OK, a question for those who are way too familiar with Porsche new model roll-outs and timing - very fresh in the minds of all those who have ordered 997.2 models.

When Porsche rolls out a new model line (including facelifts), what is the order of events? Here is what I have taken from watching the recent roll-outs...

Time = 0 New model is approved by company, with full production timing and planning. First date of new production still secret.
Time = 0 to 4 months: dealers continue to take orders for old model - have no official information on new model.
Time = 4 months: dealers given first info. about new model production dates, and at this time stop taking orders for old models.
Time = 4 to 5 months: dealers are not taking orders for any model old or new, as order info. for new model not available to them.
Time = 6 months: dealers receive full new model info, and begin taking orders for new models. Public news release for new model occurs at about this time.
Time = 7 months: factory stops production of old model as all orders filled; after short down time for re-tooling begins production of new model, for which order books are now growing.
Time = 9-10 months: customers receive first deliveries for new models.

My timelines are very much guesstimates, but I am curious to know if this is more or less the new model process?

BTW, my purpose is to understand the likely Cayman FL timing, which should be imminent. But recent experience with the 997.2 roll-out will, I assume, apply to the 987.