Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017 model) - Short Review

Conny997:

No, that's a misunderstanding. It's just that businesses can't be open. Privately you can do what ever you want.

Ah OK, that makes sense now, you can't wash your car on a carwash because its closed on sundays, but you can wash your car at home if you want Smiley

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:

Ah OK, that makes sense now, you can't wash your car on a carwash because its closed on sundays, but you can wash your car at home if you want Smiley

BUT

cleaning cars at home is forbitten in most of the parts of Germany. No only sundays, it's forbitten everyday.
    Environment  reasons.......

--

daily: BMW 430d
    for fun: Porsche Boxster GTS

DocMo:

Christian, I will never buy a car from you ;) you use washing brush mail

Actually, I usually use automated car wash but the R8 is too wide for most car wash centers over here.

I never cared about the paint, I care about driving. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

acky:
    Carlos from Spain:

BUT

cleaning cars at home is forbitten in most of the parts of Germany. No only sundays, it's forbitten everyday.

That needs to be qualified a little. Washing cars, as well as other activities which could pollute ground water, is not allowed in water catchment areas unless provision is made on site to separate oil and other contaminants from the waste water. That is, areas where ground water is likely to end up as drinking water sooner, rather than later. 

Cleaning the interior of a car or waxing it after it has been washed at the local car wash are not forbidden. Unless it is Sunday in some areas which still have archaic bylaws, of course ........... Smiley

--

fritz

acky:
    Carlos from Spain:

BUT

--

Exactly. In my region, you would need to have a professional system installed in your canalization to separate oil from the water but of course no private home has such a thing, so...FORBIDDEN. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

SciFrog:

I take all my cars to the local car wash where they uses the auto brushes... It is a car, it is just paint...

Smiley Smiley

--

Itsme:

Although I do not share your political vision I have to say I don't like unions too.

But: Problem here in Bavaria is the Catholic church. Friends who live near Berlin Are laughing about these problems. They are also laughing about those stories Christian told us with his kids and their religion classes in school. But you can believe me they have much bigger problems. As always and as everywhere religious people are the most hypocrite people. 

Very well said. Smiley

And to start a new discussion about racism: we had a black Catholic priest here near Munich and his people made him to go because he was black.

This was a pretty shocking story for me when I heard about it for the very first time. I still don't understand why politicians in Bavaria and the church didn't act on this together but apparently that black priest was pro refugees and nobody wanted to get mixed up with the situation. A real shame... Smiley It is one thing to not agree with refugee politics but being racist and/or threatening people is just not right and unacceptable. No matter the reason!

--

RC:
    acky:
    Carlos from Spain:

BUT

Exactly. In my region, you would need to have a professional system installed in your canalization to separate oil from the water but of course no private home has such a thing, so...FORBIDDEN. 

wow, nanny state at its best sucking the life and freedom out of its citiznens... its just washing a car with soap and water  1325269639981rolleyes.gif

--

Carlos from Spain:
    RC:
    acky:
    Carlos from Spain:

BUT

wow, nanny state at its best sucking the life and freedom out of its citiznens... its just washing a car with soap and water  1325269639981rolleyes.gif

If you wash your car the dirty water is mixed with oil. in the purification/sewage plant (sorry, don't know the the english) the dirty water is often prepared to be reused as drinking water. Oil is one of the biggest problems at this process. Difficult to clean and one drop of oil pollutes a lot of water so that it can't be used as drinking water (there are EU laws ...)

On the other hand, the water which comes out of the water crane is absolutly drinkable and without chlorine in almost all regions.

--

acky:

On the other hand, the water which comes out of the water crane is absolutly drinkable and without chlorine in almost all regions.

Right. And the waiving to wash my car on public ground is a small price for that luxury (maybe not the only)

(ok, i am biased. Living in the city i have no room in front of my appartment to wash my car)

acky:

True. In my town, the drinking water has mineral water quality (probably even better Smiley) but my kids still drink Evian because they are used to the taste since they are little. Smiley

I do not have issues with not being able to wash my car in front of my house but not being able to wash it at a professional car wash, even one without employees, so the church cannot complain that we let people work on Sundays? Oh well... Smiley 

Funny, my wife and me have to work on Sundays when we have emergency services, apparently this is OK for the church. Smiley

We make fun of muslims when it comes to religious weirdnesses but catholics aren't always much better, sorry to say that. Religion and politics don't mix well, I admire Atatürk for realizing that so early. This is valid for every country on this planet, religion has to stay out of anything related to the government, education and law making. Period.

Religion needs to be kept private, within your own walls, family and church/mosque/whatever. We are living in the 21st century for Christ's sake. Smiley

--

this is turning into off-topic of the year indecision

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Itsme:
    Carlos from Spain:
    RC:
    acky:
    Carlos from Spain:

BUT

If you wash your car the dirty water is mixed with oil. in the purification/sewage plant (sorry, don't know the the english) the dirty water is often prepared to be reused as drinking water. Oil is one of the biggest problems at this process. Difficult to clean and one drop of oil pollutes a lot of water so that it can't be used as drinking water (there are EU laws ...)

A concentration of one litre of mineral oil renders a million litres of water undrinkable is the rule-of-thumb I remember being told. 

--

fritz

Itsme:
    acky:

Right. And the waiving to wash my car on public ground is a small price for that luxury (maybe not the only)

(ok, i am biased. Living in the city i have no room in front of my appartment to wash my car)

A factor which hasn't been mentioned is the fact that, due to its geography, Germany is more dependant than many countries on ground water for its drinking water supplies. There are relatively few mountain or high moor areas where rainwater can be collected into reservoirs in relation to the population and industry which have to be served.
    This calls for corresponding measures to make water preparation and distribution as efficient and economic as possible under the given conditions.

--

fritz

intouch1:

Oh well...it happens. Smiley Smiley

--

RC:
    intouch1:

Blame Obama. 

--

fritz

fritz:
    RC:
    intouch1:

Blame Obama. 

Of course, why didn't I think of it? Smiley Smiley

--

OT, but this is what I think will happen sooner or later

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the folks in RC's area are reported missing or drowned in the middle of the ocean, with all the pressure and bs on his back and rumors they spread every time he purchases a new car.

Every now and then he travels to Miami for work, from how things are turning out, I'd say he's taking training sessions at a private forensic lab run by a government agency Back home (at work), he has access to many types of drugs, medicines, syringes/needles and god knows what type of anesthetics he can get a hold of to put his victims to sleep  heart smiley

If it happens, I'd say, the next 'Derek Meinhard' will be born indecision I don't want to go into details and add some gruesome images, but you get the idea if you've watched Dexter.

A fictional story idea, but it's a good start if you want that change to happen

Back to the R8 , in Strawberry Blood Red kiss

its called "Dynamite Red" and is my favorite color.kiss 

--

Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW Grand Coupe 650i xDrive

Itsme:
    Carlos from Spain:
    RC:
    acky:
    Carlos from Spain:

BUT

Don't buy it, cars do not sweat oil, you are washing the dirt that was already on the ground that got on your car or from rain that would fall on the ground too, all you are adding a few squirts of soap. The other EU countries do not have such law and have no problems with drinking water. Furthermore carwashes here dont even separate oil from water and there is no problem. Here in the summer house I have two wells, one is a traditional one, and the other a narrow deep bored one, both tap into different strata and I test the water every year and its pure as store water and no clorine either. Again no problem.

Dumping engine oil on the ground, cooking oil down the drain, etc thats a different story, but washing your car? I call BS from who ever lobbied to get that law approved... probably the carwash industry LOL or your run of the mill treehugger institute who's members only use bicicles Smiley

That said I dont drink tap water anyware (nor here nor in the city), just use it for the running water in the house and for the pool, but thats because I drink only spring water because I like a certain taste.

--

If y're running a Diesel car (48% of all cars in Germany are Diesel) the side with the filler cap is very often polluted with oil.

--

Kind regards, Conny 

Carlos, I fully agree...when it rains, the water goes into the canalization system and this has the same effect as washing the car in front of your house. There are special shampoos and cleaning stuff which is environmental friendly but it is not permitted and thats it. The problem is that if you wash the car, the neighbors see you and ten minutes later, depending on who sees you, the police is in front of your house.

I had a similar experience with mowing my garden, a professional gardener mowed the grass on Saturday morning at 9 am and shortly after, the police was at my house. Luckily, the professional gardener is allowed to mow the grass at 9 am but if I would have done it, it would have been illegal. 

No, you don't need to understand these laws but politicians surely have a lot of fun creating them. Also, people seem to agree, the neighbors are sticklers for order. angry

It may sound worse than the neighborhood actually feels alike but you need to follow the rules. yes

--

Conny997:

its called "Dynamite Red" and is my favorite color.kiss 

One of the best colors for the R8, I agree (there is that other red I do not like that much...). Smiley

Saw a grey met. new R8 last weekend, looked also nice...

--

RC:

... I had a similar experience with mowing my garden, a professional gardener mowed the grass on Saturday morning at 9 am and shortly after, the police was at my house. Luckily, the professional gardener is allowed to mow the grass at 9 am but if I would have done it, it would have been illegal. ...

Ok, this is way weirder than the unattended car wash being closed on Sunday. 

The other red is called "Tango Red" and is with metallic finish. Tango Red is near by the former color of the 458 Ferrari (one of the red tones). Personally I would prefer Dynamite Red as well, but.......Smiley

Here for comparison. (sorry for poor quality they are screenshots from vids.)

Dynamite Red
    IMG_1232.PNG

Tango Red

IMG_1231.PNG

--

Kind regards, Conny 

RC:

I had a similar experience with mowing my garden, a professional gardener mowed the grass on Saturday morning at 9 am and shortly after, the police was at my house. Luckily, the professional gardener is allowed to mow the grass at 9 am but if I would have done it, it would have been illegal. 

wow! Smiley does the goverment also regulate when you can have sex?... then again maybe thats your neighboors' problem (lack of) and why they are so anal and have nothing else to do than to worry about what you are doingSmiley

--

Carlos from Spain:

wow! Smiley does the goverment also regulate when you can have sex?...

They can have sex any time, 6 am Monday - 11 pm Saturday, as long as it is limited to 78 dB. On Sundays, you can only have sex with a professional.

apias:
    Carlos from Spain:

wow! Smiley does the goverment also regulate when you can have sex?...

They can have sex any time, 6 am Monday - 11 pm Saturday, as long as it is limited to 78 dB. On Sundays, you can only have sex with a professional.

Smiley Smiley

Don't worry, this is something we can still manage to do at our own discretion without involving the neighbors (as long as we keep the windows closed... Smiley Smiley).

--

I should mention it again...I updated my short review with new stuff (first post in this thread)...UPDATE (July 4th 2016).

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    804291 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448791 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266466 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90198 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6809 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886202 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834777 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM