Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Monaco Grand Prix

Only one thing to talk about really - what the hell did Schumi think he was doing today? Does he think people are THAT stupid that they would believe the BS he was saying in the post-qualification press conference.

He has been stripped of his pole position and must start from last. Given that Massa crashed at the start of qualification, this has already been a disastrous GP for Ferrari. Shame on the drivers and the team.

Re: Monaco Grand Prix

Amazing, well he won't do it again...

pardon the ignorance, but what happened?!???!?!

Quote:
    igzaklee said:
    pardon the ignorance, but what happened?!???!?!

Schumacher stopped in the middle of the track after his run, obviously to prevent other drivers from setting a faster time.

Is there a F1 Mr. Congeniality award?

"I hope it was a mistake because, if not, it was really unsporting, but at other circuits a little error like that puts you in the gravel, not like here where you're in the wall. Probably only two or three people know the truth.
    But if people complain about him then they should have been quicker than him in the first place" - Webber

whatever first, i am so agree with Webber.

FIA looked at the telemetry data and concluded that there was no reason MS applied this much force on the brakes at that particular moment in that place on the track. Funny how also he stopped a hair short from damaging the car.

Except for Webber, all the other pilots think he did it on purpose. Shame on him.

Of course pilots could have been faster before, but these last laps are the fastest because of the rubber laid on the track and lowest fuel load...

Telemetry doesn't lie. He can be a great driver but its hard to separate that from the low scum person that he is. I could never support a driver that can do such things, and lets rmemember that this is not the first time.

I belive that Damon Hill will never forget the way Schumi won his first world title! But, his second scum attempt against J.Villeneuve was(thank God!) a huge disaster for him... Villeneuve won the title that year!

Final starting grid:

1. Alonso 2. Webber
    3. Raikkonen 4. Montoya
    5. Barrichello 6. Trulli
    7. Coulthard 8. Rosberg
    9. Fisichella 10. R Schumacher
    11. Klien 12. Liuzzi
    13. Button 14. Villeneuve
    15. Heidfeld 16. Albers
    17. Monteiro 18. Speed
    19. Sato 20. Montagny
    21. Massa 22. M Schumacher

The other drivers in the grid were saying that they weren't going out to race if something wasn't done about what Shummy did. A couple years ago Ferrari would get away with anything, including this sort of cheating, but seems like shummi doesn't know that seems to be more in the past. They were warned previously this year about using ilegal flexing wings on the front that they were caught using, Ferrari changed them and that was it, but this is ridiculous.

I agree with you Carlos!

ALL the drivers were unanimous, they said there was no need to look at the telemetry, anybody who has driven an F1 in Monaco knows that it was completely obvious without the least doubt.

Even the spectators were booing Schumacher on site and after when he was leaving the track to go rest. It was embarrasing for Forumula One. Schumacher is a great driver but a mediocre actor Everybody also says that if its wasn't schumy/ferrari the sanction would have been much worse than just being on the back of the grip for a GP.

Schumacher's top five:

1* Schumy purposedly collides and pushes Damond Hill out of the track in order to take the championship form him.
    2* Schumy tries the same with Villenueve but the stunt does not work for him this time and is also punished with the loss of all point earned up to date on that season.
    3* 2002 Barichello is "ordered" to slow down and LET shummy win in a pathetic and unsportive show across the finish line.
    4* 2004 Indianapolis fiasco
    5* 2005 Monaco GP Shumy puposedly parks the car during classifying in order avoid other drivers beating his lap time.

why no one mention about fishchella?.....

i smell some hatreds..

Havent seen the footage of the MS "move", but I wouldn't be surprised if Schumi would pull a stunt like that.
    The Renaults are faster this season, and MS knows this.
    Combine this fact with the fact that Monaco is a pure convoy/parade circuit and hence having the pole is almost equal to winning and Schumi's history of pulling dirty rabbits up his hat.

If he did it beyond "any reasonable doubt" I think it's great he finally meets some kinda punishment/sanction from the FIA.
    He has been geetting away with it for too long.

Sadly, this may be the only drama we get from Monaco, as the track sucks from a competitive perspective.
    I'll have a cuppa coffee and watch the parade.
    At least Feminando has gotten the position he loves it the most: On the pole.

After that I will get my blood pumping by watching the Uzbekistan Checkers and Boule Championships.....

Quote:
    Malmsteen said:
    why no one mention about fishchella?.....

i smell some hatreds..

Yeah, just heard about fisico, but really, who cares about fisico obstructing coulrdhard on qualifying... its not like they have a chance of wining.

I smell some denial...

i am actually talking about hatreds from his rivals...

alonso can complain about it.. it is reasonable for him to do so as their timing is so close..
    as i quoted what webber said...if those drivers cant be faster than schumacher.. there is no point for them to complain?..

too much talking around may pressure the FIA, it is possible..imo

peace out

Huh! Poor Kimi! That guy really did not have any luck...
    Alonso? Winner of course but, he is Prost "style" driver-I am not very big fan of that style... Schumi? He was fastest driver on track so, just imagine race results if he was on pole... Man of the day is Coulthard!
    Oh, I forgot Montoya... Second place but, McLaren hoped for win in Monaco...

More drama than I expected, but still far from being a race that gets your blood boiling.
    Kimi's car breaks down, Webbers car breaks down, the SC comes out at a very convenient time. As usual all signs of bad luck for the "champion".
    Schumi drove his a55 off and did a good job, DC did very well, too.
    Sad to see Rosberg make that mistake - he is a guy worth following in the coming seasons.
    A few great overtakes; Kimi on Webber and Schumi on Button.
    Fisi's outbreaking maneuver on DC was classic Fisi: Braindead.

Feminando has bagged the title this year.
    Clear to see that the Renault is much faster than anything on the straights, and even tho it was clear both visually and time-wise that Feminando can't handle his car as well in the corners as Kimi in his inferior McLaren, the Renault is so rock steady even Feminando can't lose in it.

Says it all that the leading driver after this many GP's this season still hasn't overtaken anyone but backmarkers.
    Hats off to Renault. They are in a league of their own this season.
    Let's hope for the sake of sheer entertainment that MS can push them just a bit the rest of the season.

schum cheated?..

i think he didnt cheat his way up from back row up to the 5th and setting a fastest lap

pure driving skills.

So did Montoya last year, but i didn't see too many praising his skills then:P

because he is not many times world champ

congrats MS!! Great drive up to 5th. Nice try in qualifying. Next time be a little less conspiquous.

To come from pit lane start to 5th place finish on a circuit you 'can't overtake on' was sheer genius.

In fact he only missed a podium by a few car lengths!

I personally don't think the parking episode was pre-meditated - he just made the best of the situation he found himself in. Some will call this cheating, others opportunism and others competitive edge.

A lot of drivers wouldn't have turned up in the circumstances but MS showed what he's made of and why he's the best driver ever to take to the track.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    ALL the drivers were unanimous, they said there was no need to look at the telemetry, anybody who has driven an F1 in Monaco knows that it was completely obvious without the least doubt.

Even the spectators were booing Schumacher on site and after when he was leaving the track to go rest. It was embarrasing for Forumula One. Schumacher is a great driver but a mediocre actor Everybody also says that if its wasn't schumy/ferrari the sanction would have been much worse than just being on the back of the grip for a GP.

Schumacher's top five:

1* Schumy purposedly collides and pushes Damond Hill out of the track in order to take the championship form him.
    2* Schumy tries the same with Villenueve but the stunt does not work for him this time and is also punished with the loss of all point earned up to date on that season.
    3* 2002 Barichello is "ordered" to slow down and LET shummy win in a pathetic and unsportive show across the finish line.
    4* 2004 Indianapolis fiasco
    5* 2005 Monaco GP Shumy puposedly parks the car during classifying in order avoid other drivers beating his lap time.

Yes, the Daman Hill incident was one of the most egregious in motorsporting. It still leaves a bad taste in my mouth and its one of the reasons I have disliked him for so long...

Nevertheless, what a poor race. It had the billing for such a magnificent final duel between Alonso and Kimi. Kimi's pass on Weber was one of the best of the year.

My hats off to Webber who always shows up at Monaco.

DC looked like a buffoon with his cape at the podium.

Another flawless race by Alonso, but you have to think that Kimi would have pushed for the victory if his car didn't melt down.

Schumi looked excessively impressive and quite compelled to tear through the field. Funny, how debacle chases him at Monaco (like last year when he divebombed Rubens on the last lap to get to 11th. "Achtung Schummacher!!!")

F1 is getting depressing

Quote:
    Jim_in_Iowa said:
    The BBC has made a list:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/5024532.stm

If anyone is old enough to remember, were Senna or Röhrl ever accused of consistent disregard of sportsmanship through their careers?

Not a bad race for Monaco where usually there is no overtaking.

Shumi did it on purpose, if you look at the steering wheel action just before he stops the car, he is not trying to make the turn.

The safety car came out perfect for Alonso who was rumored to have less fuel than Kimi.

Kimi was fast, but suposedly Alonso was going slow at the beginning of each stint because Renault had some rear tirewear doubts. Yet Alonso could be very fast when needed (like after the SC). Fisi's strategy was curtailed to his 5th place on the original grid, he would have much been better off with a 1 stop strategy from 10th... Still he managed to overtake three cars on the track.

Shumi did a great race from last, with a touch of luck strategy wise.

Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    Quote:
    Jim_in_Iowa said:
    The BBC has made a list:

If anyone is old enough to remember, were Senna or Röhrl ever accused of consistent disregard of sportsmanship through their careers?

Yes. No to Senna and Rohrl- And neither was Nigel Mansell, James "Hunt the Shunt", Brumo Giaccomelli who once chased the Koni rep through the pits with a broken Koni shock or even Jody Shechter who would pass in the dirt inside and across corners.

Schumi is the nastiest piece of work in all of F1 history.

Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    Quote:
    Jim_in_Iowa said:
    The BBC has made a list:

I'm not nearly old enough to remember for Senna, but just through posthumous study of my fav. driver, he was more of a hothead off the track than on it. I think his behavior was driven more by passionate respect than by dastardly behavior.

I remember one time he punched Schumi after a race for his cowardly behavior. What a guy

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803927 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448720 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266314 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90156 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6739 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886048 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834225 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM