Itsme:
Carlos from Spain:
RC:
acky:
Carlos from Spain:

Ah OK, that makes sense now, you can't wash your car on a carwash because its closed on sundays, but you can wash your car at home if you want Smiley

BUT

cleaning cars at home is forbitten in most of the parts of Germany. No only sundays, it's forbitten everyday.
Environment  reasons.......

Exactly. In my region, you would need to have a professional system installed in your canalization to separate oil from the water but of course no private home has such a thing, so...FORBIDDEN. 

wow, nanny state at its best sucking the life and freedom out of its citiznens... its just washing a car with soap and water  1325269639981rolleyes.gif

If you wash your car the dirty water is mixed with oil. in the purification/sewage plant (sorry, don't know the the english) the dirty water is often prepared to be reused as drinking water. Oil is one of the biggest problems at this process. Difficult to clean and one drop of oil pollutes a lot of water so that it can't be used as drinking water (there are EU laws ...)

Don't buy it, cars do not sweat oil, you are washing the dirt that was already on the ground that got on your car or from rain that would fall on the ground too, all you are adding a few squirts of soap. The other EU countries do not have such law and have no problems with drinking water. Furthermore carwashes here dont even separate oil from water and there is no problem. Here in the summer house I have two wells, one is a traditional one, and the other a narrow deep bored one, both tap into different strata and I test the water every year and its pure as store water and no clorine either. Again no problem.

Dumping engine oil on the ground, cooking oil down the drain, etc thats a different story, but washing your car? I call BS from who ever lobbied to get that law approved... probably the carwash industry LOL or your run of the mill treehugger institute who's members only use bicicles Smiley

That said I dont drink tap water anyware (nor here nor in the city), just use it for the running water in the house and for the pool, but thats because I drink only spring water because I like a certain taste.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS