Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Powerkits: Cargraphic vs Ruf

Been doing some research on Cargraphic and Ruf Powerkits.

I would be interested to hear your thoughs on the comparison performance graphs.

Cargraphic
    544PS (400KW) at 6200rpm
    798Nm at 3770rpm
    Price: 7.995,00 EUR /4
    Consists of: Sport exhaust, DME control unit exchange, Sport air filter

Ruf
    550 hp (404 kW) at 6,500 rpm
    780 Nm at 2,500 rpm
    Price: 10,650 Euro + 1,064 Euro for assembly (taking 1 week)
    Consists of: Fine tuned engine electronics, sports air filter, conversion of exhaust with 4 round 76 mm end tips and sports catalytic converters, stronger clutch

Re: Powerkits: Cargraphic vs Ruf

Ruf seems to have torque available at lower revs...more usability?

The RS car has more peak torque than the Ruf engine at somewhat higher revs. Different paths to the same goal.

I've seen preliminary pricing for the RUF US kits and I think the euro price you posted above is without the clutch upgrade.

Quote:
    jeffbco said:
    I've seen preliminary pricing for the RUF US kits and I think the euro price you posted above is without the clutch upgrade.

Nope, my info is direct from Ruf in Germany so I think it does include the clutch upgrade.

Quote:
    Alex (UK) said:
    Quote:
    jeffbco said:

Nope, my info is direct from Ruf in Germany so I think it does include the clutch upgrade.

Maybe Dallas hasn't got the pricing correct yet but the literature I saw had the 550 kit (ECU, exhaust, air filter, clutch and install) at $24,950.

Quote:
    jeffbco said:
    Quote:
    Alex (UK) said:
    Quote:
    jeffbco said:

Maybe Dallas hasn't got the pricing correct yet but the literature I saw had the 550 kit (ECU, exhaust, air filter, clutch and install) at $24,950.

The 550bhp kit also has different pricing for manual or tip. The tip is in total 10k EUR BUT THIS DOESNT INCLUDE VAT. This is where I think there is a price difference between what you have.

Two different dynos, The Cargraphic one is taken from the engine dyno plot whereas the Ruf appears to be a smoothed software produced plot - They are not directly comparable. If you look at the Cargraphic before plot this is what the standard Porsche 997tt achieved on the RS engine dyno - how does this compare with the one in your handbook ? Somewhat different maybe ?
    Suffice to say they will both be excellent choices from the two best in the world IMO. I would buy the Cargraphic since I like RS road engines as they are tuned like their race engines, but buying the Ruf may well be easier and they would probably stand behind theirs (better) if there are any problems.
    The Cargraphic will also require a clutch, 798NM is pretty mighty

Quote:
    TB993tt said:
    Two different dynos, The Cargraphic one is taken from the engine dyno plot whereas the Ruf appears to be a smoothed software produced plot - They are not directly comparable. If you look at the Cargraphic before plot this is what the standard Porsche 997tt achieved on the RS engine dyno - how does this compare with the one in your handbook ? Somewhat different maybe ?
    Suffice to say they will both be excellent choices from the two best in the world IMO. I would buy the Cargraphic since I like RS road engines as they are tuned like their race engines, but buying the Ruf may well be easier and they would probably stand behind theirs (better) if there are any problems.

if you tought that the STOCK TT produces almost 700 Nm(with O/B)
    i dont think that 10 Nm more will be necessary a new clutch.

the stock clutch is a monster. maybe over 800 Nm you should think in this problem.

Quote:
    xandi911 said:
    Quote:
    TB993tt said:

the stock clutch is a monster. maybe over 800 Nm you should think in this problem.

These kits advertise almost 100Nm more, not 10. I would never upgrade like this without a clutch upgrade, otherwise, it's slippage city.

And I agree with TB993tt, it's apples and oranges comparing dyno plots precisely. Likely both cars with the kits properly installed are a BLAST!

Time for a shootout, any volunteers?

This is what you will need with the Cargraphic kit - Love the way the genes go all the way back to the 964 -I have this on my 993tt, it is just like stock to use and handles real 800NM

CAR2999750
    Druckplatte Sport 810NM
    964 Turbo/RS
    993 Turbo/GT2/RS
    996 Turbo/GT2/GT3
    997 Turbo/GT3
    Preis: 595,00 EUR /4

Since the nicest looking dyno chart represents the best tuner, I vote for these guys and their EVT 610, http://www.evoms.com/evo/Pages/997TTProjectCar.asp

I am sure their products are as good as their website looks .

They even have "VTG headers" that give 17HP and "Clubsport Intercoolers" with smooth interior and "polished" end tanks. Wow!

Weissach is falling behind!!

Seriously, I hope no one is making tuner choices based on dyno charts, are you ?

Interesting that Ruf and Cargraphic get 40-50 Nm more than Techart, Sportec, FVD and yet the same horsepower.
    Is this wheel dyno vs engine dyno?

The GPS times should give a better real world power comparison.

Quote:
    LAT said:
    Interesting that Ruf and Cargraphic get 40-50 Nm more than Techart, Sportec, FVD and yet the same horsepower.
    Is this wheel dyno vs engine dyno?

I think it is wheel vs engine dyno both in terms of measurement and the method by which Ruf and RS can and do (certainly RS anyway) tune on the engine dyno which is steady state load tuning and concentrating particularly on the curve at the lower revs.
    The torque/power at lower revs on these Motronic turbo engines is widely ignored by people looking for "600hp" but in fact is one of the most important parts of the curve to make a fast and very drivable engine and it is difficult to achieve since unless the variables are very well controlled at the lower revs the heat generated will rob the top end.....

Quote:
    eclou said:
    The GPS times should give a better real world power comparison.

They will indeed but it seems that the uqbiquitous 60-130 measurement has now been well sussed by the "forum tuners" to the point that they can show a "600hp" run....

I would like to see a 100-300kph or 60-185mph run from a 600+hp 997tt to compare to the two Ruf 550 runs.... I don't think that will happen any time soon ?

I would like to make a detailed test of my 997 TT with FVD stage 2+ kit soon. (like 100-250 , 100-300)

October 6th. A few of us will be running the Texas Mile for such 0-300kph data.

Quote:
    eclou said:
    October 6th. A few of us will be running the Texas Mile for such 0-300kph data.

I doubt a stage 2 997TT can hit 300 km/h in a mile since the RT12 can barely do it, but I am looking forward to see what mine and yours would do in TX. I am already confirmed .

More details on the Ruf 550 package:

============================================
    Engine performance kit: 550 hp (404 kW) at 6,500 rpm - 780 Nm at 2,500 rpm
    for 6 speed transmission and tiptronic

550 hp (404 kW) performance kit - manual transmission
    Fine tuned engine electronics, sports air filter, conversion of exhaust with 4 round 76 mm end tips and sports catalytic converters, stronger clutch
    Euro 10,650

Assembly of 550 hp (404 kW) - manual transmission (Term: 1 week)
    Euro 1,064

550 hp (404 kW) performance kit - tiptronic transmission
    Fine tuned engine electronics, sports air filter, conversion of exhaust with 4 round 76 mm end tips and sports catalytic converters
    Euro 9,500

Assembly of 550 hp (404 kW) - tiptronic transmission (Term: 1 week)
    Euro 684

Quote:
    Alex (UK) said:

Fine tuned engine electronics, sports air filter, conversion of exhaust with 4 round 76 mm end tips and sports catalytic converters, stronger clutch
    Euro 10,650

Euro 1,064

Fine tuned engine electronics, sports air filter, conversion of exhaust with 4 round 76 mm end tips and sports catalytic converters
    Euro 9,500

Euro 684

From what I've seen on their US site, they also offer the 600 bhp kit, with bigger VTG turbochargers.

Quote:
    xandi911 said:
    Quote:
    TB993tt said:

Tell that to 'eclou'

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=389904

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Alex (UK) said:

Euro 10,650

Euro 1,064

Euro 9,500

Euro 684

From what I've seen on their US site, they also offer the 600 bhp kit, with bigger VTG turbochargers.

I have details of 650 and 600 if you want them...

Quote:
    Alex (UK) said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Alex (UK) said:

Euro 10,650

Euro 1,064

Euro 9,500

Euro 684

I have details of 650 and 600 if you want them...

What are the prices of the 600 and 650 in Europe and what is actually upgraded if you don't mind?

Engine performance kit: 650 hp (478 kW) at 7,000 rpm - 870 Nm at 3,500 rpm
    for 6 speed transmission

650 hp (478 kW) - manual transmission - incl. assembly
    Fine tuned engine electronics, sports air filter, conversion of exhaust with 4 round 76 mm end tips and sports catalytic converters, 2 turbo chargers in exchange, titanium connecting rods, 3.8 litre cylinder capacity, transmission oil cooler and stronger limited slip differential for 6 speed manual transmission, stronger clutch
    Euro 85,000
    Price for tiptronic transmission: On request

Engine performance kit: 600 hp (441 kW) at 6,500 rpm - 850 Nm at 2,750 rpm

600 hp (441 kW) performance kit - manual transmission
    Fine tuned engine electronics, sports air filter, conversion of exhaust with 4 round 76 mm end tips and sports catalytic converters, 2 VTG turbo chargers in exchange, stronger clutch
    Euro 29,380

Assembly of 600 hp (441 kW) - manual transmission (Term: 1 week)
    Euro 1,520

600 hp (441 kW) performance kit - tiptronic transmission
    Fine tuned engine electronics, sports air filter, conversion of exhaust with 4 round 76 mm end tips and sports catalytic converters, 2 VTG turbo chargers in exchange
    Euro 28,380

Assembly of 600 hp (441 kW) - tiptronic transmission (Term: 1 week)
    Euro 1,140

Quote:
    Alex (UK) said:

Engine performance kit: 650 hp (478 kW) at 7,000 rpm - 870 Nm at 3,500 rpm
    for 6 speed transmission

650 hp (478 kW) - manual transmission - incl. assembly
    Fine tuned engine electronics, sports air filter, conversion of exhaust with 4 round 76 mm end tips and sports catalytic converters, 2 turbo chargers in exchange, titanium connecting rods, 3.8 litre cylinder capacity, transmission oil cooler and stronger limited slip differential for 6 speed manual transmission, stronger clutch
    Euro 85,000
    Price for tiptronic transmission: On request

Engine performance kit: 600 hp (441 kW) at 6,500 rpm - 850 Nm at 2,750 rpm

600 hp (441 kW) performance kit - manual transmission
    Fine tuned engine electronics, sports air filter, conversion of exhaust with 4 round 76 mm end tips and sports catalytic converters, 2 VTG turbo chargers in exchange, stronger clutch
    Euro 29,380

Assembly of 600 hp (441 kW) - manual transmission (Term: 1 week)
    Euro 1,520

600 hp (441 kW) performance kit - tiptronic transmission
    Fine tuned engine electronics, sports air filter, conversion of exhaust with 4 round 76 mm end tips and sports catalytic converters, 2 VTG turbo chargers in exchange
    Euro 28,380

Assembly of 600 hp (441 kW) - tiptronic transmission (Term: 1 week)
    Euro 1,140

I think that the 600 kit will be much more popular as opposed to the 650. That thing costs almost three times as much !

In any case, I think the 600 is well capable of taking the 997TT into the high 20s for 0-300 km/h acceleration.

For those just interested in the exhaust:

Exhaust kit for 997 turbo standard rear bumper (Term: 1 week)
    Conversion of exhaust system with 4 round 76 mm end tips and sports catalytic converters
    Euro 5,500

Assembly of modified exhaust (Term: 5 hours)
    Euro 380

Do you know, if the 550HP Ruf is available without the exhaust from RUF, because you have sportcat/exhaust already?

Quote:
    haudimal said:
    Do you know, if the 550HP Ruf is available without the exhaust from RUF, because you have sportcat/exhaust already?

I don't sorry. Worth contacting Ruf with your question though.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM