Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Had one of those moments last night.

The kind that makes you feel like you're getting old. So here's the deal. Took the F430 out for a spin & when pulling her back in to the garage I see this "P-" symbol button on the center consule. Having never pressed it before I hit it. I dont see anything happen but when I get out of the car TA-DA! Amazing somebody installed these ultra cool looking parking lights on my F430! They look like strips of lights! And I wanted to thank the person for hooking me up w/ such a cool looking feature! LoL! Seriously can you believe I've owned this car for almost 2 yrs & wasnt aware of these lights? Like I said one of those moments.

Re: Had one of those moments last night.

What they look like OFF. I'm still feeling silly never noticing them. I just dont ever recall seeing them on, on any F430. But not noticing them on MY OWN CAR? LoL!

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    The kind that makes you feel like you're getting old. So here's the deal. Took the F430 out for a spin & when pulling her back in to the garage I see this "P-" symbol button on the center consule. Having never pressed it before I hit it. I dont see anything happen but when I get out of the car TA-DA! Amazing somebody installed these ultra cool looking parking lights on my F430! They look like strips of lights! And I wanted to thank the person for hooking me up w/ such a cool looking feature! LoL! Seriously can you believe I've owned this car for almost 2 yrs & wasnt aware of these lights? Like I said one of those moments.

You know what's even funnier? I've had my DD beater for four years and have just now realized what this button does, thanks to your post .

Please re-title to 'Close up pics of F430's front LEDs'

Quote:
    shin said:

You had to edit that? LoL!!

I'm just funnin w/ you. It's too late to edit the original title, sorry. I'll do better next time, promise.

The "P" stands for = "Pretend to be an Audi"

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    shin said:

You had to edit that? LoL!!

LOL

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    The "P" stands for = "Pretend to be an Audi"

Hey, hey, Ferrari was first with these bling-bling-parking-lights.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Amazing somebody installed these ultra cool looking parking lights on my F430! They look like strips of lights! And I wanted to thank the person for hooking me up w/ such a cool looking feature!

BTW Gregg, if you turn the light switch just once to the first notch, you can also drive with these ultra cool looking parking lights!

NOW I know where Audi and Porsche copied them from!!!

Day time running lights! On a Ferrai! Blasphemy!

I got the same button on my 360 but i have to sa that it doesn't look half as cool as the F430!

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Cool story! I like it!!

Sounds like the adventurer had explored some value items....hahaha.

Luckily I noticed that was one of the first features on the F430 the day I got it

I have the same P(with little strips) on my CTT however it is parking distance control. OK completely useless to know but still.......

Talking about not knowing, I had 3 beeps every hr in my X5, drove me bonkers as I couldn't figure out how to switch it off. Should have gone to the dealer as almost half a year later (managed to live with it) I found out that it ment I had a memo open. Turned memo off and the beeps were gone. How annoying.

My dog always step on the switch..... and it isn;t real LEDs...

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Amazing somebody installed these ultra cool looking parking lights on my F430! They look like strips of lights! And I wanted to thank the person for hooking me up w/ such a cool looking feature!

BTW Gregg, if you turn the light switch just once to the first notch, you can also drive with these ultra cool looking parking lights!

Have you tried disconnecting the vaccum lines to the bypass valves? OMG! It's like I have another car! Instead of the exhaust just opening up in the higher RPM's it's open now all the time, kinda like a 997 S PSE on all the time fix but better! Much better! Took literally 2 minutes, just pulled off the line & put a screw in it. My 430 sounds so sick now. Sounds like a Capristo or Tubi. Open the hood, look straight down on either side of the exhaust for the bypass valves. Opens sound to all 4 exhaust tips too. Perfectly safe for the car w/ no cel etc./

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Have you tried disconnecting the vaccum lines to the bypass valves? OMG! It's like I have another car! Instead of the exhaust just opening up in the higher RPM's it's open now all the time, kinda like a 997 S PSE on all the time fix but better! Much better! Took literally 2 minutes, just pulled off the line & put a screw in it. My 430 sounds so sick now. Sounds like a Capristo or Tubi. Open the hood, look straight down on either side of the exhaust for the bypass valves. Opens sound to all 4 exhaust tips too. Perfectly safe for the car w/ no cel etc./

Tried it once, but put it back shortly after. Sure it sounded great, but I found it a little bit annoying to have the valves open all the time. Especially when driving in the city or during night times it's just too much for me. A switch to turn the sound on/off whenever you want would be perfect.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Tried it once, but put it back shortly after. Sure it sounded great, but I found it a little bit annoying to have the valves open all the time. Especially when driving in the city or during night times it's just too much for me. A switch to turn the sound on/off whenever you want would be perfect.

I dont think I'll tire of it. I like it loud!! But imo it's not REALLY loud. Would love to hear my car from the outside in another car or from the side of the road. Any takers willing to drive it for me?

I think Capristo has exactly that; a switch that can turn the valves on & off.

Gregg, drop me a PM if you want me to drive your car. Heck, I'll even let you drive my Hyundai accent alongside to it with the windows open. No problem mate!
    -Joost-

Quote:
    Joost said:
    Gregg, drop me a PM if you want me to drive your car. Heck, I'll even let you drive my Hyundai accent alongside to it with the windows open. No problem mate!
    -Joost-

LoL! Okay!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    810165 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    450952 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    268321 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    91352 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    8163 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

889524 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    843739 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM