Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Official 997MY09 Porsche Release - Press Embargo

As posted in a few other sites already, incl 6speedonline. Confirmed by my local OPC who mentioned first available shipping in November.

30HP on the S, 7 speed PDK, LED's, touchscreen PCM, DVB tv/Bluetooth, etc.

Re: Official 997MY08 Porsche Release - Press Embargo

page 2

page 3(last)

so launch control and PDK are two seperate options? sounds expensive

Quote:
    Nidge said:
    so launch control and PDK are two seperate options? sounds expensive

LC aunch Control comes with the sports chrono plus pack Pounds641, while PDK is a Pounds1,900 option in the UK

Red stripe coming back to the 4wheel drive, just like the 996 4s ?

Re: Official 997MY08 Porsche Release - Press Embar

Interesting. No changes to the TT until MY10 I guess. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for posting. Would love to try the PDK, but at the end of the day it is hard to give up on the stick shift if only one sport car is allowed in the garage.

If the PDK is good, a lot of new buyers will have tough decision ahead...

Do we know yet if PDK will allow shifting through the stick (to mimick a manual gear selector in a similar way to SMG in the BMW).

I note it says "specially designed gear selector" above in reference to the PDK

Italo my friend; where are you getting your numbers from - my C2S facelift has costing confirmed by Porsche (I assume as it is what my order sheet says on it) at Pounds2338 for pdk and Pounds729 for sport chrono plus - are yours pre VAT prices??

The pdk will be amazing - for me I just had to have what Porsche consider is their best technology......

Atlas997 - I assume the specially designed gear selector to be the buttons on the steering wheel - I have no info on whether an smg style gear selector will be available via the 'stick' but am assuming so!!

Re: Official 997MY09 Porsche Release - Press Embar

Quote:
    cl986 said:
    As posted in a few other sites already, incl 6speedonline.

As posted on this site a long time ago, but removed by the moderators...

Read it while you can (but you only have to wait until Friday for the pressrelease).

Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    cl986 said:

Read it while you can (but you only have to wait until Friday for the pressrelease).

Based on what I heard, when the original document was posted by [no name] the doc actually included the author's name under property . Hence, few termination at Porsche AG and the corresponding dealer that leaked it occured.

By the time we took it down it was all over the internet and naturally the names were also out there with the Doc.

We'll see the official pictures on Thursday, so 3 more days.

Why is it called a press "embargo"? That's an odd term for a press release.

Embargar-embargo

Porsche tracked down the individual that the document came from. The Rennteam member that originally posted and Porsche dealer assumed that the document was already public information and thought nothing of the posting. One thing for sure when posting something, be careful, as you would be shocked as to the knowledge and accessibility Porsche Security has of this site and others. You would be shocked.

Quote:
    mex99 said:
    Italo my friend; where are you getting your numbers from - my C2S facelift has costing confirmed by Porsche (I assume as it is what my order sheet says on it) at Pounds2338 for pdk and Pounds729 for sport chrono plus - are yours pre VAT prices??

The pdk will be amazing - for me I just had to have what Porsche consider is their best technology......

Atlas997 - I assume the specially designed gear selector to be the buttons on the steering wheel - I have no info on whether an smg style gear selector will be available via the 'stick' but am assuming so!!

the prices I quoted were pre-VAT and are not accurate, as I said earlier I'm going for a C4S cab therefore prices aren't ready yet. The car will have a lever similar to the SMG, I saw the pictures

I cannot believe "Cream white" is replacing "Slate Grey" - which [beep] at Porsche made that decision...!!!

And what's with the "steering wheel heating" option?? I guess a fully optioned 997 will weigh more than just a pig or two...

Duh!

You are portraying Porsche Security like it is some nazi squad force. I could se how a dealer and an employee would get easily in trouble, but what about this website, which has nothing to do with the factory?

Please explain, I really don't want to be naive about this for any reason.

As for photos, the press have them even today, because if not, they wouldn't be able to make headlines on Friday 6. June.

This whole commotion is pretty ugly if you think about it. If they want to keep something really secure, just have it stay inside the factory. There are hundreds of Porsche dealers in the world and each one received the information above. What is the real problem about Porsche owners like us learning about the facts two or three days in advance? Basically this whole thing serves only one purpose then, to protect the media and their sales. The media aren't the ones buying the cars, though, it's us, isn't it?

Quote:
    MarekN said:
    You are portraying Porsche Security like it is some nazi squad force. I could se how a dealer and an employee would get easily in trouble, but what about this website, which has nothing to do with the factory?

Please explain, I really don't want to be naive about this for any reason.

As for photos, the press have them even today, because if not, they wouldn't be able to make headlines on Friday 6. June.

This whole commotion is pretty ugly if you think about it. If they want to keep something really secure, just have it stay inside the factory. There are hundreds of Porsche dealers in the world and each one received the information above. What is the real problem about Porsche owners like us learning about the facts two or three days in advance? Basically this whole thing serves only one purpose then, to protect the media and their sales. The media aren't the ones buying the cars, though, it's us, isn't it?

Very well said, Marek.

I fully agree. Problem is that a few factory workers or print companies can't quite keep quiet about the impending modifications, and the document found it's way out 2 to 3 months early, and Porsche was ALL over it. I wonder at times if it is not intentional to bolster sales.

Quote:
    cc08gt2 said:
    I fully agree. Problem is that a few factory workers or print companies can't quite keep quiet about the impending modifications, and the document found it's way out 2 to 3 months early, and Porsche was ALL over it. I wonder at times if it is not intentional to bolster sales.

Wouldn't that hurt existing sales? Unless Porsche thinks the facelift is too ugly.

Yes, that is the usual explanation they give, also for masking prototype cars.

Porsche is one of the companies that is guaranteed to have any new model they make the center of media attention. It's not like they have to go to the publishers and beg for coverage. Even so, I am sure that for example the prototypes of the Panamera running around Germany in disguise were partly staged to be all over the news. Maybe because it is a totally new type of car to Porsche and as such needs all the coverage it can get.

A few years ago I was part of a website that scooped the very first pictures of the new Skoda Fabia with minimum disguise. It is the best-selling car in the Czech market, so very important. It was quite clear that the factory sent this sole car into the streets of Prague for this very reason, because up until then it was top secret. Then out of the blue, six months before its premier, it appears in the capital city in virtually standard shape to create some hype. We took the first picture quite by accident because we had a camera in the car when stumbling upon it in traffic, then they put a lid on it again and tested it in public only a few weeks before international introduction.

I don't know about existing sales. I am not sure Porsche has that problem.

I posted the same document as this thread 2-3 months ago, and found out later it was top secret Porsche information. They called me and dealer the next day and wanted the document off the web, but it was too late. We only passed along information that we thought was fully public at the time, and it turned out that we gave the world something that wasn't seen. We had no clue.

Surely those guys in Germany are way smarter than to let something get into the hands of someone that wasn't suppose to spread. I just think it is marketing. It worked on me, because I was glad to see all the new technology advances, PDK, and other stuff coming on the cars. I have waited several years for those things. They will get my money for them again and again.

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    cl986 said:

Based on what I heard, when the original document was posted by [no name] the doc actually included the author's name under property . Hence, few termination at Porsche AG and the corresponding dealer that leaked it occured.

By the time we took it down it was all over the internet and naturally the names were also out there with the Doc.

We'll see the official pictures on Thursday, so 3 more days.

Hey, it's Thursday, EST. Where's the pictures???

Lots of very nice changes, long time coming.

How nice of them to call you. Let's hope that they also watch these boards and learn something from them along the lines of quality customer feedback.

I'm confused.

What does "End of Press Embargo 06/06/08" mean? An official Porsche Statement, Price, options list ?.
    I will get the car in the first week of july but I haven't make any specifiactions on it .
    Will we see a price list tomorrow?
    Only 11:40 hours to End of Press embargo !!!

Quote:
    honi said:
    I'm confused.

What does "End of Press Embargo 06/06/08" mean?

In many instances "trusted" press get official images and specs a few days in advance but are not allowed to issue the press release until the embargo is over. Embargo is simply the period when the press is forbidden to issue the press release given.

NEWS: The German dealers will get an Car Configurator Update on Fri 06/06/08 CET

Quote:
    honi said:
    There is only one month left. My car will be produced in 2-3 Weeks. But how Porsche knows my options, and how i know what to pay ???

First, all prices and options are in your dealers configurator system. Currently some Exclusive options are missing... Your dealer could even show you more pics-new MF steering wheel for PDK for example. They already have it...

Just this time embargo is pretty hard... Why? I do not know... Audi as a sister company is playing different game with forthcoming R8 V10... Almost all info except final look will be known before official release in autumn 2008...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    779188 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442233 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263102 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261379 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85612 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5803 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881080 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    817494 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM