Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 996 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

my 996 turbo "accident"

Last 2 week I had an accident, I was driving at 140km and a car hit me from the rear wheel on the left side, and I tottaly losed the control, so I hit a concerete blocks then the car get off from the street and turn 360 2 time`s in the air, then we land and hit another concerete blocks !! .. I was really shocked !! it is LADA or PORSCHE !! . Now the car well sale it to the rubbish waste !! I was planning to get the new 997 turbo, but now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks at the picture`s it`s like am driving over 300km !! what a car

Re: my 996 turbo "accident"

Whoa that sucks , but at least you lived through it

hehe yeah thanks God that am okay (Y)

Quote:
    Mc-SPeeD said:
    I was really shocked !! it is LADA or PORSCHE !! . Now the car well sale it to the rubbish waste !! I was planning to get the new 997 turbo, but now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks at the picture`s it`s like am driving over 300km !! what a car

I'm glad you're okay, but do yourself a favor and don't buy another performance car. You will get yourself killed, because you obviously don't understand the capabilities and the limitations of such machines.

Quote:
    Mc-SPeeD said:
    Last 2 week I had an accident, I was driving at 140km and a car hit me from the rear wheel on the left side, and I tottaly losed the control, so I hit a concerete blocks then the car get off from the street and turn 360 2 time`s in the air, then we land and hit another concerete blocks !! .. I was really shocked !! it is LADA or PORSCHE !! . Now the car well sale it to the rubbish waste !! I was planning to get the new 997 turbo, but now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks at the picture`s it`s like am driving over 300km !! what a car

Well, that was the last thing I EVER, EVER thought I'd read after someone crashes at 140km/h against a pile of rocks and comes out clean! You probably have too much money in your hands but believe me you can never have too much health. People down there in the middle-east really think differently...

Good luck, sir!

I think you're way too harsh, Crash. Whether they are driving a Porsche or Lada, whether they were driving at 70 or 150 kph, nobody could recover if someone hits them in a corner on a public road.
    On the other hand, I'm pretty sure a Porsche is much less dangerous at 140 kph than a Lada.

Mc SPeeD, I'm glad you lived to tell the tale. You can thank your Porsche for that. I often hear people complain that their car was ruined after an accident; they say the car wasn't solid and safe enough. But the opposite is true: the car was designed to bear the brunt of the crash energy so they didn't have to.
    I much prefer to see a driver walking away from a ruined Porsche, than a driver turned into jelly inside a barely-dented body-on-frame SUV.

The very fact that you walked away from such an accident is the best argument to replace your 996 with a 997.

Quote:
    The Groom said:
    I think you're way too harsh, Crash. Whether they are driving a Porsche or Lada, whether they were driving at 70 or 150 kph, nobody could recover if someone hits them in a corner on a public road.
    On the other hand, I'm pretty sure a Porsche is much less dangerous at 140 kph than a Lada.

Mc SPeeD, I'm glad you lived to tell the tale. You can thank your Porsche for that. I often hear people complain that their car was ruined after an accident; they say the car wasn't solid and safe enough. But the opposite is true: the car was designed to bear the brunt of the crash energy so they didn't have to.
    I much prefer to see a driver walking away from a ruined Porsche, than a driver turned into jelly inside a barely-dented body-on-frame SUV.

The very fact that you walked away from such an accident is the best argument to replace your 996 with a 997.

That was exactly my point, Groom! Everybody, except for maybe the most accomplished race driver would crash, but he goes on to rant about the Porsche being disappointing ("is this a Porsche or a Lada?"), how damaged it was in the crash, etc.
    It wasn't his skill I was referring to, but his attitude. Hitting a concrete isle with metal tubing at 140 km/h, then hitting several others but survivingf without a scratch and then calling the car disappointing simply speaks volumes of the driver's character.

Let me recap: grazing another car at 140 km/h, hitting several immovable solid objects and surviving - and he thinks the car is bad . Give me a break! And all of this in a crowded residential area.

I don't like to see a Porsche in this state, but I do have to say that your Turbo took a huge bullet for you. I really would like to see some other sports cars take two spins in the air and a landing as well as your Turbo did and it only resulted in being pretty shaken up.

Sorry to hear about your Turbo but most importantly your safe.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    The Groom said:

That was exactly my point, Groom! Everybody, except for maybe the most accomplished race driver would crash, but he goes on to rant about the Porsche being disappointing ("is this a Porsche or a Lada?"), how damaged it was in the crash, etc.
    It wasn't his skill I was referring to, but his attitude. Hitting a concrete isle with metal tubing at 140 km/h, then hitting several others but survivingf without a scratch and then calling the car disappointing simply speaks volumes of the driver's character.

Let me recap: grazing another car at 140 km/h, hitting several immovable solid objects and surviving - and he thinks the car is bad . Give me a break! And all of this in a crowded residential area.

Totally agree, Crash.

Notice too, the windshield (windscreen) is INTACT!

al7amdullilah 3ala alsalama....ma tshuf sharr

that fact that ur still typing proves that porsche has an excellent safety system. i doubt that a Lada will offer similar protection.

i also doubt that u were driving at 140 kmh, looks more like 180+

hoping that god protects u

Thanks all for your replay`s.
    1-Crash.. am not a profetonal driver, and I don`t think so that you are .. Now am still planning to get the new turbo 997"enshalah". I understand the capabilities and the limitations of my car, and I was driving at 140km and the car hit me from the back!!. I was on my way man.. Take it easy :-D .

2-Kiko. Thanks God that am okay, and be sure who buy a Porsche car his not a poor guy ;-Pp So .. .. , and we who are in the Middle East does not think different, but what I think, that I bought a car coast 40,000 KD, and I had an accident at 140km and now I can`t fixed it, and they told me that the coast will be more than 30,000 KD, !, So they told me, that they are not sure that this car well be the same as I drove it. !!

3-The Groom, yeah I know that Porsche can`t compair it with Lada"Hello" it`s just a joke ;-P .. Yup you are right am thinking now to replace it with 997.

4-Porsche930S, yeah me 2, I don`t like to see a Porsche in this stat. I know that my turbo took a huge huge bullet for my safety, and I really loved this car, it`s one of my best friend ;-(.

5-Turbo Al, yeah the windshield it`s automaticly went down for the passenger safety that his head does not hit the window, it`s an awesome .. ..

6-Oxanian, alah esalmik, wel shar maieak. I know that Porsche has the excellent safety, I agree with you, but what I want to say it`s not only about the safety it`s the body 2 "tottaly wicked" . Yeah you say it. It`s like I was driving more than 180km ;S.

#am not talking about the safety. I know that Porsche has the best safety !!. that is the first reason that my parents bought it!. I talk about it seems like I was driving more than 200km!!!! looks at the picture`s !!

Looks at the passenger seat!! can you explainging it !!
    pic`s Number: #3 , #5 ,and #7

Quote:
    Mc-SPeeD said:
    Thanks all for your replay`s.
    1-Crash.. am not a profetonal driver, and I don`t think so that you are .. Now am still planning to get the new turbo 997"enshalah". I understand the capabilities and the limitations of my car, and I was driving at 140km and the car hit me from the back!!. I was on my way man.. Take it easy :-D .

2-Kiko. Thanks God that am okay, and be sure who buy a Porsche car his not a poor guy ;-Pp So .. .. , and we who are in the Middle East does not think different, but what I think, that I bought a car coast 40,000 KD, and I had an accident at 140km and now I can`t fixed it, and they told me that the coast will be more than 30,000 KD, !, So they told me, that they are not sure that this car well be the same as I drove it. !!

3-The Groom, yeah I know that Porsche can`t compair it with Lada"Hello" it`s just a joke ;-P .. Yup you are right am thinking now to replace it with 997.

4-Porsche930S, yeah me 2, I don`t like to see a Porsche in this stat. I know that my turbo took a huge huge bullet for my safety, and I really loved this car, it`s one of my best friend ;-(.

5-Turbo Al, yeah the windshield it`s automaticly went down for the passenger safety that his head does not hit the window, it`s an awesome .. ..

6-Oxanian, alah esalmik, wel shar maieak. I know that Porsche has the excellent safety, I agree with you, but what I want to say it`s not only about the safety it`s the body 2 "tottaly wicked" . Yeah you say it. It`s like I was driving more than 180km ;S.

#am not talking about the safety. I know that Porsche has the best safety !!. that is the first reason that my parents bought it!. I talk about it seems like I was driving more than 200km!!!! looks at the picture`s !!

MC Speed, that was my point. None of us would be able to recover in that situation, so don't blame it on the car - it was irrecoverable. However, what scares me is the fact that you complain how the car looks at 140 km/h - trust me, if it didn't look so deformed, you'd be dead from the G-forces. Cars aren't meant to be driven after being crashed at 140 km/h - they go to the scrap pile, regardless of make or value.
    Just one question: how old are you? 20? 30?
    Hopefully you don't take offense, but you have to realize that the situation you found yourself in could have killed you - the car did its job and now youŕe typing messages to us.

Thanks Crash for your replay, I tottalt agree with you, but think of it. If i had an accidednt at 200km!! of course i`ll be dead! because at 140km look at the car!!.

am 19 years old.:)

Lucky that it was a pole you hit at 140 KM and not a wall.

This is a pic of my brother's 996 that hit a Wall at 100 KM's.

OuCh!!, am sorry about your brother car, but is he OK! I hope that.

Thanks for your replay

Quote:
    Mc-SPeeD said:
    Thanks Crash for your replay, I tottalt agree with you, but think of it. If i had an accidednt at 200km!! of course i`ll be dead! because at 140km look at the car!!.

am 19 years old.:)

The point is that the car absorbs the impact by deforming. If it remained the same shape, you would be dead. Trust me, at 200 km/h, there wouldn't be much left of the car at all. You hit a divider at 140 km/h, then bounced of several others before coming to a stop. Get the 997TT and enjoy yourself. However, might I suggest a performance driving school? It won't hurt you to know exactly what to do with the car.

Thanks Crash for your replay.

WoW, one of the most shocking post in here !..

Im glad you are ok, it just brokes my heart watchting that, but most important thing is that you where not seriously injured, remeber that cars can be replaced!!!!.....

If a car rear ended you, I must imagine that insurance will pay the total right???

again glad you are OK !!!

Salaam Mc-SPeeD...

You said your Turbo was your "friend" - I think in this case your friend saved your life, and this is a testament to Porsche engineering for safety.

The fact that you are still here and were not hurt is the most important thing - as others have said, your car can be replaced, your life cannot...

Here's some of the hundreds of videos around showing some of the middle east finest...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsg8CFi8kIc

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5690803522855498567&q=arab+drifting

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9118143784820263416&q=arab+drifting

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8525962709191036457&q=arab+drifting

These 2 are very graphic

[url=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5107653974746566254&q=arab+drifting]

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=291976172600745613&q=arab+drifting

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5107653974746566254&q=arab+drifting[/url]

I know what it would happen if they chalenged the cops like these in the us, watch this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7395302441168311001&q=arab+drifting

Truth has to be said these people (in the videoa) MUST have the biggest (you know what) or a complete lack of respect for human life associated with a strong death attraction.

Quote:
    Mc-SPeeD said:
    OuCh!!, am sorry about your brother car, but is he OK! I hope that.

Thanks for your replay

Yeah He was fine,

He walked away from this.

Thanks all for your replays ;-).

1-Alex18_996cc: yes I know that the car can be replaced ;-D, and the insurance they will pay, but not that much ;-S. it`s like 20% or 30%.

2-boytronic: Wa3aliko0om el salam, yeah my friend"turbo" really saved my ass ;-). As I said am not talking only about the Porsche safety because I know that Porsche has the perfect safety way ;-Pp. yup thanks God tham am okay! ;-D.

3-Kiko: yeah your right that people are lack of respect, am with you. By the way people who did this crazy things are in Soudia Aribia it`s small village, even the Soudia Aribia people are shocked about that stupid people, so what did you think about the Middile easter people thinks about this things!, and you can`t say that all middille easter are like them because in every country there is bad things and the good things, so please don`t take point against the middile easter people because you didn`t know them as well, and if I want to look only on the bad way "crazy driver" it`s can`t be finish!. For example, GuMBaLL 3000, how many cars are crashed! how many poeple are injured, how many poeple killed!. I hope you get my idea, and am with you about this vidoes those people are so stupid and lack of respect.

4-Candor Man: Thanks God that your brother is OK!.

At the end of the day you walked away, if you'd have been in some family car you may now be here.

Porsches are designed to be strong in high speed crashes after all they are driven at high speeds on the autobahn.

you can be thankful the porsche took the shock and your walking away from such an accident, sad to see nice cars get totaled but you can buy another one.

the porsche has saved your life, this just shows how strong the porsches are..

Even looking at when benjamin keaton crashed his gt on the track, unfourunetly it killed him but the passanger cell still remained intact despite the shock of hitting concrete, obviously the internal organs can't cope with those types of high speed to zero impacts.

MC-Speed
    Well Salam first & Eid Mubarak we hamedalaah 3ala Salamah that you walked away from that accident. Maybe its good thing that you will get a 997TT , i can see that you were doing maybe over 120 or 140 the rear wing was up.
    Anyway speed safe now

hey all . Thanks for your replay.

1-911digital: yes you are tottaly right about how Prsche are strong, and am sorry about benjamin keaton.

2-Oman911turbo: wa3likom elsalam, ayamik sa3eda o alah esalmik.. and about the rear wing am always keep him up ;-D

You should get yourself a cage in your next car... a helmet and hans device wouldn't be too much to ask for either. Drive safe.

How long have you been driving performance cars? Did you run a light or did some maniac on drugs ram your car from the back?

Looks like your lucky you walked away.

Stealth haha (Y) .. thanks for your replay and i`ll drive safly & u 2 .

Ryan in SD,Thanks for your replay. a car hit me from the back then I lost the control :S .. yes i am . thanks God that`s am okay

Quote:
    Mc-SPeeD said:
    Stealth haha (Y) .. thanks for your replay and i`ll drive safly & u 2 .

Ryan in SD,Thanks for your replay. a car hit me from the back then I lost the control :S .. yes i am . thanks God that`s am okay

Wait a second? You were doing 140 km/h already when a car hit you from the back? My lawyer would have a field day with this one .

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    780506 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442472 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263274 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261589 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85740 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5891 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881320 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818554 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM