Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Alonso - Any options other than Renault?

Mika?? Mika was crying! His car broken just in the last lap! But Mika was one of the most nice guys there.

Remember Alonso did win two times the championship both times with car which wasn't as good as the Ferrari. Remember Imola 2006!

AM

I disagree. Alonso had a better car than the Ferrari when he won both his championship.

Quote:
    WAY said:
    I disagree. Alonso had a better car than the Ferrari when he won both his championship.

Indeed.

Quote:
    WAY said:

Ferrari was at the end about 0,3 - 0,4 seconds faster!! Go on and search in F1total.com database. Ferrari had more technical driver failures.

AM

Looks like he took the Renault option for 3 years:

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/formel1/0,1518,522350,00.html

Blueflame

Quote:
    blueflame said:

Blueflame

Couldn't open your link above but yes it does seem that way.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7136498.stm

Quote:
    cgt said:

Forums are about debate and opinion, not fanaticism!

so you are out of here?!?

Quote:
    John H said:
    Quote:
    blueflame said:

Blueflame

Couldn't open your link above but yes it does seem that way.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7136498.stm

Another one:

http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO/sport/motorsport/2007/12/10/alonso-renault/daily-mail,geo=3226802.html

100 000 000 $

Blueflame

Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:

Why? Please give an example instead of making random statements

Alonso and Piquet Jr. will be a very interesting battle next year, should be some exciting racing if Piquet is as good as he (and his Dad) think he is.

Quote:
    cgt said:
    Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:

He was referring to your tug of war with gangajas.

Quote:
    cgt said:
    Alonso and Piquet Jr. will be a very interesting battle next year, should be some exciting racing if Piquet is as good as he (and his Dad) think he is.

It will be funny if history repeats itself and Alonso gets out paced by his rookie teammate.

this Alonso feels like a mercenary to me... he should have never left Renault... amazing team, amazing engines, amazing track-record, and wiiiiiiiiiiiiiide financial means... but that wasn't good enough for him now was it...

Quote:
    Marwan Arakji said:
    this Alonso feels like a mercenary to me... he should have never left Renault... amazing team, amazing engines, amazing track-record, and wiiiiiiiiiiiiiide financial means... but that wasn't good enough for him now was it...

Renault does not have wide financial means which is the reason why Alonso joined Mclaren. Unlike Mclaren och Ferrari , Renault has only been in F1 a few years and their future in the circus and not body know how long they are going to compete in the sport.

If new information surface that Renault did use of benefit from the information given to them by the ex-Mclaren employee, you can count on the team sinking like the Titanic if they face the same punishment as Mclaren did this year.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:
    Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:

Haha The 'tug of war' is fun and games, I really dont pay any mind to what is said on an internet forum

I'm sure Gangajas is out letting off some fireworks tonight but for 2008 I sincerely wish Gangajas, Alonso and the whole country of Spain the best! I actually think we will see some good racing between the top three teams (assuming McLaren are in the championship) and it will be fascinating to see what happens between Piquet and Alonso. Piquet has said a lot of things about 'not playing second fiddle' so it is a very intriguing scenario.

Let's hope Alonso acts more maturely in 2008 and lets his driving do the talking.

Quote:
    cgt said:

Let's hope Alonso acts more maturely in 2008 and lets his driving do the talking.

Dont doubt he will do that...

And I hope Pedro de la Rosa is confirmed as second pilot with Hamilton!!, that will be really interesting, and just have in mind, history can repeat if those rumours are true !!

Alonso's contract is just INSANE, PERFECT CONTRACT, FOR SUCH AN AMAZING PILOT, finally this is JUSTICE !!!

I'm sure Piquet junior will learn A LOT from him!

So happy when I heard of the official news !!!

All my bets are now with Renault for 2008!!!!!!

Quote:
    mumbasic said:
    Quote:
    WAY said:

Ferrari was at the end about 0,3 - 0,4 seconds faster!! Go on and search in F1total.com database. Ferrari had more technical driver failures.

AM

You are correct, "at the end". A season is not just about the end part of the season unfortunately.

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:

Dont doubt he will do that...

And I hope Pedro de la Rosa is confirmed as second pilot with Hamilton!!, that will be really interesting, and just have in mind, history can repeat if those rumours are true !!

Alonso's contract is just INSANE, PERFECT CONTRACT, FOR SUCH AN AMAZING PILOT, finally this is JUSTICE !!!

I'm sure Piquet junior will learn A LOT from him!

So happy when I heard of the official news !!!

All my bets are now with Renault for 2008!!!!!!

Yes perfect contract for Alonso, not so sure if it is the perfect contract for shareholders!

All joking and taking sides for/against Alonso to one side, how do people think he will fare against Piquet?

Piquet's talent is undoubtedly there, but whether he is top level or not I guess will show this year.

His stated intent to beat Alonso goes against Flavio's words of a clear #1/#2 hierarchy at Renault. If Piquet is in front, will he be asked to move over? Somehow I cant see him doing that, which could make for more fireworks.

He may also have a slight advantage over Alonso at the start of the season being very familiar with the team and car, whereas Alonso will step into it for the first time in January.

Either way, this news will hopefully make for an exciting 2008 season.

Quote:
    cgt said:
    Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:

Quote:
    Crash said:

Crash got it at the first sight.... To Crush

Quote:
    cgt said:
    All joking and taking sides for/against Alonso to one side, how do people think he will fare against Piquet?

Piquet's talent is undoubtedly there, but whether he is top level or not I guess will show this year.

His stated intent to beat Alonso goes against Flavio's words of a clear #1/#2 hierarchy at Renault. If Piquet is in front, will he be asked to move over? Somehow I cant see him doing that, which could make for more fireworks.

He may also have a slight advantage over Alonso at the start of the season being very familiar with the team and car, whereas Alonso will step into it for the first time in January.

Either way, this news will hopefully make for an exciting 2008 season.

What you have said, could be possible(everything is possible ), but I really doubt it can happen, infact what I see is that Piquet is really lucky having a double world champion by his side, finally that will really help for him, for the next seasons.....I dont say Piquet has no talent etc, of course he has(then he wouldnt be there), but Alonso returns home, knows the car, and most important, he has so many support, that he will put his 110% every time he sees the green light! Just wait untill you see what laptimes Alonso's does in trainnings!!!

I see Alonso this next season, at least in 3rd position overall!!!

Quote:
    cgt said:

To be honest, I cant see that happening, and I am not dreaming (you could imagine that ), but I really doubt it, unless Alonso has any problems in the car during the race....

But what you've said, could really happen in Mclaren, if De La Rosa is as second driver....that guy is really waiting for the right moment, he is looking for titles, and he can accomplished his dreams....I still remember how crazy he was in Barhain 2 years ago, when he had the possibility to race as second pilot(I think it was because Montoya was injured, playing tennis or something ), and De La Rosa, was simply amazing, overtaking everyone, going out the track, returning, overtaking again, going out, he was going to the max.....So in case De La Rosa is in front of Hamilton and he gets direct instructions from Ron, I doubt he will leave Hamilton that easy!!!.....De la Rosa is also a true champion !!!! .....And Ron has of course thinked about all of this, that history can reapeat itself, but spanish sponsors at Mclaren could really make it happen !!!

I think Heikki will probably be in at McLaren, I cant see a driver of his calibre out of F1. And it will be an interesting battle between Heikki and LH.

De La Rosa has never gotten near to Hamilton in testing over the last two years so I dont see that happening somehow unless it is purely to please sponsors.

Neither Hamilton nor Alonso need to fear their teammates. Piquet is a young driver with a promising future but at the moment he's by no means a top driver. In year 2006 he came second in GP2 with 12 points behind Hamilton. He's basically not on the same level as Hamilton, Kimi and Alonso. Alonso's biggest concern will be reliability and performance, for him to win next year, the car has to be perfect.

As for Hekki who is competent but isn't platinum material, he will be out paced by Hamilton if he joins Mclaren. Personally I want to see Pedro as driver nr2 and so wants Santanders and MM too. He's a loyal soldier who has been with Mclaren for 2 years standing by patiently waiting for a chance to prove himself worth of Mclaren's astronaut suit. It's time for Mclaren to give the man a break. He's hungry and considering how crappy Mclaren's car was last year he did an amazing job.

2008 season will be remarkably entertaining. Alonso, Hamilton, Kimi, Massa, Piquet and Hekki/Pedro battling all at the top with the BMW drivers in the mix too. Can't wait!!!

BILD Zeitung, as much yellow press as they are, they have been very well informed reg. F1 racing in previous years. If a team, and I don't put an eye on the very exact figure, pays that much for a driver he must have some abilities to back it up with. Briatore surely knows what he is good for, not only in racing but as well in vehicle development. As everybody saw, Piquet, Kovalainen and Fisichella weren't up to the task in this season! De la Rosa, with all respect, is not in the same league as the top drivers. He was very, very entertaining to watch being 2nd driver next to Raikkonen but far from his speed. I do not think he would be an appropriate teammate for a driver like Hamilton.

First of all, Briatore will not make the same mistake that Dennis has done this year. Piquet will be the assisting driver, ensuring team performance and support. Furthermore I do not expect Piquet being faster than anybody else. One has to realize that both Hamilton and Alonso are outstanding drivers, the differences at this level diminish. Hamilton had the advantage of being "raised" at this particular team (which is a by far better team to start with than e.g. Sutil in the Spyker/ForceIndia team) and being able to adapt his driving style to this year's Bridgestone tires (being similiar in behaviour to the ones used in GP2).
    Does anybody remember the trouble Hamilton (and Hakkinen by the way) had when driving the previous season's car, providing rather poor laptimes and raising concerns inside the team whether they would be the appropriate choice as teammate? At least noone in Britain...

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Hamilton had the advantage of being "raised" at this particular team (which is a by far better team to start with than e.g. Sutil in the Spyker/ForceIndia team) and being able to adapt his driving style to this year's Bridgestone tires (being similiar in behaviour to the ones used in GP2).

Hamilton wasn't raised by Mclaren, he was just provided by financial support and the right environment to practise his skills and talent. He's by no means an academic driver, during the season he drove the way that suits him not caring about giving his champion teammate no1 status. That's what I call a self made driver.

If you call Hamilton's contract with Mclaren at the age of 13 an advantage then what do you have to say about people like Bruno Senna and Piquet who were raised to become racing drivers the minute their mother's found out they were pregnant?

Quote:
    luwalira said:
    Neither Hamilton nor Alonso need to fear their teammates. Piquet is a young driver with a promising future but at the moment he's by no means a top driver. In year 2006 he came second in GP2 with 12 points behind Hamilton. He's basically not on the same level as Hamilton, Kimi and Alonso. Alonso's biggest concern will be reliability and performance, for him to win next year, the car has to be perfect.

As for Hekki who is competent but isn't platinum material, he will be out paced by Hamilton if he joins Mclaren. Personally I want to see Pedro as driver nr2 and so wants Santanders and MM too. He's a loyal soldier who has been with Mclaren for 2 years standing by patiently waiting for a chance to prove himself worth of Mclaren's astronaut suit. It's time for Mclaren to give the man a break. He's hungry and considering how crappy Mclaren's car was last year he did an amazing job.

2008 season will be remarkably entertaining. Alonso, Hamilton, Kimi, Massa, Piquet and Hekki/Pedro battling all at the top with the BMW drivers in the mix too. Can't wait!!!

what he said !

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    780401 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442447 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263248 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261572 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85729 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5875 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881306 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818479 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM