Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

introducing the F430

latest things I've heard:

- dealer presentation will be end of July, perhaps also an exclusive presentation for special customers

- rumours about a pre-presentation at the Ferrari at the Ferrari Racing Days in September (not yet confirmed)

- official presentation COULD be at Paris Motor Show

Re: introducing the F430

I have heard nothing of that. The only thing I have heard is that there will be a presentation in the ealy year of 2005...

In Antwort auf:
    StradaleF1 said:
    I have heard nothing of that. The only thing I have heard is that there will be a presentation in the ealy year of 2005...

You can take it for granted.

Quote:
    rossi said:
    Quote:
    StradaleF1 said:

You can take it for granted.

Yes... Probably!

Now it's obvious that this car will be presented BEFORE the Maranello-successor.
    The prototype cars are yet not so heavily camouflaged like before. It's time for my next drawing... or the first real pictures!

In Antwort auf:
    farina said:
    Now it's obvious that this car will be presented BEFORE the Maranello-successor.
    The prototype cars are yet not so heavily camouflaged like before. It's time for my next drawing... or the first real pictures!

Gimme both! QUICK!!!

As soon as possible!

Quote:
    rossi said:
    Gimme both! QUICK!!!

I have heard that the prototype for the 430 just is a fake! So people will be focusing on the 430 while Ferrari are testing the other (upcoming Maranello). Of cause the prototype of 430 has the engine and some new aerodynamic things that will be on the 430.

But is just something I've heard...

That's absolutely nonsens!
    Such a fake is too expensive for every car builder, especially for a little company like ferrari.
    Under the black camouflage you'll find the real car, which is based on the 360 modena but is much more than a facelift.
    Look behind the camouflage of the silver prototype.
    There you can see some of the new design elements like the new rearlights, the new diffusor and the new pipes.
    The wheels also exist: look at the first picture that shows the uncamouflaged prototype in the factory (maranello)

The wheels have black colour. So you don't realize them at once.

Sources say that the new car will be presented at 20. Juli 17:00 h at Fiorano. The invitation is from Jean Todt.

Quote:
    farina said:
    That's absolutely nonsens!
    Such a fake is too expensive for every car builder, especially for a little company like ferrari.
    Under the black camouflage you'll find the real car, which is based on the 360 modena but is much more than a facelift.
    Look behind the camouflage of the silver prototype.
    There you can see some of the new design elements like the new rearlights, the new diffusor and the new pipes.
    The wheels also exist: look at the first picture that shows the uncamouflaged prototype in the factory (maranello)

Chill... It was just something that I've had heard. Of cause i see new things, but then read a little closer what i say in post before: Of cause the prototype of 430 has the engine and some new aerodynamic things that will be on the 430..

I've heard the same news about the introduction.

Like I told before at my pictures, you can see on the latest mules that the testing is in its final stages.

I think there will be a public introduction at the Ferrari Days on the Nurburgring in september.

A few years ago I was there for the introduction of the 550, a couple of years later the 360 (challenge) and two years ago the Enzo.

Apperently Ferrari loves the Ferrari Days. I think it will be again with Michael Schumacher like the other introductions.

So, wait and see

Quote:
    geertf60 said:
    I've heard the same news about the introduction.

Like I told before at my pictures, you can see on the latest mules that the testing is in its final stages.

I think there will be a public introduction at the Ferrari Days on the Nurburgring in september.

A few years ago I was there for the introduction of the 550, a couple of years later the 360 (challenge) and two years ago the Enzo.

Apperently Ferrari loves the Ferrari Days. I think it will be again with Michael Schumacher like the other introductions.

So, wait and see

Sweet news! Now to a personal question: Are you the one who has taken pictures of the new 430?

Quote:
    rossi said:

Oh man , if they do this it would be bad for Porsche booth/stage. You know everyone will be talking about the F430 Vs. 997 or 987, nevertheless, very exciting .

No I didn't take pictures but I found them on the net.

I'm a member of the official Ferrariownersclub and when I get info about the introduction I' ll put it here immediatly

ciao

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    rossi said:

Oh man , if they do this it would be bad for Porsche booth/stage. You know everyone will be talking about the F430 Vs. 997 or 987, nevertheless, very exciting .

As a consumer and not a P/F employee/investor, I certainly welcome the ongoing competitive race....only way to keep these guys honest and offering better product....but I suspect the real debate will be between what 430 offers and what 997TTS/GT3 may deliver as a counterpunch within next 12 months or so.....

Quote:
    geertf60 said:
    No I didn't take pictures but I found them on the net.

I'm a member of the official Ferrariownersclub and when I get info about the introduction I' ll put it here immediatly

ciao

Well, I'm also a member of The official Ferrari Owners Club so I'm also looking...

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    rossi said:

As a consumer and not a P/F employee/investor, I certainly welcome the ongoing competitive race....only way to keep these guys honest and offering better product....but I suspect the real debate will be between what 430 offers and what 997TTS/GT3 may deliver as a counterpunch within next 12 months or so.....

Why does eveyone elevate Porsche to be a competitor of Ferrari? Any Tom, Dick Harry or Jane can get a Porsche. My god you cannot cross a street without the danger of being hit by one.

Now try and get a Ferrari. Yes you probably can buy one if your willing to pay substantially over MSRP. But buying one from a dealer? Forget it! There is a reason for their demand. They are gorgeous, scarce and provide the ultimate high to the sense organs of the driver/owner and the salivating observer.

Porsche in competition with Ferrari is irrational folly. It like comparing a hotdog to a filet.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    rossi said:

Why does eveyone elevate Porsche to be a competitor of Ferrari? Any Tom, Dick Harry or Jane can get a Porsche. My god you cannot cross a street without the danger of being hit by one.

Now try and get a Ferrari. Yes you probably can buy one if your willing to pay substantially over MSRP. But buying one from a dealer? Forget it! There is a reason for their demand. They are gorgeous, scarce and provide the ultimate high to the sense organs of the driver/owner and the salivating observer.

Porsche in competition with Ferrari is irrational folly. It like comparing a hotdog to a filet.

Given how many guys w/Enzo also own CGT and how many guys w/360 also own 996TT and SL55, to me it's clear more than a few w/plentiful financial resources view each of these cars to have strengths/weaknesses (yes, even the Enzo and 360) and want to maintain a choice of toys depending on mood/roads, etc.

Nberry, compare how many GT2s you see vs 360s, or even turbos, numbers arent that far apart...if you were to compare fiats in with the ferraris while in europe...numbers get more even;)

Quote:
    bostonmini said:
    Nberry, compare how many GT2s you see vs 360s, or even turbos, numbers arent that far apart...if you were to compare fiats in with the ferraris while in europe...numbers get more even;)

The only people that can tell the difference between Porsche's are the diehard Porsche fans. TO 99% of the public they all look alike.

Quote:
    nberry said:

Why should it be difficult to buy one at MSRP from an official dealer? I never had problems in doing that. Good customers can get one within a reasonable period of time. At least in Europe. And for my first Porsche I also had to wait 12 months

Quote:
    nberry said:

The only people that can tell the difference between Porsche's are the diehard Porsche fans. TO 99% of the public they all look alike.

In fact, that is one of the biggest advantages of driving a Porsche. You can drive a top-of-the-league car and not every id..t is able to notice it. A well equipped 996TT or GT2 is more expensive than a 360. However, 99% of all people would not expect that. A big advantage in certain situations

But it's hard to get good service at the McDonald's or the Sizzler steakhouse in SD when you're not driving an F-car

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    But it's hard to get good service at the McDonald's or the Sizzler steakhouse in SD when you're not driving an F-car

Right, that's a big disadvantage

Quote:
    VKSF said:

Correct, that's a big disadvantage

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Any Tom, Dick Harry or Jane can get a Porsche. My god you cannot cross a street without the danger of being hit by one.

Nick,

Considering your anti-Porsche stance in all your posts, I can understand why you should feel that you are in acute danger of being hit by one when crossing the street!

Just don't go picking a fight with SUV's - there are a lot more of them around.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    780837 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442549 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263334 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261662 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85792 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5911 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881407 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818820 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM