Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 996 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

I'm mad as hell and I'm going to do something about it

Did you buy your GT2 or PCCB equipped GT3 or TT in reliance on the Factory's/ PCNA's longevity claims and with the intention of tracking your vehicle? If so, you have a cause of action against Porsche A.G. and PCNA for their deceit. The damages to which you should be entitled comprise your cost of the PCCB's, the cost of switching to the standard cast iron disc system, reasonable compensation for lost track time, and, possibly, punitive damages, to punish Porsche A.G. and PCNA for their lies.
    If you are one of Porsche's PCCB casualties, send me an E-mail at the address noted below . I am organizing my fellow victims to pursue our claims together, through a single attorney whom we will retain together.
    Our causes of action are not grounded in contract, but rather in tort. You don't have to have purchased your PCCB-equipped Porsche in the U.S.A., or to have purchased it new, to pursue you claim successfully. Rather, you just have to have relied to your detriment on Porsche's bullshit.
    Please let me hear from you.
    Richard A. Bain.
    rabain@rogers.com

Re: I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT

wow a man with a mission

Hey Guykoken,

Are you really sure your location is Toronto? because I, a European with some 'North America' experiance, always thought that such excessive (just my personal view) use of the legal system was more a US then a Canadian 'thing'?

Gregor

Richard, this is the last time I ask you to declare who you are, if you're an owner who had trouble with the PCCB or if you're an attorney who just wants to find customers for a case. This is definetely the last time I ask, 24 hours later your account will be deleted!

RC, while I agree the tone makes it sound a bit silly, it does read like he is an owner. Understand why you want to confirm that. As the previous poster pointed out, no-one would willingly start legal action in Canada along these lines - it could only happen in the US!

class action lawsuit... yummy

RC, before you hit the 'ban' button, have a look at this: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=154246

--Pierre

Quote:
    pierre said:
    RC, before you hit the 'ban' button, have a look at this: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=154246

--Pierre

Interesting thread but this still doesn't answer who this Richard A. Brain is. I can see a 993 Carrera S as his avatar but he doesn't mention what car he is driving.
    If he's a private person who wants to find people for a lawsuit, that's fine with me, he can do that.
    I just don't want any adverisement for an attorney who wants to earn himself a living with such a lawsuit, don't get me wrong.

It is also interesting that somebody mentions that Ferrari warrants their ceramic brake for the track. May I doubt it? To my knowledge, ALL car manufacturers worldwide void the warranty if the car is track raced. Only exception with a few manufacturers: professional driver ed events.

I never liked the PCCB too much because I always heard bad stories about it in the past. I testdrove a GT2 with PCCB and I wasn't impressed either. But the PCCB used on the 997 made me a believer, apparently Porsche has substantially improved it. And now I own it on my car and all I can say is: WOW. But of course I didn't seriously track race my car til now but if I do, I don't expect it to last forever.
    According to a source, the PCCB discs last around three times as much as the standard steel brake when driven very hard. Sounds reasonable to me.

Why would Porsche provide a warranty for a street car which is track raced and not for a race car? Doesn't make sense. No, not even the race cars have a warranty.

I wish these guys good luck but I don't see many chances to win such a lawsuit. But I also understand the frustration of buying a GT2 with PCCB and watching the brake desintegrate after a few hot rounds.

I am the owner of a PCCB equipped GT3. I am a lawyer, but not a litigator, practising in Toronto, who has taken the lead in organizing PCCB victims like me to join together as a group to sue Porsche A.G. and PCNA in the USA through a single attorney, as yet unidentified, whom we will together retain for that purpose. It won't be a class action, since to recover damages, each plaintiff must prove that he relied on Porsche's lies about the longevity of the ceramic discs in purchasing his PCCBer.I have nothing to gain by organizing the group except a reduction of the costs of the suit, since there is almost no marginal cost to adding more plaintiffs at the commencement of the action, so the more plaintiffs there are, the less it will cost per plaintiff. So far, eight other victims have said they're in, and three more are mulling it over. I NEED MORE PLAINTIFFS! Please pass the word.

Richard A. Bain

Quote:
    Guykoken said:
    I am the owner of a PCCB equipped GT3.

And you're stating that you have problems too with your PCCB. Now we're at peace again. Good luck, you'll need it.

Quote:
    Guykoken said:
    I am the owner of a PCCB equipped GT3. I am a lawyer, but not a litigator, practising in Toronto, who has taken the lead in organizing PCCB victims like me to join together as a group to sue Porsche A.G. and PCNA in the USA through a single attorney, as yet unidentified, whom we will together retain for that purpose. It won't be a class action, since to recover damages, each plaintiff must prove that he relied on Porsche's lies about the longevity of the ceramic discs in purchasing his PCCBer.I have nothing to gain by organizing the group except a reduction of the costs of the suit, since there is almost no marginal cost to adding more plaintiffs at the commencement of the action, so the more plaintiffs there are, the less it will cost per plaintiff. So far, eight other victims have said they're in, and three more are mulling it over. I NEED MORE PLAINTIFFS! Please pass the word.

Richard A. Bain

Good luck Richard. It's one thing to not warrantee the PCCB. It's quite another to offer a system that fails sooner under race conditions and costs much more to repair than steel brakes. I always thought that despite being an expensive marque, Porsche represented some value for your track days because the cars were robust and engineered well so they wouldn't break on you. So running costs should be less than any street legal car that offers comparable performance. PCCB seems to go against this value. Brakes and tires are consumables for the track and the costs associated with each of them should be minimized without effecting performance.

Of course but it is one thing to say that Porsche has broken its emotional covenant with owners (whjich seems clear). Another to say that they are legally liable. Their disclaimers against warranting track use would seem to be pretty straightforward (whether you like them or not).

I purchased my GT3 on 08/19/03 with PCCB. Less than 400 miles on the PCCBs, they started to crack. Several Chicago land dealers said that was normal, including the Regional Porsche Tech. At about 1500 miles my upper strut bearings started to fail and several pieces in the dash never fit correctly causing all sorts of noises. I became very disappointed in the support of the GT3 and the problems with the car that I traded it in and picked up another M3, instead on purchasing a GT3 Cup car to go race in Speed World Challenge I had a BMW built and raced it this year in SWC, when it came time to do something with our X5 where did we stay, with BMW. Knowing that the PCCBs where failing yet being lied to by dealerships and the Regional Porsche Tech, they lost me as a customer for both the street and the track. So does Porsche care about winning my trust back for future purchases, who knows, but I will leave the door open to them and I'll wait and see if they take the initiative.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776672 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441505 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262671 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260803 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85082 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5494 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880516 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815639 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM