Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

My 997 GT2 Confirmed

finished configuration of my GT2. Confirmed delivery is March '08.....
    wheels are white...which does not really show in the picture.
    might get a second set of wheels with black rims and proper road tires...not sure yet...

Re: My 997 GT2 Confirmed

Mabruk!

thans a million easy_rider

Perfect choice... Perfect car.. Plz buy a second set with black wheels but with slick tires.. Not with road tires..

Awesome!

Amazing.

Only thing I'd change is PCM leather...

Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Amazing.

thanks groom...i have pcm in leather on my turbo and it's gorgeous. however, strangely enough it's not available for the gt2.

i had started a thread about that a while back......

Just a little thought from my side (I was planning the specs of my GT2 just recently): If PCM in leather is not yet available for March delivery you might go with the standard PCM color (dark silver, called "Vulkangrau" in Germany). Why? The same color is also used in the stearing wheel (no other colors available there ) and in the plastic part around the gear lever (no other colors available there either).

While I will take PCM in leather (later delivery than yours...) I will try to have the door handles painted in Vulkangrau. In essence, all major non-leather parts (stearing wheel, plastic part around gear lever, door handles) in my car would then be in Vulkangrau.

Quote:
    intouch1 said:
    Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Amazing.

thanks groom...i have pcm in leather on my turbo and it's gorgeous. however, strangely enough it's not available for the gt2.

PCM in leather is available from February 2008 production for GT2 according to current German GT2 price list.

Do not trust in configurator alwaya... Same thing is with Porsche Crest on seats-also available from February 2008 for Bucket seats...

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Just a little thought from my side (I was planning the specs of my GT2 just recently): If PCM in leather is not yet available for March delivery you might go with the standard PCM color (dark silver, called "Vulkangrau" in Germany). Why? The same color is also used in the stearing wheel (no other colors available there ) and in the plastic part around the gear lever (no other colors available there either).

While I will take PCM in leather (later delivery than yours...) I will try to have the door handles painted in Vulkangrau. In essence, all major non-leather parts (stearing wheel, plastic part around gear lever, door handles) in my car would then be in Vulkangrau.

I agree with you. But, I would go for thicker Multifunction steering wheel and full CF trim. Then the only parts in Vulkangrau would be on steering wheel and gear lever and hand brake. Do not forget that backs of Bucket seats are in CF... PCM? In leather of course...

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

I agree with you. But, I would go for thicker Multifunction steering wheel and full CF trim. Then the only parts in Vulkangrau would be on steering wheel and gear lever and hand brake. Do not forget that backs of Bucket seats are in CF... PCM? In leather of course...

Kreso, the MF stearing wheel looks I really don't like its looks in a car like the GT2...

Regarding the backs of the GT2 seats in CF you are right. Need to think about that again. In principal I don't like Porsche's CF applications too much. However, I agree that the seat backs are in CF... Hmmm...

Ok. One question then-how to control PCM? With MF(thicker) steering wheel you can control PCM easy but, with standard steering wheel you need to use small buttons on PCM...

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Ok. One question then-how to control PCM? With MF(thicker) steering wheel you can control PCM easy but, with standard steering wheel you need to use small buttons on PCM...

Agreed, the MF wheel is safer (and more comfi). However, I really don't like its looks in a car like the GT2... In case of the 997TT I would probably order the MF wheel as well, though.

Hello Markus,

You probably (judging by the number of posts, "of course"? ) already know, but there are a couple other differences besides the look. The MF wheel has no thumb rests at the 2 and 10 o'clock positions. WRT to measurements, I couldn't find specs so one time many months ago took a tape to the dealer. What I found (someone who has specs please correct me if I am wrong) is that the MF wheel has larger overall diameter, and even the one with the "thicker" option is not as thick as the "thicker" standard TT wheel. BTW, "thicker" standard TT wheel is the same as GT2 wheel?

From reading postings by MF owners, it's of course personal preference/YMMV but it seems not all think the functions added are "must-have."

Quote:
    MKSGR said:

Kreso, the MF stearing wheel looks I really don't like its looks in a car like the GT2...

Regarding the backs of the GT2 seats in CF you are right. Need to think about that again. In principal I don't like Porsche's CF applications too much. However, I agree that the seat backs are in CF... Hmmm...

Yummy, yummy. Looks like it's going to be one pretty car. Congrats!

Quote:
    intouch1 said:
    finished configuration of my GT2. Confirmed delivery is March '08.....
    wheels are white...which does not really show in the picture.
    might get a second set of wheels with black rims and proper road tires...not sure yet...

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Hello Markus,

You probably (judging by the number of posts, "of course"? ) already know, but there are a couple other differences besides the look. The MF wheel has no thumb rests at the 2 and 10 o'clock positions. WRT to measurements, I couldn't find specs so one time many months ago took a tape to the dealer. What I found (someone who has specs please correct me if I am wrong) is that the MF wheel has larger overall diameter, and even the one with the "thicker" option is not as thick as the "thicker" standard TT wheel. BTW, "thicker" standard TT wheel is the same as GT2 wheel?

From reading postings by MF owners, it's of course personal preference/YMMV but it seems not all think the functions added are "must-have."

Quote:
    MKSGR said:

You are right. There are more differences than just looks and some buttons. The regular GT2 stearing wheel just feels excellent

Quote:
    intouch1 said:
    Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Amazing.

Are you sure that it is not available? I speced it on mine and it seemed ok.

Quote:
    OAB said:
    Quote:
    intouch1 said:
    Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Amazing.

did you spec it on a GT2 ?
    when i specced my car and until today it is certainly not available.

would be great if you would be so kind as to give me the code no. for this option......

Option code is CUR.

Traditionally, not all options are available on launch cars, because they delay production.

just sent below e-mail to exclusive at porsche germany...

Dear Mr. Fraschka,

I have ordered a 997 GT2 through our local Porsche distributor in Egypt. Mr. Emad William has sent the spec to Germany for approval.
    However, I was not able to spec PCM Leather (interior colour black) as it is not featured in the online configurator.

As I have PCM leather in my current 997 Turbo, I would really like to order it for my GT2 as well.

Kindly inform me if it is possible to spec it in the GT2 and supply me with the correct option code.

Thank you very much for your support,

awesome car... you surely won't cross any on the road...

Absolutely insane !!!!!

March isnt that faw away too !!!!!

The only down side I see are the white colour rims, for my taste, its a little bit too much of white, and have in mind, you are going to have them full of dust and dirt all the time, I know PCCB will help in that way, but anyway, white colour in rims is very dirty!!

On the other hand, black rims would look, SIMPLY A B-E-A-S-T!!!!....

Congrats man !!! , cant wait to see pics of it !!!

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    cannga said:
    Hello Markus,

Quote:
    MKSGR said:

You are right. There are more differences than just looks and some buttons. The regular GT2 stearing wheel just feels excellent

Ever consider ordering the MF wheel, but also order a TechArt replacement? The TechArt one will have MUCH more contour and padding that anything from Porsche and you will also have the buttons on the wheel. Only thing you are keeping from Porsche will be the triangle airbag.

Quote:
    intouch1 said:

Dear Mr. Fraschka,

I have ordered a 997 GT2 through our local Porsche distributor in Egypt. Mr. Emad William has sent the spec to Germany for approval.
    However, I was not able to spec PCM Leather (interior colour black) as it is not featured in the online configurator.

As I have PCM leather in my current 997 Turbo, I would really like to order it for my GT2 as well.

Kindly inform me if it is possible to spec it in the GT2 and supply me with the correct option code.

If the interior of your 997TT is the same as the GT2, why not do a PCM swap when the car comes in?

I want a GT2 .

Seriously congrats man, and remember Respect required.

Quote:
    Whoopsy said:
    Quote:
    intouch1 said:

Dear Mr. Fraschka,

If the interior of your 997TT is the same as the GT2, why not do a PCM swap when the car comes in?

cause my turbo is terracotta on the inside.....would look a little odd no ?

Quote:
    intouch1 said:
    Quote:
    OAB said:
    Quote:
    intouch1 said:
    Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Amazing.

would be great if you would be so kind as to give me the code no. for this option......

The code is indeed CUR. It is not in the internet based car configurator but your dealer should be available to order it through his system. Cost is Euro 1.428,- incl. tax in Germany.

Quote:
    OAB said:
    Quote:
    intouch1 said:
    Quote:
    OAB said:
    Quote:
    intouch1 said:
    Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Amazing.

The code is indeed CUR. It is not in the internet based car configurator but your dealer should be available to order it through his system. Cost is Euro 1.428,- incl. tax in Germany.

cool, thanks.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    780482 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442471 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263272 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261584 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85737 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5889 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881317 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818531 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM