded details in the interior. I never really thought of it too much but in a coupe you're either looking through a window at the interior or you're inside the car right on top of it. With the cabriolet walking around the car about a foot away and looking down into the car instead of sideways through a window you can really see the way they improved the layout and how after pooling from the same boxster and 911 parts bin for the 996 how they have brought the interior up to a much higher level. The stitching on the dash and door panels on a full leather car is gorgous. Maybe I'm just really excited about getting the cab after seeing one today for the first time but I'm telling you everything looked like they had the cab in mind all along when designing the 997. Standing behind the car at an angle the tires look huge and with the 4 tube exhaust it looks mean. With the top down the cab actually looks a lot wider then the coupe. I know it's not but there was a coupe in the dealer right next to the cab, even the salesguy was saying the same thing. From rear quarter angle and from behind the cab looks much wider. The rear seats are still tilted a little forward just like a 996 cab. Guess that's because the rear seats and the roof are the only parts that the 997 shares with the 996. And the seats are tilted slightly forward in comparison to the coupe to allow space for the top. Anyway I'm pysched. I can't wait to see how sports crested adaptive sports seats look in a cab and how that thicker sports steelring wheel with smooth leather is going to feel. I'd love to take a nap and wake up a month from now ready to pick up my new ride !

I've already told my dealer not to prep my car. Most of the time dealers use outside detailers and they usually stink. When I pick up my car it will go immediately to my detailer to install 3M body armour on the front and right behind each wheel. If you have the right guy doing this it's worth it's weight in gold. I have it on my 996 and on my Ferrari. The right installer will make it nearly impossible to detect unless you're looking for it and will really protect from small stone chips. If you live in the NY Metro area the only place to get a perfect job is "Detailing Dynamics" in Mineola.

btw: Alot of the NY dealers that I've spoken to are sold out of customer spec'd 2005 997 S Cab's.

Thanks .. yea with the top down the car looks so Phat from the back ...

yea it does look wider than the coupe for some reason

Im in love!!!!!! nicest ass ive ever seen!!!!! two weeks to go till mine comes in

OCEAN,

Great pics. Thanks. That's the color combo I'm getting. I'm telling you the cab. looks wider than the coupe. When you step a little further back and can see the back of the tires the car looks even wider. I've read a lot about Porsche designing the rear of the 997 to look better than the 996 in convertible. And it really does.

I don't think I've ever been this psyched about a new car. I bought that 997 book from the Porsche web-site because I've already read every single article in every magazine that I can find. I'm glad I found this place

You've probably seen some pics in these links alreay but if not :::::::::
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=2159

Techart: (love the wheels)
    http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/carrera_techart.asp

cantwait2getmine,

Where in NY do you live ? I was at the Porsche dealer in Huntington Long Island yesterday looking at their launch car which was sold and going out the door. Their 2005 997 S cab allocation is sold out.

You're getting a cab in 2 weeks ? Was it spec'd out by Porsche for a launch car or was it a car you optioned ? What color and options ? Please put in the pics when you get it.

Stradale,

Acutually a funny story... put a c4s cab on order about 6 months ago. Figured i was in no rush as i have a 996 right now. After seeing the picts/performance decided i didnt want to wait. Learned the 4 was not as fun to drive as the 2 and I would never be driving it in the winter anyway. Called my dealer to switch mid-january and he screwed me. told me I had to get to the back of the line of the c2s's. I flipped!!!!

Called a friend of a friend who owns a dealership and he gave me a special allocation that he had. Car had a beginning of march build date and they promissed end march-beginning april delivery. With this weather the extra week wont kill me. Got to spec it out to my liking too.

I called the original dealer to cancel when i got the build confirmation and he was real upset to lose the biz. I told him a Sept delivery was not acceptable. Who wants a cab at the end of the season? He called me the next day and offered me a launch car. I turned it down as it wasnt spec'd the way I wanted... whats an extra 3 weeks anyway. So he then offered me a June delivery as he was going to give the launch car to that person on the list. If you're interested PM me and I'll give you the details of the dealers.

btw....

e9 Midnight Blue Metallic
    v4 Metrol Blue Top
    td Sand Beige Standard Leather
    342 Heated Front Seats
    405 19" Carrera Classic Wheels
    446 Wheel Caps with Colored Crest
    640 Sport Chrono Package Plus
    670 Navigation for PCM
    M6N Sand Beige Floor Mats (gotta love that they charge an extra $115 for mats on a 90K car)

Full Leather Interior (Black)
    Black Mats with Porsche Lettering
    Heated Front Seats
    Adaptive Sport Seats
    Bose High End Sound Package
    6 Disc CD Changer
    Hard Top
    Sport Chrono Package Plus
    Navigation for PCM
    Sport Shifter
    Wheel Caps with Colored Crest
    Self-Dimming Mirrors

Ehhhh, pushed the enter too soon. Anyway, I have a 997S cab guards red coming in about 4 weeks. Counting day's now.
    Heated Front Seats
    Adaptive Sport Seats
    6 Disc CD Changer
    Hard Top
    Navigation for PCM
    Sport Shifter
    Self-Dimming Mirrors

Hey that's my car's ass!

Somebody took that picture from my post at http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=190888

I got delivery of my 997 S Cab on last Friday, it's a beautiful thing! ;-)

Quote:
    Stradale said:

My ordered S cab shows a completion date at the factory of today 3/14. Shipping to California should add on about a month, so I should see it mid-April. I was the first to order at my dealer (one of the top 5 volume dealers in the USA). I ordered the day after the dealer got pricing and was able to actually able place an order. Mine should be the first to arrive other than the launch cars. It is Artic silver with full black leather, much like the launch car. I too thought it looked better in person that I even had hoped for.

Phil

Quote:
    cantwait2getmine said:
    Stradale,

If you're interested PM me and I'll give you the details of the dealers.

cantwait2getmine,

Thanks. I spoke with my dealer today and all he said is that my order had been accepted but he didn't have any other information. He said to check back with him on Friday. I find that a little strange because everyone else here seems to know when their car is being built. It actually ruined my day to be honest, I was hoping for some information today on when I could expect the car. I know he's reputable, I bought my 2002 996 TT from him but dont know.

If I don't get a better anwer Friday I might look elsewhere. Could you please email me the dealer info. My email is blackturbo@msn.com

Do you think it's weird that a dealer doesn't know the exact build date ? I ordered my car in January and he said I was getting his first customer specified car.

Do you think it's weird that a dealer doesn't know the exact build date ? I ordered my car in January and he said I was getting his first customer specified car.

What month did the dealer tell you his allogation was

Quote:
    cantwait2getmine said:
    btw....

e9 Midnight Blue Metallic
    v4 Metrol Blue Top
    td Sand Beige Standard Leather
    342 Heated Front Seats
    405 19" Carrera Classic Wheels
    446 Wheel Caps with Colored Crest
    640 Sport Chrono Package Plus
    670 Navigation for PCM
    M6N Sand Beige Floor Mats (gotta love that they charge an extra $115 for mats on a 90K car)

Sounds really, really nice. I like the Midnight Blue Metallic

"gotta love that they charge an extra $115 for mats on a 90K car"

LOL ! Actually I ordered the $425 floor mats that have leather binding around them. I just have this thing about floor mats. I haven't seen them but they sound nice. I'll probably be the only one insane enough to spend that kinda money for mats. Since my Stradale doesn't have any mats at all (that's the way they come) I guess I'm over compensating. Then again I also ordered the $560 leather sun visors. I don't like the look of the plastic ones in my 996 and thought leather ones especially in a cabriolet where you can really see them would be a nice touch. Hopefully they come with a nice stitch similar to the dash and door panels. I'd say those two options are the only two that weren't important.

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Ehhhh, pushed the enter too soon. Anyway, I have a 997S cab guards red coming in about 4 weeks. Counting day's now.
    Heated Front Seats
    Adaptive Sport Seats
    6 Disc CD Changer
    Hard Top
    Navigation for PCM
    Sport Shifter
    Self-Dimming Mirrors

Everyone I've read in this forum has good taste. Pretty much going with cool color combo's and options. I havn't seen anyone ordering wood. To each his own but I always wonder when I see the pages in Porsche catalog with sycamore & macassar. On boats or even Mercedes fine but not on a "track car" type of automobile. I guess if you're posting in a place like this you are an avid sports car type that shares similar likes ,,,,,,,,dislikes.... . Dunno.

Quote:
    PS CA said:
    Quote:
    Stradale said:

My ordered S cab shows a completion date at the factory of today 3/14. Shipping to California should add on about a month, so I should see it mid-April. I was the first to order at my dealer (one of the top 5 volume dealers in the USA). I ordered the day after the dealer got pricing and was able to actually able place an order. Mine should be the first to arrive other than the launch cars. It is Artic silver with full black leather, much like the launch car. I too thought it looked better in person that I even had hoped for.

Phil

Congratulations Phil. That's great news, bet you're pysched. Mine will be Artic/ Black as well. Please put in loads of pics when you get the car, it looks like you'll get yours way before I get mine.

A buddy of mine asked me to come with him today to look at Infiniti's so we stopped in to "Pepe Infiniti/ Porsche" in White Plains NY. They had an Artic/ Black on the floor with a "sold" sign on the windshield. It really does look even better in person. Afterwards we stopped into BMW. I had a 1999 528i and a 2002 M5. When I got my M5 I remember feeling there are few companies that put together quality like BMW. Sitting in a 997 you realize how far above BMW they have come in the fit and finish. Especially in the quality of leather and plastic in the interior.

Quote:
    OCEAN said:

What month did the dealer tell you his allogation was

He didn't say.

Quote:

I find that really strange since dealers could start ordering cabs the first week of December. You didn't order until January and you were the first customer order at your dealership??? By Dec. 15th I had a hard copy of my confirmed order. I have known my car would be completed on March 14th for over a month. I suspect someone is not telling you the truth (or the dealer has such a small allocation that they won't get one of the first cars). Ask you dealer what status the report shows when they bring it up on the computer. Does it at least show it was accepted by PCNA (ACPORD)?

Phil

Quote:
    cantwait2getmine said:
    Im in love!!!!!! nicest ass ive ever seen!!!!! two weeks to go till mine comes in

Mine will arive in about 7 weeks, it'll be a black S with sportdesign 19" wheels

Quote:
    PS CA said:
    Quote:

I find that really strange since dealers could start ordering cabs the first week of December. You didn't order until January and you were the first customer order at your dealership??? By Dec. 15th I had a hard copy of my confirmed order. I have known my car would be completed on March 14th for over a month. I suspect someone is not telling you the truth (or the dealer has such a small allocation that they won't get one of the first cars). Ask you dealer what status the report shows when they bring it up on the computer. Does it at least show it was accepted by PCNA (ACPORD)?

Phil

I'm online for his first car while not ordering till January because I told him back in September I wanted the car...........There was a 996 4s that I almost bought from him in September. When I was having second thoughts he advised me to wait for the 997 S cab. At that time he promised me his first 997 S cab. I just didn't spec. it out until January. He knows me because I've bought other Porsche's from him. It will be interesting to see how things develop. As long as I get my car late April/ Early May I'll be happy. Hopefully I should know more this week.

Does anyone have those codes ? The ones that tell you where in production timeframe the cars are ? The codes that say whether you can change your order or not etc. Also how long does it take from the start to end of build. Most importantly do dealers get information on when the car starts production ?

"Does it at least show it was accepted by PCNA (ACPORD)?"

Yes, it was accepted 6 weeks ago.

Quote:
    Stradale said:
    Yes, it was accepted 6 weeks ago.

My order was accepted by December 15th, yet it wasn't manufactured until this week. I wonder if an order accepted around the first of February would make the cut-off for March allocation?

Here are some of the codes:
    ACKNWL Order acknowledged by PCNA
    ACPORD Order accepted by PCNA
    CANCEL Order rejected by PCNA, no allocation
    CMPPRD Vehicle completed production
    CUSTMR Customer order
    DLRARR Arrived at dealership
    EXPPDI Expedite at PDI
    HLDORD Order held/over allocation
    IMPINV Vehicle complete and invoiced
    IMPPRT Vehicle at U.S. Port
    INTRND Vehicle shipped to dealer
    ONVESL On vessel
    PDIFIN Vehicle finished PDI
    PLPROD Vehicle is planned for production
    PRDEST Estimated completion date
    PRDLST Factory last checkpoint
    PROD Vehicle in production
    SHPDLR Ship to dealer

Your dealer can get the current status of your car at any time. All dealers should have a computer with access to this data. I am able to get the current status from my dealer whenever I contact them.

Phil

I haven't got a delivery date yet, but I did receive confirmation today that my car has been completed. The dealer's computer showed: PRDLST (Factory last checkpoint). The best estimate from the dealer is that I should get the car within 3 to 4 weeks.

Phil

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    779807 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442363 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263170 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261476 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85686 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5843 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881190 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    817981 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM