Quote:
pierre said:
RC, before you hit the 'ban' button, have a look at this: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=154246

--Pierre

Interesting thread but this still doesn't answer who this Richard A. Brain is. I can see a 993 Carrera S as his avatar but he doesn't mention what car he is driving.
If he's a private person who wants to find people for a lawsuit, that's fine with me, he can do that.
I just don't want any adverisement for an attorney who wants to earn himself a living with such a lawsuit, don't get me wrong.

It is also interesting that somebody mentions that Ferrari warrants their ceramic brake for the track. May I doubt it? To my knowledge, ALL car manufacturers worldwide void the warranty if the car is track raced. Only exception with a few manufacturers: professional driver ed events.

I never liked the PCCB too much because I always heard bad stories about it in the past. I testdrove a GT2 with PCCB and I wasn't impressed either. But the PCCB used on the 997 made me a believer, apparently Porsche has substantially improved it. And now I own it on my car and all I can say is: WOW. But of course I didn't seriously track race my car til now but if I do, I don't expect it to last forever.
According to a source, the PCCB discs last around three times as much as the standard steel brake when driven very hard. Sounds reasonable to me.

Why would Porsche provide a warranty for a street car which is track raced and not for a race car? Doesn't make sense. No, not even the race cars have a warranty.

I wish these guys good luck but I don't see many chances to win such a lawsuit. But I also understand the frustration of buying a GT2 with PCCB and watching the brake desintegrate after a few hot rounds.