Crown

Board: McLaren Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: something new ......

Maga wink

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

2018 McLaren 720S 

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN sold to a worthy enthusiast.

schmoell:

Fingers crossed that you will get it registered 

Right now basically impossible. Smiley

Bad luck I guess, in BW, he could at least drive around and enjoy it.

In Bavaria, even this is not permitted. A guy I know well drove in his AMG GT Roadster last weekend and got a full Coke light can thrown into his (open top) car at a stop light. A young woman was yelling at him to stay at home. Smiley He was actually driving to his office because he forgot his laptop.

After this incident, I decided to leave the Lambo at home, I just drive with my GLC but not really for fun right now.

A friend of mine was with his girlfriend on their motorbikes on their way to the Alps last weekend and they got stopped by the police and had to return home (no ticket though). They wanted to hike in the Alps but I guess this wasn't the most intelligent idea. Smiley

People still don't know what is allowed and what isn't, big problem. In Bavaria, you are allowed to ride around on your bicycle for fun but you are not permitted to drive around in your car for fun. Smiley Smiley Doesn't make much sense, does it?!

Germany doesn't even have the legal ground for a total curfew, probably the reason why they planned but never implemented it. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

I mostly take the RS for shopping these days and try to not choose the closest supermarket :)

schmoell:

I mostly take the RS for shopping these days and try to not choose the closest supermarket :)

Smiley Smiley Be careful, people are nuts nowadays when they see license plates from "outside" the region. 

A Porsche is probably less of a problem than something exotic but the GT3 RS isn't exactly stealth. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

schmoell:

Hey, that’s my action. Smiley

It’s a great time to drive. Roads are empty and police no where to be found. Smiley

--

When you're going through hell.....keep going.

nberry:
    schmoell:

It’s a great time to drive. Roads are empty and police no where to be found. Smiley

--

When you're going through hell.....keep going.

In the US maybe... In Bavaria, police is much more present on the roads than before but they usually don't stop you. Unfortunately driving around for "fun" is forbidden here, only god knows why. Smiley

--

schmoell:

Yes, likewise.... that would be tougher than a mid winter delivery, to have lovely, drivable spring conditions but be in checkmate.... Smiley

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

nberry:
    schmoell:

as an additional benefit you can't transport a lot of stuff in that car and have to drive multiple times. I guess that this is even worse in the 720 Smiley

schmoell:

The roads are very lightly travelled.

1585854462506imageproxy.php.jpeg

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

schmoell:
    nberry:
    schmoell:

as an additional benefit you can't transport a lot of stuff in that car and have to drive multiple times. I guess that this is even worse in the 720 Smiley

The front trunk is little larger than yours. The spider has a large storage space under the roof compartment in the back - about 120 liters or so - but only for soft items as toilet paper 😏

--

AM

RC:
    schmoell:

Right now basically impossible. Smiley

Bad luck I guess, in BW, he could at least drive around and enjoy it.

In Bavaria, even this is not permitted. A guy I know well drove in his AMG GT Roadster last weekend and got a full Coke light can thrown into his (open top) car at a stop light. A young woman was yelling at him to stay at home. Smiley He was actually driving to his office because he forgot his laptop.

After this incident, I decided to leave the Lambo at home, I just drive with my GLC but not really for fun right now.

A friend of mine was with his girlfriend on their motorbikes on their way to the Alps last weekend and they got stopped by the police and had to return home (no ticket though). They wanted to hike in the Alps but I guess this wasn't the most intelligent idea. Smiley

People still don't know what is allowed and what isn't, big problem. In Bavaria, you are allowed to ride around on your bicycle for fun but you are not permitted to drive around in your car for fun. Smiley Smiley Doesn't make much sense, does it?!

Germany doesn't even have the legal ground for a total curfew, probably the reason why they planned but never implemented it. 

--

I did have an arrangement on Monday but heard today that Xpel needs a day more so my car will be registered an Tuesday. 

--

AM

Btw here in BW nobody attacks you in a sports car- it is neither forbidden to drive. Maybe we are less conservative.

--

AM

ALDO:

Btw here in BW nobody attacks you in a sports car- it is neither forbidden to drive. Maybe we are less conservative.

Bavarian specialty... Smiley Makes no sense though, you cannot infect anyone while driving. I guess they just want to keep people at home, which is understandable but whenever it is nice weather, the roads are packed and so are the parks. Smiley

Meanwhile in my garage... Smiley Car has summer tires and fresh inspection (was able to get this done one day before my Lambo dealer closed) but I cannot drive it. 

IMG_4498.jpg

--

How is the Lambo battery with not being driven? More Ferrari-like, or more Audi-like?

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Porker:

How is the Lambo battery with not being driven? More Ferrari-like, or more Audi-like?

Good point. I'd say more like Audi-like, I left the car once untouched for six weeks and it still started immediately without any issues.

This thing is an Audi reliability-wise, there is no doubt about it. Smiley

I already have 10500 km and the car had no issues so far, thank god. Smiley

Pic taken shortly before pickup, one day before my Lambo dealer closed (only repair shop is open). Smiley

1585908994417pickup.jpg

--

kiss Fantastic cars for sure, and good value now.

--

Porker:
    schmoell:

The roads are very lightly travelled.

1585854462506imageproxy.php.jpeg

That average speed for that many km will be hard to beat !! I guess you became excellent at fuel pit stops ! Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

ALDO : Your car is beautiful . I hope you managed to get  it registered . 

--

Gnil:

hold the finger crossed for Tuesday 

--

AM

ALDO:
    Gnil:

hold the finger crossed for Tuesday 

Smiley (sorry, no finger crossing smiley)

--

@Gnil, promised myself to consider this 'as good as it gets'. It's been fun, and I'm in one piece, let's keep it that way. I'm sure there's a nasty 'flash' coming my way still. Smiley

@Aldo congrats on the car! Impressive spec. Have they said anything on the 765LT, have they sold as hoped without the Geneva show?

--

RC:
    ALDO:

Bavarian specialty... Smiley Makes no sense though, you cannot infect anyone while driving. I guess they just want to keep people at home, which is understandable but whenever it is nice weather, the roads are packed and so are the parks. Smiley

Meanwhile in my garage... Smiley Car has summer tires and fresh inspection (was able to get this done one day before my Lambo dealer closed) but I cannot drive it. 

IMG_4498.jpg

--

The trickle charger I got doesn't have such a long cable. What about your other cars?

Porker:

did it go down in Europe? Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    Porker:

Haven't followed them, but they're advertised from 240k CHF in Switzerland. I'm pretty sure post-Covid you can pick one up around 200-220k CHF. That's the price of a C2S for a full blown supercar with low mileage, sounds good value to me. Smiley

--

I drive the other cars, our jobs are part of the critical infrastructure here, I can move freely, so does my wife.

The only reason I do not drive the Lambo is provocation, people are worried sick right now, not only about the virus but also their financial future, so I keep it on the down-low, it is better this way. For now.

--

Porker:
    the-missile:
    Porker:

Haven't followed them, but they're advertised from 240k CHF in Switzerland. I'm pretty sure post-Covid you can pick one up around 200-220k CHF. That's the price of a C2S for a full blown supercar with low mileage, sounds good value to me. Smiley

Covid is like special discount for easter season SmileySmiley

200K-220K CHF is indeed a very decent value. Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

If people could only drive them without worrying... Smiley

A group of friends in their cars (four) was caught yesterday with their cars near the Alps, a police control post stopped them. In Bavaria, cruising around for fun is forbidden (actually, it was never really allowed due to environmental issues but nobody cared), motorcycles should be left at home as a police recommendation. 

They didn't get a ticket, they were lucky but one of the police officers told them that their driving could be viewed as a provocation, especially since they have license plates from a different region in Bavaria. The other police officer told them that a car with Munich license plates was sprayed on with Graffiti at night because people thought he was there for a visit (in reality, that guy moved to the region a few months ago and didn't get a new license plate yet). "Die Nerven liegen blank..." (people are jumpy) they told my friends and advised them to leave their cars at home.

I was pretty sure that this is the mentality right now, I know why I don't cruise around in the Lambo and why I didn't join them this weekend. Smiley Weather was so nice though... Smiley

I know it makes no sense since you cannot infect anyone or get infected but I guess this is a very emotional situation.

--

Everyone should be looking for a way to take part in the economy without spreading the virus. Driving around at night has allowed me some sanity and it does not hurt anyone. Of course if an accident is caused and emergency workers are called it does become dangerous.  Tough call. 

Leawood911:

Everyone should be looking for a way to take part in the economy without spreading the virus. Driving around at night has allowed me some sanity and it does not hurt anyone. Of course if an accident is caused and emergency workers are called it does become dangerous.  Tough call. 

This is why they asked bikers in Bavaria to leave their motorcycle at home for now. 

--

RC:
    Leawood911:

This is why they asked bikers in Bavaria to leave their motorcycle at home for now. 

Same recommendation here ... but only a recommendation , it is not mandatory . I took my Harley out yesterday for a little ride . I havent' seen so many motorbikes out in ages . They were all over the small roads in the country side . Also every owner of a cab must of taken it out , so many around too . And the same for any old car , collector car, sports car   .....  People  needed to go out ' safely ' and have some pleasure . Driving around in your  '' special '' car or bike was a good way to do it . Also which 20 degrees, it was hard not to . 

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    807630 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449838 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    267271 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90594 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    7439 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

887797 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    836546 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM