Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: French F1 Grand Prix

Quote:
    JoeRockhead said:
    Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Is Hamilton mentally deranged? He is quoted as saying, "You can keep on giving me penalties, whatever you want. I'll keep battling and trying to come back with a result."

Does he think that race officials and stewards are simply out to get him? He is in denial. Unable to see his mistakes. The fact is that he will get penalised if he breaks the rules. Simple as that. He needs to see the causal connection between him breaking rules and getting punished. Until that happens, he won't get anywhere. Perhaps he doesn't think the rules apply to him?

He is making more and more mistakes as the pressure on him increases. I can remember Alonso making almost zero mistakes no matter how much pressure Schumi put on him as the season reached its climax. Great drivers don't make such mistakes. Hamilton made a dream start last year. He is himself throwing all that away by carelessness.

Maybe he will mature before his honeymoon in F1 is over. His father should be trying to help him with that, unless he's the problem.

It is of case of too much too soon for Hamilton. Ron Dennis didn't allow him the time to mature for this level of competition. Big difference between F3 and GP2 to F1, where every small detail counts.
    Moreover, if your pal is Puff Duddy what can your level be. Show me your friend to tell you who you are

Quote:
    Heist said:
    Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Is Hamilton mentally deranged? He is quoted as saying, "You can keep on giving me penalties, whatever you want. I'll keep battling and trying to come back with a result."

Does he think that race officials and stewards are simply out to get him? He is in denial. Unable to see his mistakes. The fact is that he will get penalised if he breaks the rules. Simple as that. He needs to see the causal connection between him breaking rules and getting punished. Until that happens, he won't get anywhere. Perhaps he doesn't think the rules apply to him?

He is making more and more mistakes as the pressure on him increases. I can remember Alonso making almost zero mistakes no matter how much pressure Schumi put on him as the season reached its climax. Great drivers don't make such mistakes. Hamilton made a dream start last year. He is himself throwing all that away by carelessness.

Dude, relax. Hamilton's got a grand total of 3 MAJOR errors in his driving career thus far. Not too shabby for a ROOKIE! I think you forget for all his talent, he's only in his second year.

What you have is a young man saying in other words is, " I make mistakes but penalities be damned, I'm going to give it my all to win no matter how many spots back I am."
    I want that sort of mentality on my team.

The in-race penalty he received was completely unjust in my opinion. As I said earlier, he had inside position and his nose was ahead. He could have steered the other car off the track if he wanted but shortcutted the turn for the sake of both cars otherwise it would have been a wreck (something after the last race I'm sure weighed in the back of his mind).

No position or time was made up because of it and he did it clearly to avoid an accident. Thus the penalty was unjust in my opinion.

Let me think about this - gee, a chicane is coming up, I hate to slow down for them so I think I will just come along side, not brake in time so that I am ahead and then I will just take the shortcut to not cause a wreck. Makes every chicane an excellent passing opportunity! Maybe it is not too late for me to be an F1 champ!

Nah, I bet a penalty was the correct answer. You must make the pass and stay on the track and control your car.

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:

I agree, to some point, I think you're being a little to harsh on him. The incident during the French GP wasn't a rookie-mistake.

Maybe his move was a little bit over the top, but I tend to support those actions, I like drivers who create overtaking-opportunities, even if there are little. The drive-trough he received was out of proportion, IMO, he only cut the corner because he had to catch the oversteer.

Anyway, I hope he's clear of mistakes and misfortune by now and he'll still have a good season!

Quote:
    Leawood911 said:
    Quote:
    Heist said:
    Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:

Dude, relax. Hamilton's got a grand total of 3 MAJOR errors in his driving career thus far. Not too shabby for a ROOKIE! I think you forget for all his talent, he's only in his second year.

What you have is a young man saying in other words is, " I make mistakes but penalities be damned, I'm going to give it my all to win no matter how many spots back I am."
    I want that sort of mentality on my team.

The in-race penalty he received was completely unjust in my opinion. As I said earlier, he had inside position and his nose was ahead. He could have steered the other car off the track if he wanted but shortcutted the turn for the sake of both cars otherwise it would have been a wreck (something after the last race I'm sure weighed in the back of his mind).

No position or time was made up because of it and he did it clearly to avoid an accident. Thus the penalty was unjust in my opinion.

Let me think about this - gee, a chicane is coming up, I hate to slow down for them so I think I will just come along side, not brake in time so that I am ahead and then I will just take the shortcut to not cause a wreck. Makes every chicane an excellent passing opportunity! Maybe it is not too late for me to be an F1 champ!

Nah, I bet a penalty was the correct answer. You must make the pass and stay on the track and control your car.

Leawood -
    He did remain in control of the car, he just chose not to slam the door on Vettel..

His quote below which I just found:

"My drive-through penalty was an extremely close call," said Hamilton. "I felt I'd got past fairly and was ahead going into the corner. But I was on the outside and couldn't turn-in, in case we both crashed"

If F1 Marshalls felt the cross cut had given Lewis an advantage, they could have radioed his team to let Vettel pass back in front instead of a drive thru penalty.

I mean the Marshalls already know the driver is already 10 spots in the hole. Why make things even less competitive when a simple radio call will do?

Quote:
    Porker said:
    Maybe his move was a little bit over the top, but I tend to support those actions, I like drivers who create overtaking-opportunities, even if there are little. The drive-trough he received was out of proportion, IMO, he only cut the corner because he had to catch the oversteer.

Guys,

he did not get the penalty for cutting the corner, he received it since he gained advantage out of it. Let's face it, he could've never made the prior move if there weren't any run-off areas at this corner. In my eyes it is ridiculous to believe one could get away with it, pure arrogance from my point of view.

I have a feeling the relationship with his father will slowly turn into a soap opera. I think some point in time he will fire him and he reunit with him to create some publicity, etc.

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    Porker said:

Guys,

he did not get the penalty for cutting the corner, he received it since he gained advantage out of it. Let's face it, he could've never made the prior move if there weren't any run-off areas at this corner. In my eyes it is ridiculous to believe one could get away with it, pure arrogance from my point of view.

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:

The following blog was posted just after I wrote the above post. Seems like I'm not the only one thinking along these lines:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A37600139

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    812834 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    452859 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    272949 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    91995 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    9226 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

891361 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    850229 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM