Crown

Forum - Thema

TPC Supercharger vs Evo Supercharger

Any of you know anthing about these two? I know that Evo is a centrifugal charger and the TPC is Roots type... and I understand what all that means... but each place tries to convince me (of course) which is OBVIOUSLY better. What do you all think? Any real world experiences here?

Re: TPC Supercharger vs Evo Supercharger

I must say that I'm absolutely shocked that no one responded to this. Is it an old topic? Or do none of you have superchargers?

Hmm..now that you mention it, you're right I don't think there are many Rennteamers who have yet SC'd their 997.
    Some potentially useful stuff:

-click-EVO

-TPC/996 thread-

-Another TPC/996 thread with video link included in the first post- hey are all SC's this LOUD? (referring to the 'charger, not the rap music)

Thanks for that. I read every word. I have been talking with Quentin at Hendrick Porsche in Charlotte, and think I've made my decision. I have asked him to see if he can get the following for me by Friday:
    Evo Supercharger
    Cargraphic/Tubi/Fabspeed exhaust and headers
    GIAC chip tuning
    Cargraphic Cup full body kit
    and I'm having him put on my H&R Springs and 20s.

I hope it all works out. I'll keep you all posted.

Yep. Just ordered the Evo SC kit. Since no one has done this really on here, I'll keep yall informed!I already have base dyno runs and 1/4 slips to compare the upgrades with.Should be fun!

Quote:
    blakt out said:
    Any of you know anthing about these two? I know that Evo is a centrifugal charger and the TPC is Roots type... and I understand what all that means... but each place tries to convince me (of course) which is OBVIOUSLY better. What do you all think? Any real world experiences here?

I had the TPC installed on my Boxster and ended up with a blown engine one month later, my most expensive mistake so far. My advice, do not do the mod

looking at the mods you're suggesting, I would simply upgrade to the new GT3... it's a no-brainer...

I don't consider that I'm building a GT3. I DO like the looks of the GT3, and that is why I'm going with a similar look. Look at the parts I'm using on the exterior... quite agressive, I must say. Like a GT3. But I see that I'm building more of a... GT2. I'll have possibly 70 more HP than the GT3, will have a back seat, and will have all the comforts of a loaded up C2S. All this, and about the same price as a Turbo... even less. It's what I like. I only want RWD.

Guess there was a reason why no one replied to your first post... no one has really done this - I would never let any aftermarket products on my cars, especially not to the engine.

I know I'm pushing the envelope a bit. We'll see. I LOVE my car. I just want it to be part of me. I modify everything greatly. It'll be fun.

I was almost going for Evo once.. I'm very glad i didn't. GT3 will do it for me

Yall are just SOOOO supportive! Thanks for all the originality!

I'm stoked. Atsabout it. If it blows, I'll put another engine in. Until then, I'll have a charged 3.8L (torque) while you have a really nice 3.6L. WE're all in the same line here.

obviousely you have not read much about the new GT3... the car you're putting together will surely not out-perform the GT3... the GT3 is RWD, and can be ordered with all the luxuries of a C2S... you're spend almost as much as a 997 TT??? that is crazy... let me know how much you get for it on re-sale... hehehe

Maybe I'm not making myself clear. The money means [censored] to me. Sorry that you can't buy an emotional car without losing out to the number crunching pantywaist inside. Sucks for you.

Let me explain myself one more time here, Marwan... hehehe.
    I'll have more torque than a GT3. I'll have the acceleration that's better than the GT3. If you loaded up a GT3 with 'all the luxuries' of a loaded C2S, then the handling difference wouldn't be much different... weight related at least. And lastly, my car will... to me... be prettier, and more unique. Any toolbox can buy a nice car, such as a GT3. I will respect the car, but I won't immediately respect the driver. Maybe it's you for all I know. But if someone assembled this car that I am, I will understand their tastes and personalities. In this case, I obviously (spelled correctly here, you should note) would respect the driver's tastes, not just his ability to buy a nice car. If all I cared about was resale, then I would never modify anything... but I don't. I keep my cars, and when I want something else, I buy it. Oh. And I just turned 28 yesterday . I want to show my future son what I was all about when I was 28... then move down the garage to whatever I built at 30... and so on. Sorry to disappoint. I don't care to argue on these terms. They don't matter to me in the least.

Quote:
    blakt out said:
    Maybe I'm not making myself clear. The money means [censored] to me. Sorry that you can't buy an emotional car without losing out to the number crunching pantywaist inside. Sucks for you.

Let me explain myself one more time here, Marwan... hehehe.
    I'll have more torque than a GT3. I'll have the acceleration that's better than the GT3. If you loaded up a GT3 with 'all the luxuries' of a loaded C2S, then the handling difference wouldn't be much different... weight related at least. And lastly, my car will... to me... be prettier, and more unique. Any toolbox can buy a nice car, such as a GT3. I will respect the car, but I won't immediately respect the driver. Maybe it's you for all I know. But if someone assembled this car that I am, I will understand their tastes and personalities. In this case, I obviously (spelled correctly here, you should note) would respect the driver's tastes, not just his ability to buy a nice car. If all I cared about was resale, then I would never modify anything... but I don't. I keep my cars, and when I want something else, I buy it. Oh. And I just turned 28 yesterday . I want to show my future son what I was all about when I was 28... then move down the garage to whatever I built at 30... and so on. Sorry to disappoint. I don't care to argue on these terms. They don't matter to me in the least.

You do'nt have to explain yourself one more time.
    Money means nothing to you ( therefore you are stupid)
    The opinion of those on this web site ,which YOU solicited
    means nothing to you ( therefore you are ignorant )
    And since you already ordered the stupid thing , any further discussions about it are POINTLESS.
    So go ahead and DO IT already. Gheeesh

I think if you go over to 6speedonline.com You will find a couple of 997S owners with SC. One is a Mexican blue 997S that is sweet. I believe that one had a 542hp figure at the crank.

OK. Done with this. Sorry to have made everyone all get up in a tizzy. I really am. I thought there would be people who would be able to chip in on some info before I ordered, which is when this post was started. I also love hearing what people would do to a car that I love... mod-wise. I'm a redneck at heart. I didn't start this thing being hateful. Oh well. jcs... I read your post and I actually think you have some points... kind of. Money means something to me, or I couldn't have this car. But this car is one of the reasons money matters to me. So I don't want to skimp on it. That's all. I believe in personalization... expression through a car. It's a disease, I guess. I never thought this would be a hate post, but a post where others will be able to chip in on their experiences with similar products and such. I understand how it sounded like money doesn't matter. I hate that. Anyways, I do care what people think... about the mods that is... not if they are cost effective. There hasn't been one sensible, kind opinion on here, so who's really callous and ignorant? Who's happy inside, really? I just didn't expect this. I am doing it, by the way. I don't take a poll to see what everyone would do and then do what democratically wins. I do care about people's thoughts and opinions. I just don't understand bubble busters. Sorry again.

Mexico Blue's car is awesome. I love it so much. I'm doing all this... and think his car will likely look better. Oh well. Here's an instance where two totally different looks come into my appreciation. He's a custom killer RUF-like blue with no body add-ons and I'm covered in fiberglass and carbon with black everything. It's all different. That's what I appreciate.

blakt out, don't sweat it. It's the web, everyone's going to toss in remarks from different perspectives-- ranging from encouraging to antagonistic. As of yesterday, I've got a 2007 Shelby GT500 Cobra on order for late this Fall, my first experience with a supercharger. I figure the Shelby will make a nice complement as a Battle Mace/numchucks installed alongside my 997S laser scalpel.

I want to see how your project turns out, especially the cargraphic pieces, dyno #'s and 1/4 mile times, etc... plz post the results.

The risk is the risk. If the engine has a weak link it would probably manifest itself at some point anyway whether you had supercharged it or not...of course the difference unfortunately being that a dealer would reflexively attribute a warrantied moving parts' failure to the SC kit. Sounds like you're okay with that, so don't get bogged down here by your detractors, press forward and GIT 'ER DONE! Post some after-mod time slips, hopefully those Avus wheels won't arrive weighing 35 lbs. each & sacrifice tenths off the stopwatch!

Damian,

Much appreciated. I'm putting Hoosiers on the stock black Carrera S wheels... 19s. Not really for the drag strip, but for Road Atlanta. They'll be good for a few comparative launches at the drags though. I'll be sure to post. Thanks again.

FWIW there are two supercharged 997 S's on the Rennlist boards. Can't recall both screen names but one for certain is Mexico Blue. He posts pretty regularly so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Quote:
    blakt out said:
    Damian,

Much appreciated. I'm putting Hoosiers on the stock black Carrera S wheels... 19s. Not really for the drag strip, but for Road Atlanta. They'll be good for a few comparative launches at the drags though. I'll be sure to post. Thanks again.

Let me know when you plan on going to Road Atlanta. I'm a stone's throw from there nearly every day and would love to see your car after the mods.

GA,
    I just signed up my SCCA licensing course at Panoz. Sept 8-10 with the 11th as a track day. I'm checking to see if I can get out there sooner with my car. As you know, I can't drive mine on these days, but some iteration of an Esperante. Do you know of a time I can come w/o an SCCA license? Maybe a PCA day?

One final link-- to some very discreetly done mods click LINK: 997S lowered w/Cargraphic springs + splitter, EVO SC, etc... to see the pics you must be registered user, well worth it.

Evo sc has proven is reliability with more than hundred of installations, go for it, you will like it

And let all haters hate you, they'll see your car and will puts hand down when it's done !

For exhaust i'd rather go with awe tuning full exhaust system(very true merged headers).

Thank for living your passion, keep us updated.

ps:sorry fo my poor english

Damian... that's a killer car you sent me to see. I am REALLY GLAD to hear he's happy thus far.

Jiaim... your English was fine. No notice at all until you mentioned it... which just made me look at your location. Anyways, thanks for the support. I was about to give up on this list!

you posted a subject on a forum, where people give and take, and express opinions... I just read your reply... thank God there are very few members who take things personal and react the way you did... wish you the best of luck with whatever porsche you buy, and whatever mods. you do to it!!!

dude.. youre probabley rich, why don't you go with RUF RT12 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXDZDcjgZAE&search=ruf

[image]http://www.rennteam.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2572&size=big&sort=1&cat=500[/image]

OK guys. The car is off pace to get today. The Rinspeed stuff (rear bumper and side skirts) are held up in customs in Long Beach. The Cargraphic stuff got all messed up and won't be in until Monday... hopefully. This Cargraphic stuff includes the rear wing/decklid. With this charger, the decklid has to be modified (trimmed a bit on the inside) for it to shut. So I've told them not to trim the stock one. The tech just drove it around all redneck like (due to having no deck lid) and wrote me an email saying "it's definitely Turbo fast. Really. It feels like the tires want to break loose from 3500 to 5500 rpm." That's pretty cool. We'll see.

I'm not rich. I just spend too much on cars. I didn't go with the Ruf because I can't afford it. This is too fun anyways.

Marwan. You caught me on a bad day last time and your comments flipped my switch. I just couldn't figure out why you would say all that. Anyways, sorry. Hope you have a good one. No worries.

I'll get more stuff up on here as soon as I get it. I hope to pick up the car on Tuesday now. We'll see.

The rims look nice, I hope the modifications live up to what you expect. Let us know, and be safe!!!

Bearbeiten

Forum

Board Betreff Letzter Beitrag Bewertung Views Antworten
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 15.05.24 08:44
    art.italy
    805665 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 07.04.24 11:48
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449092 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 12.03.24 08:28
    DJM48
    266713 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 30.01.24 09:18
    RCA
    90290 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 15.03.24 13:23
    CGX car nut
    6941 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 01.02.24 19:01
    Pilot

886660 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 23.07.23 19:01
    Grant
    835355 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 21.04.24 11:50