Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: sorry Nick - tongue in cheek

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Just to show you my objectivity, I will tell I do not drive my 430 in the rain. If it threatens rain, I do not take it out. If I cannot drive it with the top down for any reason, it stays in. I am not certain if the windshield wipers work.

It is not because the car cannot handle the rain but because I view the car as a diversion and sanctuary for me. A Ferrari, at least to me, is not a workhorse but a reward for hard work and a job well done(sometimes ). It is my toy and adult Disneyland.

BTW, any AWD drive car is FAR better than a car without AWD in the rain and snow.

So we found something to agree on...the 997tt is AWD and FAR better in the rain just when I was beginning to think the quest for objectivity was hopeless, the sun shines through the clouds Nick, you are very agreeable today...looks good on you

Quote:
    It is so hilarious how you guys are SO IN DENIAL, yapping about how the Porsche is faster at 180 due to ONE test IN THE RAIN, yet there is a video on the first page of a Z06 BLOWING away the 997 TT from a 35-170.

Umm, which video is that?

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Handling doesnt matter guys.

Now I know how Simon Cowell must feel at auditions... The 997tt is roughly 400#'s of luxury heavier than a car with more horsepower and it manages the N'ring faster (on dry tarmac) than the Z06 but yet handling doesn't matter. Whats this world coming too

Quote:
    Texas911 said:
    Quote:
    It is so hilarious how you guys are SO IN DENIAL, yapping about how the Porsche is faster at 180 due to ONE test IN THE RAIN, yet there is a video on the first page of a Z06 BLOWING away the 997 TT from a 35-170.

Surely not this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyKVCx-VO-U

Quote:
    LoranTw said:
    Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Handling doesnt matter guys.

Now I know how Simon Cowell must feel at auditions... The 997tt is roughly 400#'s of luxury heavier than a car with more horsepower and it manages the N'ring faster (on dry tarmac) than the Z06 but yet handling doesn't matter. Whats this world coming too

There is a misunderstood. I was trying to mention handling doesnt matter for rainy days, because most of us do not drive our cars in rainy days.

Except this of course handling is important. I was trying to do irony.
    Sorry if my poor English misunderstood.

I understood what you were getting at... I was just having fun. cheers

Quote:
    LoranTw said:
    I understood what you were getting at... I was just having fun. cheers

Quote:
    Fadis_z said:
    Wow, all these posts still going on.

Keep on arguing fellas. You will soon learn that refering back to one test in the rain over and over again is not going to save you in the real world when you get your ass handed to you by a Z06.

Keep on arguing...

Keep going, newbie. Here's an excerpt from the AMS test:

Der rauhe Belag des VW-Hochgeschwindigkeitskurses von Ehra-Lessien verbessert die Traktion der Reifen, deswegen fallen die Beschleunigungswerte meistens etwas besser aus als in anderen Tests.

Die angegebene Höchstgeschwindigkeit von 320 km/h schaffte der Testwagen nicht ganz. Er ist aber das preiswerteste Über-300 km/h-Auto und hat einen für Supersportwagen sagenhaft großen Kofferraum von 634 Litern.

Wet conditions had absolutely nothing to do with the test.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Fadis_z said:

Keep on arguing fellas. You will soon learn that refering back to one test in the rain over and over again is not going to save you in the real world when you get your ass handed to you by a Z06.

Keep on arguing...

Der rauhe Belag des VW-Hochgeschwindigkeitskurses von Ehra-Lessien verbessert die Traktion der Reifen, deswegen fallen die Beschleunigungswerte meistens etwas besser aus als in anderen Tests.

Die angegebene Höchstgeschwindigkeit von 320 km/h schaffte der Testwagen nicht ganz. Er ist aber das preiswerteste Über-300 km/h-Auto und hat einen für Supersportwagen sagenhaft großen Kofferraum von 634 Litern.

Crash, Go get em

Quote:
    Fadis_z said:

Keep on arguing...

I can only speak for myself. I have enough of that nonsense of yours. Trolls are not welcome here

Temperature is raising here!!

for anyone here consider this:

you were at a dealer right now and you oculd pick EITHER the TT or the Z06.
    If you chioce was the corvette then you are in the wrong place, much like if you were driving on some road that turned windy!

byebye all of you enjoy your cars as we do ours!

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Fadis_z said:

Keep on arguing...

I can only speak for myself. I have enough of that nonsense of yours. Trolls are not welcome here

Quote:
    LoranTw said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Fadis_z said:

Keep on arguing...

Crash, Go get em

Just posting the facts, Loran. The 599 tested did the best 0-200 and 0-300 km/h times recorded so far, as did the Lambo LP640. The Corvette was fast as hell as well, but it would seem that "rainy" conditions only affect acceleration at higher speeds and onlx cars that aren't German, Italian, or Fords for that matter . And at that, only when it comes to speeds over 250 km/h. That's some pretty clever rain .

4 days, 7 pages and 1500+ views

can someone pass me the popcorns? this is way better than primetime tv

Quote:
    Whoopsy said:

Quote:
    Atzporsche said:

!

If I couldn't afford the Porsche I'd prefer to walk.

Quote:
    Whoopsy said:

I posted 3 links above showing 3 totally different times for the Z06 and 997 T. Why can't you guys stop using just one article? It would appear that in 3/4 of the articles that the Z06 is quicker and faster than a Manual 997 Turbo. The 997 TT Turbo is just as quick on paper in the 1/4 mile, but with 1-2mph slower. The top speed has been tested in more than 1 article being above the 997 Turbo (didn't say if it was a manual or TT), then I read another article saying reverse. Sooooo, stop picking just one article that relates to what you want.

...and for what it's worth I favor the 997 T more than Z06, but I'm not blind or shallow. I can read all the various articles and watch all the various videos. Just as a V6 Honda Accord can out run my BMW (straight line, on paper, so they say) for half the price, I don't care, it's half the car in every other area...just ask any lady

Quote:
    Atzporsche said:

If you chioce was the corvette then you are in the wrong place, much like if you were driving on some road that turned windy!

byebye all of you enjoy your cars as we do ours!

The combined cost of ONE Z06 and ONE 987S = ONE 997TT

Owning 2 cars illegal anywhere yet?

thx Crash

GForceSS: think u mis-quoted me? :P

How about we stop arguing on fractions of a second or 1-2 mph?

Driver errors can and will covered those errors and for all intends and purposes the 997TT and Z06 are quite equal in performance but tailored to different price brackets. Z06 will always be king in Corvette forums and the Turbo will always be king in Porsche forums but either car will still get their respects in the other forum just because of the performance.

but those Ferrari 430s on the other hand.....

-it's slower than Z06 in the dry,
    -slower than 997TT in the wet,
    -reported to be less reliable than either,
    -and the worst part: it cannot be driven!!!! 'excess' milage on a Ferrari KILLS the 'perceived' re-sale value. Since Ferrari owners only cares about how their car's value 'appreciate' with time, they CANNOT drive their cars. How stupid is that.

Now here is the kicker, I realise that since Ferrari owners cannot drive their Ferraris, they spend all day trolling other brand's boards and dissing the members there or blowing their own horns in the Ferrari boards.

When the new Viper arrives I'm not so sure it be King, the GT2 will be here as well. However neither the Viper or GT2 is a daily drive car which the Z06 is and even more so the 997TT. To me the King is a car I can drive daily to and from work in all weather conditions and go long trips, IMO the Viper has never been a daily drive. Being an engineer that ownes a 997TT, I've always been impressed with the engineering Porsche accomplishes. How many years (since the mid 60s) have we heard that the 911 can't compete with other sports cars because of it's rear bias and small flat 6? Yet Porsche engineers seem to find a way the make the 911 better and better, and still today it is considered the icon of sports cars.

The Viper leans heavly towards the track, the Z06 near the middle (maybe a little towards the track) and Porsche 997TT in the middle a little more towards the street (GT style).

All are great cars where they are targeted, however I wouldn't crown the Viper King just yet. We may all get spanked by some kid in a tuned Skyline GTR someday!!

Mike

15 pages later and I don't understand why? These 2 cars are more different than similiar? Why do we give this comparison that much thought? Porsche is a much better all around daily driver. I am familiar with Corvette and have no intention of going back. 2 very different beasts!

Quote:
    mawyatt said:
    When the new Viper arrives I'm not so sure it be King, the GT2 will be here as well. However neither the Viper or GT2 is a daily drive car which the Z06 is and even more so the 997TT. To me the King is a car I can drive daily to and from work in all weather conditions and go long trips, IMO the Viper has never been a daily drive. Being an engineer that ownes a 997TT, I've always been impressed with the engineering Porsche accomplishes. How many years (since the mid 60s) have we heard that the 911 can't compete with other sports cars because of it's rear bias and small flat 6? Yet Porsche engineers seem to find a way the make the 911 better and better, and still today it is considered the icon of sports cars.

The Viper leans heavly towards the track, the Z06 near the middle (maybe a little towards the track) and Porsche 997TT in the middle a little more towards the street (GT style).

All are great cars where they are targeted, however I wouldn't crown the Viper King just yet. We may all get spanked by some kid in a tuned Skyline GTR someday!!

Mike

Well said, and I can only imagine the pissing contests that will ensue here and over at Corvetteforum when the new Viper comes out.

I don't think we'll have to be worried about some teenager in a GTR anytime soon. With a $70K price tag I doubt many of them will be able to afford it!

Quote:
    Walter said:
    Quote:
    Texas911 said:
    Quote:

that videos comical. The guy runs the quarter mile in 12.8 in the Z06. That's some of the worst driving i've seen. I did a 12.1 my first run ever. Now I have a hard time keeping it above 11.4 so I don't get kicked off the track. The GT3 is a much better car to compare to the Z. It's a better track car for sure. Easier to drive. I'm interested to see the upcoming Z07. That's going to be a killer car.

Alot of folks have said that maybe the Japanese guys might not be used to shifting with their right hands. Any European brethren here that can attest to finding it dificult when on the other side?

My dad has a right hand drive Miata he brought back from Japan and I have no problem driving on the other side at all. Just wondering if anyone else had any opinion/experience on this.

Re: You saw what happened to Porsche Boy at 6speed

yeah so me and a buddy after watching the origional posted video, could not let this go. Im sure all of you have seen the first posted video here, if not this will not make much sense!
    anyways here's our version or should i say "add on" to the origional clip! ENJOY

http://www.freewebs.com/aaronpuppedesign

Quote:
    355Spider said:
    Quote:
    Walter said:
    Quote:
    Texas911 said:
    Quote:

that videos comical. The guy runs the quarter mile in 12.8 in the Z06. That's some of the worst driving i've seen. I did a 12.1 my first run ever. Now I have a hard time keeping it above 11.4 so I don't get kicked off the track. The GT3 is a much better car to compare to the Z. It's a better track car for sure. Easier to drive. I'm interested to see the upcoming Z07. That's going to be a killer car.

And why would the video in the first post be more "credible" than this one?

Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    yeah so me and a buddy after watching the origional posted video, could not let this go. Im sure all of you have seen the first posted video here, if not this will not make much sense!
    anyways here's our version or should i say "add on" to the origional clip! ENJOY

That was pretty funny

Quote:
    Walter said:
    Quote:
    355Spider said:
    Quote:
    Walter said:
    Quote:
    Texas911 said:
    Quote:

And why would the video in the first post be more "credible" than this one?

It isn't. Who knows how good the drivers were in each car. I know from my own persoanl experience that If I were driving each one of those cars on a drag strip the Z06 would win pretty easily. It's quite a bit faster. I've driven both and I like both in different ways but the Z06 is definately faster.

Quote:
    Atzporsche said:

Haha that was good.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    809722 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    450746 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    268112 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    91215 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    8028 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

889222 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    841620 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM