Quote:
The Groom said:
I think you're way too harsh, Crash. Whether they are driving a Porsche or Lada, whether they were driving at 70 or 150 kph, nobody could recover if someone hits them in a corner on a public road.
On the other hand, I'm pretty sure a Porsche is much less dangerous at 140 kph than a Lada.

Mc SPeeD, I'm glad you lived to tell the tale. You can thank your Porsche for that. I often hear people complain that their car was ruined after an accident; they say the car wasn't solid and safe enough. But the opposite is true: the car was designed to bear the brunt of the crash energy so they didn't have to.
I much prefer to see a driver walking away from a ruined Porsche, than a driver turned into jelly inside a barely-dented body-on-frame SUV.

The very fact that you walked away from such an accident is the best argument to replace your 996 with a 997.

That was exactly my point, Groom! Everybody, except for maybe the most accomplished race driver would crash, but he goes on to rant about the Porsche being disappointing ("is this a Porsche or a Lada?"), how damaged it was in the crash, etc.
It wasn't his skill I was referring to, but his attitude. Hitting a concrete isle with metal tubing at 140 km/h, then hitting several others but survivingf without a scratch and then calling the car disappointing simply speaks volumes of the driver's character.

Let me recap: grazing another car at 140 km/h, hitting several immovable solid objects and surviving - and he thinks the car is bad . Give me a break! And all of this in a crowded residential area.