Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 996 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

My car (pix inside) '03 996C2 with fiew options

Hello,
    My name is Harold. I'm from south of France. I'm 29 yo. This is my first Porsche. I bought it at the Porsche factory in Stuttgart in November. Do you like it??

There are many options. I will try to translate them to post them in english. But my english is so bad
    C.U soon.
    HHH.

Re: My car (pix inside) '03 996C2 with fiew options

welcome to the board.
    for the car, especialy with the aerokit.

Salut Harold et bienvenue!
    You car is beautiful! Very nice!
    Is it Atlas grey?
    I like the interior with the Center and Upper console in Alu design, very nice!
    A bientot!

Salut Fanch,
    the color in french we say gris ardoise.
    The options : C00
    P11 Self dimming interior rear view mirror with rain sensor
    P16 P74
    P77 Sport Seats
    IXLF SPORTS EXHAUST SYSTEM
    IXPA 3SPOKE SPORTS STEERING WHEEL LEATHER INTERIOR COLOUR
    IXAA AEROKIT
    IXRP 45 WHEEL SPACERS FRONT/REAR AXLES
    IXSC PORSCHE CREST EMBOSSED HEADREST
    IXD9 WHEEL PAINTED BODY COLOUR
    IXX1 FLOOR MATS, LOGO, LEATHER BORDER
    X54 Oval Chrome Exhaust Pipes
    X74
    X97 Aluminium/leather shift knob
    X98 Aluminium/leather parking break handle
    Y06 Shift Lever/Brake Handle-Aluminum
    M265 AUTOMATIC ANTIDAZZLE INTERIOR MIRROR WITH RAIN SENSOR

M342 SEAT HEATING SYSTEM, LEFT/RIGHT SEAT
    M411 CARRERAWHEEL
    M476 PORSCHE STABILITY MANAGEMENT (PSM)
    M490 MY02 --> SOUND SYSTEM HARMANN ANALOG
    567 Windshield green graduated tint
    650 Sunroof
    692 Remote CD changer (6-disc)
    00501 09971
    09991 manufacture from the exclusive-programme
    And more ..
    C.U
    HHH

Merci Harold,
    For our international users, Gris Ardoise is Slate Grey.
    Very nice color!
    How do you find the ride (comfort) with the X74 option?
    Not too stiff (rigide)?
    Really nice car!
    Did you order it? Or was it at the factory ready to be sold?

Very nice Harold I don't usually like painted wheels except for certain cases and this is one of them, looks great!

Salut Harold,

We're not on club911.net but your car still looks stunningly beautiful . Did you already take it to the track?

You'll see Rennteam is very international and immensely useful thanks to its truly passionate and knowledgeable members.

Phil996

Hi fanch,
    Truly, it is too stiff for roads. Pretty good for motorway. I have not use it yet on track ('coz my tires are "news").
    I don't order it, it was a demonstration car. I bought it with only 6500 kms.

> Carlos : Thanx.
    > Dr. Carrera : Salut Phil, vous ici?
    C.U
    HHH

Bonjour Harold, beautiful baby you have there! wow!
    -Joost-

Very nice car thanks for sharing with us

Harold,
    Since you are in France, how did you find the car?
    Did you search it on the internet or is there a list somewhere of available factory cars?
    Sorry about the stiff ride Get a pillow!!!

Very nice carrera Harold!!! ..
    Those sport quad exhaust pipes, look excellent..!!

Hey Harold, what are you doing here ? Somebody already told you we are not on club911.net !
    Anyway, from another french guy, congrats (again...) !
    I see you haven't change your wheels for 19" (that man is crazy).
    How is your back by the way ? Still got one ?

Très belle voiture. La couleur exterieure est géniale.
    I like cars that are customed with good taste. Yours is.

really nice
    i love it
    i agree with carlos about wheels
    alu interior looks great; congrats and enjoy it

ohhhh, how i like 996

greets

Thanx to everybody.
    > Fanch : I found it with porsche.de. If you want to select factory cars select area DE-70435 (it's the zip code of the factory ).
    > MarcF : My girlfriend said:"Do you prefer to see me in your porsche or driving alone with 19" wheels?". My back, what is it????
    A+
    HHH

Quote:
    Harold said:
    Thanx to everybody.
    > Fanch : I found it with porsche.de. If you want to select factory cars select area DE-70435 (it's the zip code of the factory ).
    > MarcF : My girlfriend said:"Do you prefer to see me in your porsche or driving alone with 19" wheels?". My back, what is it????
    A+
    HHH

Harold,
    Thanks for the tip.
    When he says your back, he means: "ton dos"
    As in, the ride is so stiff, your back will desintegrate within a few kilometers in city streets

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    your back will desintegrate within a few kilometers in city streets

If you worry for someone young like Harold, I can see that you are getting old mon cher François!

Harold, trés belle voiture, j'adore la coleur avec l'aerokit et les jantes peintes! Felicitations! Tu habite où dans le sud de la France?

Quote:
    Captain Bady said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    your back will desintegrate within a few kilometers in city streets

If you worry for someone young like Harold, I can see that you are getting old mon cher François!

He did say himself that the ride was stiff!
    You're so mean to me!

To be perectly honest, two summers ago, when I did my trip to Italy, after 7,000 km in 10 days in my 996, my back wasn't in the best of shape
    Add to that a little discal back problem I've had since my rugby days and then you understand why I should be the one driving with a pillow
    Actually, I did use for a while one of those support belt around my lower back, didn't help much to be honest.

Quote:
    Fanch said:

He did say himself that the ride was stiff!
    You're so mean to me!

To be perectly honest, two summers ago, when I did my trip to Italy, after 7,000 km in 10 days in my 996, my back wasn't in the best of shape
    Add to that a little discal back problem I've had since my rugby days and then you understand why I should be the one driving with a pillow
    Actually, I did use for a while one of those support belt around my lower back, didn't help much to be honest.

Mais non...je rigolais

Well, 7000km in 10 days is pretty good!
    It depends really on what kind of roads you drive. If you drive in moutain roads you get tired easier but at the end of the day you are so happy that you compensate the pain!
    If it is boring motorway...well...I can perfectly understand. I personally get bored and feel my back getting tired in 2-3 hours!

I know what is the back, Fanch. I don't matter, I'm just 29yo
    >Captain Bady : Not so far, Avignon!!! Superbe GT3 que tu as là...
    A+.
    HHH

Quote:
    Fanch said:

Francois, that shouldn't help much I'm afraid. The most important part in long drives is the proper alignment of the lumbar spine when seated in the car. The elemental part is to maintain the lumbar vertebrae in their natural lordosis while seated, which is the foward saggital curve your lower back has. This curve is very important for the proper distribution of loads between the posterior joints and intervertebral disc of the lumbar vertebrae, also decreases intradiscal pressure and allows for the maximun axial loading capacity and shock dissipation of the lumbars.

Becuase the seats in the cars are placed low on the floor unlike a normal chair which is higher, and becuase your legs are elevated with respect to the seat to control the pedals, you tend to sit more laid backwards and combined with the pull from the hamstring muscles tends to place the pelvis into flexion which in turn flexes the lumbars (removes the lordosis). This hypolordotic posture added to the fact that the car vibrates and bounces on the road irregularities transmits those forces to the spine and causes microtrauma of the joints and fatigue of the stabilising muscles and associated conective tissues leading to injury. A more correct sitting posture greatly reduces this since the spinal joints are in a more mechanically efficient relation to deal with this.

First adjust lumbar support to the maximum setting (the more it sticks out the better in orther to "push" the curve into the spine and not allow the lower back to flex). If the seat does not have an adjustable lumbar support you can buy a lumbar pillow designed for car seats which work very well (very often better than the lumbar support incorporated into the seats).
    Then raise the seat as high as posible and tilt the seat bottom foward (in a descending plane fowards) in order to decrease the flexion of the thighs at the hip and reduce the hamstring tension (this is why SUV, vans and truck are more confortable for lowback problems since you sit "higher" than on cars).
    Then bring the backrest to a vertical position or close to it, it doesn't have to be 90* but as upright as you confortably can.
    And lastly, the greater lateral suppport the seats have the better since the trunk is more stabilised in the curves and lateral G's therefore reducing the work and fatigue the paraspinal musculature has to do to stabilise the trunk, so the adaptive seats car makers are coming out now (like the M3 or 997) are recommended for this since you can adjust the lateral support for your particular upperbody frame.

Hope this helps

Re: Dr. Backfixxen is in the house!

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    ... The elemental part is to maintain the lumbar vertebrae in their natural lordosis while seated, which is the foward saggital curve your lower back has. This curve is very important for the proper distribution of loads between the posterior joints and intervertebral disc of the lumbar vertebrae, also decreases intradiscal pressure and allows for the maximun axial loading capacity and shock dissipation of the lumbars. ...

Wow, Carlos.

This is the most informative lecture course on back fatigue I have ever had the pleasure to attend.

Thanks so much for you insights. You should publish this treatise more widely.

Re: Dr. Backfixxen is in the house!

Thanks Mike its my line of work after all

(and I actually did kind of I wrote a book in spanish for lay people like my patients about the diverse neuromusculoskeletal lessions of the spine, its causes, prevention and conservative treatment options for their information since there isn't much about this in Spain or spanish and its very important IMO to have it and a good service.)

So any questions about this subject in the forum anyone has and I can help with I'd be glad to chip in and post my two cents

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:

Francois, that shouldn't help much I'm afraid. The most important part in long drives is the proper alignment of the lumbar spine when seated in the car. The elemental part is to maintain the lumbar vertebrae in their natural lordosis while seated, which is the foward saggital curve your lower back has. This curve is very important for the proper distribution of loads between the posterior joints and intervertebral disc of the lumbar vertebrae, also decreases intradiscal pressure and allows for the maximun axial loading capacity and shock dissipation of the lumbars.

Becuase the seats in the cars are placed low on the floor unlike a normal chair which is higher, and becuase your legs are elevated with respect to the seat to control the pedals, you tend to sit more laid backwards and combined with the pull from the hamstring muscles tends to place the pelvis into flexion which in turn flexes the lumbars (removes the lordosis). This hypolordotic posture added to the fact that the car vibrates and bounces on the road irregularities transmits those forces to the spine and causes microtrauma of the joints and fatigue of the stabilising muscles and associated conective tissues leading to injury. A more correct sitting posture greatly reduces this since the spinal joints are in a more mechanically efficient relation to deal with this.

First adjust lumbar support to the maximum setting (the more it sticks out the better in orther to "push" the curve into the spine and not allow the lower back to flex). If the seat does not have an adjustable lumbar support you can buy a lumbar pillow designed for car seats which work very well (very often better than the lumbar support incorporated into the seats).
    Then raise the seat as high as posible and tilt the seat bottom foward (in a descending plane fowards) in order to decrease the flexion of the thighs at the hip and reduce the hamstring tension (this is why SUV, vans and truck are more confortable for lowback problems since you sit "higher" than on cars).
    Then bring the backrest to a vertical position or close to it, it doesn't have to be 90* but as upright as you confortably can.
    And lastly, the greater lateral suppport the seats have the better since the trunk is more stabilised in the curves and lateral G's therefore reducing the work and fatigue the paraspinal musculature has to do to stabilise the trunk, so the adaptive seats car makers are coming out now (like the M3 or 997) are recommended for this since you can adjust the lateral support for your particular upperbody frame.

Hope this helps

Gracias Carlito!
    It took me a while to translate all that into english but I got the message.
    I saw a few Chiriopractors (spelling?) who helped a bit but not a great deal.
    I actually use some sort of mini pillow sometime, as I don't have lumbar support in my seats and it helps a great deal.
    Next seats will definitely be Sport adaptative seats, that's for sure.
    I'll try your advice this weekend of putting the seat in its highest position, although I won't be able to tilt it forward (I have the basic seats with three adjustments only, height, longitudinal and backrest).
    I drive with backrest as vertical as possible as this is how I've been taught to optimise sporty driving and faily close to the steering wheel too.

Not sure I'll like the high seating position as I like seating low, but if it's good for my back...

Thanks a lot anyway mate!

Fanch, my personal advice, find a Palmer grad (US) if you can if anyone can help, its your best bet. (the chiros should have already addressed this issue BTW in their pre-treatment report of findings with you after asking and learning about it in their initial history exam).

Wow Carlos, Doctor from Spain!!!

HHH

Hi Harold,
    Congrats on your new car and welcome aboard this forum. Your car looks great and I like your painted wheels very much. You made quite a good choice by getting this model. Now have fun and enjoy it! Most of all, be good and be safe.

nice car and welcome.

Apparently.. your`re vaccum cleaner seams to be broken

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781110 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442618 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263374 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261692 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85838 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5918 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881458 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819007 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM