Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: unwanted attention

Quote:
    Pink Panther said:
    Will collect middle of next week and post my initial findings and pics here soon after.

Awesome ride ..

Congrats , enjoy in great shape ,, buddy..

Quote:
    throt said:
    Quote:
    Pink Panther said:
    Will collect middle of next week and post my initial findings and pics here soon after.

Awesome ride ..

Good decision!

We are desperately awaiting your pics!

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    throt said:
    Quote:
    Pink Panther said:

Awesome ride ..

Good decision!

We are desperately awaiting your pics!

Not as much as I am desperately waiting to take it on by favourite routes.

Love that shot Mike. Had Rosso Scuderia on my CS and now Corsa on my 430. Feel the Rosso Scud was better for the Stradale because of the way Ferrari into'd the CS in Scud & being more racing pedigree but love both colors.

ps: Me 4.

My CS

I wouldn't worry too much about the attention although I was definitely surprised by the amount of it when I first got my 1st F-car, way different than a 911 but you get used to it, I did anyway and 99.9% is positive and fun attention.

Uooo, just found this pic w/ the CS pic. My Viper. Viper Red is very close to the Scud red it is orangie.

Stradale, the UK and US are worlds apart on the attention front. There is a culture of admiring success in the US. In the UK there is a almost a culture of despising it and conspicuous consumption in the form of expensive cars or large houses is treated with jealous contempt by many people here I'm afraid.

Quote:
    ISUK said:
    Stradale, the UK and US are worlds apart on the attention front. There is a culture of admiring success in the US. In the UK there is a almost a culture of despising it and conspicuous consumption in the form of expensive cars or large houses is treated with jealous contempt by many people here I'm afraid.

Like the guys mentioned above, the color can help minimize the negative attention you're referring to............. Shame but if I lived there I wouldn't change from the things I loved because of other people's problems but I've never felt a need to conform so I know that's easier for some to say then do. You could spend a lifetime trying to please others and you'll never make everyone happy so why even bother worrying about it. It's your hard earned money and you only go around once so imho just get what makes you happy and F um. I mean seriously you're going to make a decision on where to live/what house to buy or the car you drive because of someone elses hang-ups & jealousy? The same group of people that IF they had the money would be buying that very same nice house/car? (this wasn't directed at you just the problem you mentioned)....... F um.

Err..... I drive a white Gallardo in the UK so it doesn't bother me I was just drawing your attention to the fact that there is a significant cultural difference which can (and often does) get taken into consideration when purchasing toys like these.

Quote:
    ISUK said:

I find that puzzling coming from a nation that loves its monarchy with their conspicuous consumption.

I'm afraid Nick you're wide of the mark on this one. As ISUK so accurately described, regrettably so, people in the UK tend to despise the success of others, take some pleasure in the subsequent downfall of the once mighty, express their disapproval of displays of conspicuous consumption etc etc.

Our royal family in reality holds onto the position it has because of tradition and the fact that the royal family knows that to survive (and thereby continue enjoying a privileged position) it needs to 'keep the public sweet'. The Queen now pays taxes and from time to time, the royal family accounts for all expenditure picked up by the 'Civil List' i.e. the taxpayer. If they spend that money too flamboyantly and wastefully, the backlash from our savage media and from the public at large is swift.

For instance, 2 days ago the tabloid press here were lambasting HRH Prince William for spending Pounds11k on drink after splitting up with his girlfriend Kate Middleton.

Our politicians, celebrities, sport stars, rock stars etc etc (and anyone else who is considered to have made too much money too quickly without 'hard work') get pilloried in the press for their expenses.

Recently, some politicians in the Labour party and in the Liberal Democrat party were heard saying that they would tax banker's bonuses in some special way to help the poor. The City told the politicians in no uncertain words to f*ck off.

That's one thing I love about the USA. Success is celebrated and generating wealth is not seen as a dirty word

Quote:
    ISUK said:
    Err..... I drive a white Gallardo in the UK so it doesn't bother me I was just drawing your attention to the fact that there is a significant cultural difference which can (and often does) get taken into consideration when purchasing toys like these.

Errrr..wasn't referring to you that's why I said - "(this wasn't directed at you just the problem you mentioned)"

Good for you. F um.

As a true Brit, I love our queen very very much but sadly most brits don't even know her favourite colour (Rosso Scuderia).
    We all pray that God will save her before we watch the football though.

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    I'm afraid Nick you're wide of the mark on this one. As ISUK so accurately described, regrettably so, people in the UK tend to despise the success of others, take some pleasure in the subsequent downfall of the once mighty, express their disapproval of displays of conspicuous consumption etc etc.

Our royal family in reality holds onto the position it has because of tradition and the fact that the royal family knows that to survive (and thereby continue enjoying a privileged position) it needs to 'keep the public sweet'. The Queen now pays taxes and from time to time, the royal family accounts for all expenditure picked up by the 'Civil List' i.e. the taxpayer. If they spend that money too flamboyantly and wastefully, the backlash from our savage media and from the public at large is swift.

For instance, 2 days ago the tabloid press here were lambasting HRH Prince William for spending Pounds11k on drink after splitting up with his girlfriend Kate Middleton.

Our politicians, celebrities, sport stars, rock stars etc etc (and anyone else who is considered to have made too much money too quickly without 'hard work') get pilloried in the press for their expenses.

Recently, some politicians in the Labour party and in the Liberal Democrat party were heard saying that they would tax banker's bonuses in some special way to help the poor. The City told the politicians in no uncertain words to f*ck off.

That's one thing I love about the USA. Success is celebrated and generating wealth is not seen as a dirty word

Easy Rider - Hate the game not the player right? So I guess dem playa haters must hate Rap artists?

fo shizzle my nizzle

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    779982 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442384 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263185 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261500 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85706 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5848 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881217 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818126 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM