Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

delivery date of 997TT is postponed

Hi!
    The forecast for my new 997TT was may. Yesterday it was postponed to June. The reason is "problems with the PCCB". Have somebody heard something about that?

Re: delivery date of 997TT is postponed

The only thing I can think off is that PCCB brakes are (too?) popular. Hence the delay.
    I received my car 2 weeks ago and everything was according to plan ,no delay's. Love the PCCB's.

Yes, all orders are delayed, unless you're already in production.

Quote:
    C4S Surgeon said:

I have this picture in my head of my car on the assembly line ready to have the PCCB's put on and it STOPS while the car in front gets the last set of brakes!

Quote:
    chrisNY said:
    Quote:
    C4S Surgeon said:

I have this picture in my head of my car on the assembly line ready to have the PCCB's put on and it STOPS while the car in front gets the last set of brakes!

HAHAHAH

is this issue only w/ PCCB cars or all cars? good thing mine finishes production today!!!

Supplier issues....typically the cause of production delays.

Just curious, where are you hearing these news? Is it the dealership that's been telling you folks that suppliers are having problems meeting demand for PCCB brakes?

In years past, there were common delays based on supplier issues. Porsche uses JIT to control inventory, as most mfrs do, but when suppliers run into supply/demand problems, the end mfr just can't get the final product assembled. A huge percentage of the parts are from off site, as you probably know. Guess some of this falls on Porsche's manufacturing planning, some falls on the suppliers.

I am not, however, claiming that for the specific case posted, this is the only reason, but an assumption that it could be.

C4S,

Spoke with Tony yesterday at our dealer and he gave me a production date for 5/9. Hopefully delivery won't be delayed as I ordered my tip with the PCCB's. Only option that is still unavailable is XD9 (rims/caps to body color). I can't f..'in wait anymore ! I could have had a 6 speed 5 or 6 months ago. After shes broken in (which will probably take only a week or two tops) I'm gonna start looking for victims (any F430/Gallardo/ZO6 will do). Anyway, I pray that this PCCB issue won't affect my delivery date.

Here's a thread on Rennlist that covers the PCCB issue:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=344024&page=1&pp=15

Delayed because of the face lift?

No, not because of the facelift.

Quote:
    tortesq1 said:
    C4S,

Spoke with Tony yesterday at our dealer and he gave me a production date for 5/9. Hopefully delivery won't be delayed as I ordered my tip with the PCCB's. Only option that is still unavailable is XD9 (rims/caps to body color). I can't f..'in wait anymore ! I could have had a 6 speed 5 or 6 months ago. After shes broken in (which will probably take only a week or two tops) I'm gonna start looking for victims (any F430/Gallardo/ZO6 will do). Anyway, I pray that this PCCB issue won't affect my delivery date.

Victims of what childness? The Z06 will spank you without breaking a sweat. The 430 in its last year of production will stay with you and the new Gallardo probably will take you out. The 997 X51 (to be introduced next year) TT will put you away as will the 996 and 997 GT2.

So what have you bought? A HAS BEEN. Even the 996TT with a little tuning as the video demonstrated will pee on you.

Sorry for the rant but your comment was as stupid as I have read in many years on this board. Now I apologize but do not take back what I wrote.

His TT still can beat your bloated 430 though, so he's got scoreboard on YOU.

Wow. Reminds me of elementry school days

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    tortesq1 said:
    C4S,

Victims of what childness? The Z06 will spank you without breaking a sweat. The 430 in its last year of production will stay with you and the new Gallardo probably will take you out. The 997 X51 (to be introduced next year) TT will put you away as will the 996 and 997 GT2.

So what have you bought? A HAS BEEN. Even the 996TT with a little tuning as the video demonstrated will pee on you.

Sorry for the rant but your comment was as stupid as I have read in many years on this board. Now I apologize but do not take back what I wrote.

I have to agree. You'll be looking a long time for a Z06 victim. Nick has some solid points; X50, although likely way overpriced, will put a hurt on the regular turbo. And, as far as the Gallardo and 430 go, well it's mostly a toss up. Porsche's turbo only competes with the 430 and the F-car is basically dated. Great car, but like Nick said, it is due to be replaced with a much faster one that will really hurt the turbo. The turbo is a great car, but come on, don't be blindly brand loyal. I hope you find your turbo to be all that you want it to be, but the only victim, may be you; that being a victim of Porsche and their tip. tranny propaganda.

Quote:
    devo said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    tortesq1 said:
    C4S,

I have to agree. You'll be looking a long time for a Z06 victim. Nick has some solid points; X50, although likely way overpriced, will put a hurt on the regular turbo. And, as far as the Gallardo and 430 go, well it's mostly a toss up. Porsche's turbo only competes with the 430 and the F-car is basically dated. Great car, but like Nick said, it is due to be replaced with a much faster one that will really hurt the turbo. The turbo is a great car, but come on, don't be blindly brand loyal. I hope you find your turbo to be all that you want it to be, but the only victim, may be you; that being a victim of Porsche and their tip. tranny propaganda.

If I encounter a Z06 on the Autobahn, I will want to be in the Turbo - it will spank the Z06 above 250 km/h. Sure, you might say, who drives at such speeds? Pretty much most of Europe . I agree on the F430 being almost as fast as the Turbo, though.

Nberry,

My first impression is that, while you have many posts, you are not a NOW a 997 turbo owner and never will be. My second impression is that you are a jerk who doesn't belong on this listserve. You clearly are a biased Ferrari owner (your avatar says it all). Are you a troll ? Sounds like you should be on Fchat with other similarly situated opinions. Didn't whomever hatched you inform you that if you have nothing nice to say then don't say it ? Calling any specific opinion "stupid" belies your innate ignorance. Calling my comments stupid also sounds like a bit of jealousy. Has your F430 had its ass handed to it by the ZO6 ? Maybe it was just driver experience or skill ? Substantively I disagree with everything you opined to with the exception of the performance of modded vehicles. If you think a stock ZO6 will spank me without breaking a sweat you are sadly misinformed and almost every test (with the exception of Road & Track) would strongly disagree with you, particularly from a dig. The F430/Gallardo are not as fast as the tip 997TT in daily driving. This is a fact. Once again you are WRONG. Furthermore, the F430 and Gallardo are not easily modded and never will be a daily drivers that can handle 10K mile per year and be driven in bad NY winters. Furthermore, from my prior posts you would see that I want to install an EVO stage 4 kit which would make the 997 turbo make your F430 look like the pig it is for nary 2/3 the price. Finally to say the 997 Turbo is a has been makes you sound like a petty spoiled bitch who was been handed everything by mommy and daddy. The 997 turbo just came out last summer and I'm proud to be getting it ! To say that it is a has been again makes you sound like a jealous hater - so step off bitch and go hang out with the pansies on Fchat who are willing to listen to your narrow minded a-hole opinions. Oh yeah I also apologize for my return rant and think you must reevaluate WHY you are on this board. Any questions Mr. Troll ? Did you own a 997 TT and were so disappointed that you sold it ? What makes YOUR opinions any more knowledgable than mine or anyone elses ?

I must say I was little taken back by Nick's assault on your harmless comment about your production date.
    Anyway, mine is built!, waiting for a boat now!

Don't mind nberry, he thinks he's above every single one of us here because he has a Ferrari, more than likely even the Ferrari guys can't stand him and don't welcome him at all, hence he's still here. If we kick him out there won't be anywhere else for him to go but sit in his toilet facing 4 blank walls. WE are doing the world a great service by allowing him to amuse us every now and then with his childish comments and remarks.

On a side note, in stock form, Z06, Gallardo and the 997 Turbo are so close in performance that almost all matches are down to the driver, unless you are in a F430 then you start with a slight handicap, but even then it's almost like spliting hair.

Last, hope all of your cars have a safe passage across the Atlantic

AAwwww..nick's not all that bad! I think he is right but for different reasons...

The reason why I got the idea (floated on OT-board) to buy a clio 192 cup to suppliment my cayman-s is because on narrow winding country lanes one was able to hang with me easily...

I was fretting over stone-chips...he was thrashing the living daylights and having a wail of a time..driven like this the Z06 will be more than a match; 3 words...

Driver.........skill......commitment....

C4S,

When do you expect delivery of your baby ? The wait is killing me. BTW, I used to have a bunch of small fishing boats over the past 15 years (always used as we never had the money to buy new). My brother and I always bought the boats together (he's on his 3rd 911 also). My brother lives in Westchester (he is on staff at Montefiore with an office in the Bronx) and I'm in Nassau so we'd keep our boats in City Island. Our last boat was a 25 Grady White Sailfish. Unfortunately, neither of us have the time anymore to fish (I'm in Court almost every day and he's got nonstop patients/OR's etc.). IMHO, if you have the time, there is no better sport in the world to truly relax than fishing. Anyway, what kind of boat are you waiting for ?

I think C4S meant to say his car is built already but is waiting for a shipping boat to transport it over here.

Quote:
    tortesq1 said:
    Nberry,

My second impression is that you are a jerk who doesn't belong on this listserve. Are you a troll ? Didn't whomever hatched you inform you that if you have nothing nice to say then don't say it ? Calling any specific opinion "stupid" belies your innate ignorance. misinformed and almost every test (with the exception of Road & Track) would strongly disagree with you, particularly from a dig. The F430/Gallardo are not as fast as the tip 997TT in daily driving. This is a fact. Once again you are WRONG. Furthermore, from my prior posts you would see that I want to install an EVO stage 4 kit which would make the 997 turbo make your F430 look like the pig it is for nary 2/3 the price. Finally to say the 997 Turbo is a has been makes you sound like a petty spoiled bitch who was been handed everything by mommy and daddy. To say that it is a has been again makes you sound like a jealous hater - so step off bitch and go hang out with the pansies on Fchat who are willing to listen to your narrow minded a-hole opinions. Troll ?

I really don't care if I am the minority here, but someone has got to step up. Tortesq1, you are clearly off limits and the moderators should examine your reply post. You accuse Nick of name calling and look at what you posted! Maybe Nick responded harshly, maybe not, but in the end it's you that are clearly vulgar..."step off bxxxh"?; "a..hole"?; etc... and you're a lawyer? Give the guy a break. He was just defending his Ferrari, which you so blantantly dismissed as a "victim". His Ferrari will run every bit with your future turbo and might even beat it. And, your statements regarding driving a turbo in harsh NY winters, who cares that the car is capable of it, why would you want to subject the turbo to a harsh, salty NY winter. Essentially, your point is, you know..MOOT. (You're a self proclaimed attorney). Your turbo will be beat, from a stock ZO6, so come to accept it. And if you mod your TT and race a modded ZO6; well... same result. Oh, you cite racing from a "dig", yeah, that happens all the time. And, your tip tranny, it's no faster than the six speed, unless you are from the dig and you greatly abuse your car. Oh, I forgot you will subject you turbo to harsh NY winters, so I guess a little 4k clutch dumping from the dig won't be a big deal. Sorry, but basically, the tip turbos are for those Mercedes guys who converted to Porsche and didn't want a true sports car. Just kidding about the convert Merc. owners.

Yes, sorry should have been more clear.
    Can't we all just get along?

Sure

Devo,

You sound like an intelligent individual whom has formed strong opinions about tip owners, NY winters and me. I won't disagree with your substantive opinions regarding what auto and transmission packages are better and/or faster. Why ? As you are exercising your personal subjective opinions. However, with all due respect, this individual you are defending called my statement stupid, etc. Without repeating what was stated in his post, it is obvious to me that this person is your friend who you will defend regardless of what I say. Furthermore, you should be aware that I can stoop down as low as is necessary to make my point. Am I vulgar when someone calls me and/or my opinion stupid ? Yes. You can insult my car .....its just a material thing. However, when you attack me personally, when you denigrate my opinion because you disagree, then I will take umbrage and I will turn into an animal. So, if we treat ALL of our opinions with mutual respect, whether we agree or not, we shall get along just fine. If not, that would disappoint me, as I truly enjoy most of the opinions on this board.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    tortesq1 said:
    C4S,

Nick,
    Tortesq didn't sound to me like he was looking to send you or anyone else on a rant, like that...everytime I read your posts I can't believe how negative they are..just plain caustic. Why do you respond this way to posts that aren't even directed at you. It's time for you to grow up...or get into amature boxing, or some other high energy sport where you can effectively take out that pent up aggression you seem to have in abundance. Posts like this one, don't make this a better forum. All they do is needlessly agitate negativity and...and thats not good...unless the person reading it, was raised by atilla the hun...lighten up for petes sake

Quote:
    tortesq1 said:
    C4S,

When do you expect delivery of your baby ? The wait is killing me. BTW, I used to have a bunch of small fishing boats over the past 15 years (always used as we never had the money to buy new). My brother and I always bought the boats together (he's on his 3rd 911 also). My brother lives in Westchester (he is on staff at Montefiore with an office in the Bronx) and I'm in Nassau so we'd keep our boats in City Island. Our last boat was a 25 Grady White Sailfish. Unfortunately, neither of us have the time anymore to fish (I'm in Court almost every day and he's got nonstop patients/OR's etc.). IMHO, if you have the time, there is no better sport in the world to truly relax than fishing. Anyway, what kind of boat are you waiting for ?

The Grady White 25 Sailfish is one hell of a fishing machine. My brother and I bought a 24 Grady in 1993 and still own it today. The 25 is in another league (ours is a single engine with a 15hp kicker). I think the 25 has a 10 foot beam, the 24 is 8 feet and is meant to be trailerable although we keep it in the marina harbor. Great fishing boats and I too wish I hadn't slacked off with the fishing in the past few years. Grady White Boats and Porsche are 2 icons representing one of the best in their fields. C4s was referring to a carrier that transports automobiles across the Atlantic. Looks like his car didn't have to wait long at all to board one. Some cars can wait up to 3 weeks before hitching a ride, and that can really make your patients run thin!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781904 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442837 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263486 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261900 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85979 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6008 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881661 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819643 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM