Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Trackhawk

Well, for those who missed it...this is my new daily driver, my wife is “taking over” the GLC63 S.

I actually had another year in the GLC but I had to take this Trackhawk, it was basically at a dealership just five minutes away from me, brand-new official German(!) car, not many of these around, most Trackhawk in Europe are grey imports.

More to come once I pick it up, stay tuned.

0227D52E-6ABA-4E3E-9A91-FAAA2D4BB4CA.png

This is my actual car... 😎

FA9E8C6A-DAD4-4B09-9FBC-F72A54E1BCDF.png

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Re: Trackhawk

A friend of mine traded his SRT in for a Trackhawk. He loves it, and I'm sure you will too. It's a beast. kiss

2A38C697-9836-4EBD-AA8C-6A3571481E3F.jpeg
    A943AAF1-E3A2-4C6F-910B-2B11C736525D.jpeg
    CC468D20-433D-437A-828C-628A140D383D.jpegJoeRockhead:

A friend of mine traded his SRT in for a Trackhawk. He loves it, and I'm sure you will too. It's a beast. kiss

Thank you, I truly hope so. 😎

I wanted a G63, wife even considered getting the Urus (she hates the G class). Then we both realized that it is kind of insane to pay so much money for a daily driver and occasional family car. We wanted to stick to the GLC63 S but it is just too small, even if it is a very nimble little SUV, easy to park around the city as well. The lack of luggage space and the fact that my son hates it to drive in the back because it is not comfortable for him (he is over 1.90 m), made us rethink the GLC.

It was just a coincidence: Me and my son went to a local Alfa Romeo/Jeep dealer to check out a car he was interested in (as a possibility once he has his driver’s license) and I stumbled upon this Trackhawk, unsold since July 2020 (latest German market model though). I played the dealer like a fiddle 😂, he wanted to get rid of this car and the offer is really excellent. Best part: Dealer is only 5 minutes from my place and if I’m not happy with him, I have my former SRT dealer who also tunes these cars for years and knows them very well. It may not be a G63 or a Urus but for the money I pay, it just doesn’t matter. One of the last dinosaurs...I just love it. 🤗

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

RC:

Well, for those who missed it...this is my new daily driver, my wife is “taking over” the GLC63 S.

I actually had another year in the GLC but I had to take this Trackhawk, it was basically at a dealership just five minutes away from me, brand-new official German(!) car, not many of these around, most Trackhawk in Europe are grey imports.

More to come once I pick it up, stay tuned.

0227D52E-6ABA-4E3E-9A91-FAAA2D4BB4CA.png

This is my actual car... 😎

FA9E8C6A-DAD4-4B09-9FBC-F72A54E1BCDF.png

Looks really mean! Smiley

Enjoy in good health.

Are you planing in tuning it?

Congrats Christian  kiss

Congrats RCwink

Thank you, guys. I know, I know...not a sports car, not a luxury SUV but I think I get my money's worth. indecision

--

Congrats, it's not a bad at all looking SUV either kiss

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Enjoy!

--

991 Carrera Black Edition, X3 Black\Black - 2 kids, 1 dog

A monster SUV kiss

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

A monster SUV kiss

That was the point. Smiley Smiley

I was thinking for a while about an EV, didn't know what to get...Tesla 3 Performance, Tesla S Plain or even a Taycan Turbo (Turbo S too expensive) but then it came to me: I do not like EVs. Not yet. At all. I liked the Taycan Turbo S but this doesn't mean I would get one. I will be forced to get an EV at some point, so why rush things? Nope.

--

Congrats - could you give us please some rough details about the leasing-rate...smiley.

Blueflame

blueflame:

Congrats - could you give us please some rough details about the leasing-rate...smiley.

Blueflame

Smiley Smiley 

1k per month, 48 months, 10k km per year, no down payment, additional OEM winter wheels with Pirelli Scorpion Winter included in price. Car has 48 months full official German Jeep warranty, no grey import.

Car is worth 132k EUR, special price 94k EUR (from 113k first...). Smiley Again: Official German car, no grey import. The difference lies in the details (cooling system is slightly different, chassis setup, also entertainment/navigation with EU software, 48 months official factory warranty).

All numbers incl. VAT (lease rate doesn't go up in January when the VAT goes back from 16 to 19%), we established 1k EUR per month gross.

Dealer is only 5 minutes away, which for me is a huge plus (old SRT dealer was 80 km away, two-way, it took me always an hour to get there and back home).

Now you know everything. Smiley Smiley

--

Congratulations!

This SUV suits you very much. Are these EU versions made in the USA or elsewhere?

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

reginos:

Congratulations!

This SUV suits you very much. Are these EU versions made in the USA or elsewhere?

Thank you. I do not know if it suits me but it definitely is something else than a G63 or Urus. Smiley

Yes, made in the USA but specifically for the EU market. Many grey imports available here though, which need to be adapted and lack a few (technical) improvements for the EU market. Also, these grey imports usually only have a 24 months warranty which is not even close to the factory warranty. Similar to the Corvette and Camaro models for the EU market (different brand though of course).

--

Congrats! wink

That is a hairy chest SUV. Respect indecision

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

funny how you somehow always come back to the American muscle.....

enjoy in good health !

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Congrats RC. Nice car. I miss my SRT sometimes.

intouch1:

funny how you somehow always come back to the American muscle.....

enjoy in good health !

Right? Smiley

Honestly, I just didn't have the money for a G63 or Urus, it just didn't make sense for me (financially), so I took the third best thing. Was thinking about a Range Rover Sport SVR, lease was not much more (1.2k EUR) but I always found the Hellcat engine to be very fascinating and I really loved our SRT...when it worked. Smiley (to be honest, I only had issues in the first couple of weeks but after a major software update, the issues were gone). Also, the Range Rover dealer is 50 km away, so...

I was lucky to find this one new Trackhawk, dealer had it since July(!). I think the color didn't help either (manly Trackhawk buyers apparently want darker colors Smiley), dealer really wanted to get rid of the car. I guess I could have squeezed him a little bit more but I felt sorry for the sales guy (seriously).

--

bluelines:

Congrats! wink

That is a hairy chest SUV. Respect indecision

Thank you... Smiley Somehow I need to keep up with you guys, right?! Smiley Smiley

--

tso:

Congrats RC. Nice car. I miss my SRT sometimes.

Thank you. I missed my SRT a lot, it sounded amazing (sport exhaust) and my dealer installed a very nice tune adapted to 100 octane fuel, this thing was flying, throttle response was almost better than on my Performante. Smiley Kids cried when I returned it to the dealer but it moved into good hands...one of my wife's female friends bought it. Smiley

I remember the issues though...battery was completely drained a couple of times, software update fixed it. 

Also, one major software update changed the whole feel of the car, it suddenly became more sports car than SUV, the chassis, the steering, the shifting, everything improved substantially, it was a pretty awesome update. Almost did a supercharger tuning to the truck, my dealer even offered to install a Hellcat engine but now, I am glad I didn't. 

--

An animal, congratulations!

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2020 Mercedes-AMG C63 / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

Congratulations RC, enjoy in good health, looks an interesting and practical choice Smiley

--

Porsche 991/2 Carrera T Jet Black metallic / VW Golf GTI 5dr DSG Tornado Red

Porker:

An animal, congratulations!

Thank you. Smiley

--

dreamcar:

Congratulations RC, enjoy in good health, looks an interesting and practical choice Smiley

Thanks, I hope I do not regret it. Smiley

I am so happy I didn't go for an EV... Smiley

Geiger Munich offers 900 hp with TÜV certification for the Trackhawk but I want to keep the warranty. Smiley

--

RC:
    dreamcar:

Thanks, I hope I do not regret it. Smiley

I am so happy I didn’t go for an EV... Smiley

Geiger Munich offers 900 hp with TÜV certification for the Trackhawk but I want to keep the warranty. Smiley

--

And I’m equally happy we didn’t choose an SUV (either a Macan or more likely a Lexus) in our quest to find comfortable transport for SWMBO!! Smiley Smiley I just need to get the paintwork sorted out properly on the T, if the dealer’s contractor can’t do it I will use a local professional detailer. In fairness they have offered to have the car back for a couple of days to sort it out. Their attention to detail on the car’s handover was pretty poor. Smiley

--

Smiley Trust me, without a proper sports car in the garage, I wouldn't have gone for the Trackhawk either. It is supposed to be a daily driver/winter time monster, nothing more and nothing else. 

--

dreamcar:

And I’m equally happy we didn’t choose an SUV (either a Macan or more likely a Lexus) in our quest to find comfortable transport for SWMBO!! Smiley Smiley I just need to get the paintwork sorted out properly on the T, if the dealer’s contractor can’t do it I will use a local professional detailer. In fairness they have offered to have the car back for a couple of days to sort it out. Their attention to detail on the car’s handover was pretty poor. Smiley

I am sure they will blame it on Covid-19  situation if they haven't already done so. Most probably they are not competent enough in this aspect of delivering a car..

Better choose your own preferred detailer in order to avoid further frustration. If the Dealership are unwilling to cover the bill ask for a free service or something equivalent.

--

reginos:

dreamcar:

I am sure they will blame it on Covid-19  situation if they haven't already done so. Most probably they are not competent enough in this aspect of delivering a car..

Better choose your own preferred detailer in order to avoid further frustration. If the Dealership are unwilling to cover the bill ask for a free service or something equivalent.

--

In fairness the dealer said straight away if I am not happy they will get the work redone, there was no argument or excuses which is a good sign.  Just frustrating with the zero attention to detail in the first place. Maybe I am more fussy than their average customer. Unfortunately both my local Porsche dealers are owned by the same group, Inchcape. The next nearest dealer is 80 miles away, with no guarantee they would be any better

--

dreamcar:
    reginos:

dreamcar:

--

The dealer said straight away if I am not happy they will get the work redone, there was no argument about that. Just frustrating with the zero attention to detail in the first place. Maybe I am more fussy than their average customer. Unfortunately both my local Porsche dealers are owned by the same group, Inchcape. The next nearest dealer is 80 miles away, with no guarantee they would be any better

Probably many others don't care as much, but this is no excuse for substandard work on the Official Dealership's  behalf.

Your car is in Black, a colour that requires immaculate finish with even any minor blemishes showing. Your dissatisfaction is fully justified.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    810278 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    450999 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    268366 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    91367 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    8177 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

889582 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    844136 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM