Quote:
PS CA said:
Quote:

I find that really strange since dealers could start ordering cabs the first week of December. You didn't order until January and you were the first customer order at your dealership??? By Dec. 15th I had a hard copy of my confirmed order. I have known my car would be completed on March 14th for over a month. I suspect someone is not telling you the truth (or the dealer has such a small allocation that they won't get one of the first cars). Ask you dealer what status the report shows when they bring it up on the computer. Does it at least show it was accepted by PCNA (ACPORD)?

Phil

I'm online for his first car while not ordering till January because I told him back in September I wanted the car...........There was a 996 4s that I almost bought from him in September. When I was having second thoughts he advised me to wait for the 997 S cab. At that time he promised me his first 997 S cab. I just didn't spec. it out until January. He knows me because I've bought other Porsche's from him. It will be interesting to see how things develop. As long as I get my car late April/ Early May I'll be happy. Hopefully I should know more this week.

Does anyone have those codes ? The ones that tell you where in production timeframe the cars are ? The codes that say whether you can change your order or not etc. Also how long does it take from the start to end of build. Most importantly do dealers get information on when the car starts production ?