Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Z06 with intake vs stock Ford GT

Spotted this one last fall

That's my 04 HD Screamin Eagle Electra Glide (Orange/ Black)........ GT in background.

I have to think the guy in the GT (in vid))didn't have the pedal mashed. The Z06 is real fast but doubt it could just pull-away like that. It would have to be a closer race imo

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Moogle said:
    Nice video - Thanks Mike!

There is an enthusiast with quite a collection near me and he has a Ford GT, its truely an amazing machine - beautiful curves.

the music in the video leaves something to be desired

Never seen a Ford GT in person before, don't think I will in this country either. Would love to see in real life, must be one hell of a machine.

It is. Pics don't do it justice.

Thanks Stadale, that white with blue stripes is a nice colour scheme too!

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Moogle said:

There is an enthusiast with quite a collection near me and he has a Ford GT, its truely an amazing machine - beautiful curves.

Never seen a Ford GT in person before, don't think I will in this country either. Would love to see in real life, must be one hell of a machine.

The car from behind is awesome. It's so low and wide. Mean lookin.

I like the black rims, those are very nice on the vette. HOWEVER, what things were done to it? If it was just an air intake and a chip modification I think that is fair and actually quite cheap to do. If the guy popped on a supercharger or turbo's.... then who cares. That to me is rebuilding the engine...that's a bit ricey.

for the guy that has never seen a ford gt in real life or on the road-- it is actually quite nice and pretty low to the ground and VERY wide. A neighbor around here has one (also someone around here has an F50 and another guy at the clubhouse has a 360 spider). The Ford GT I saw was white and blue.... the stock wheels ARE pretty big and everything. It looks like it is set up to race. Which is a bit different than a 360 (which I have driven)--- the 360 feels and looks more like a exotic car for the point of being exotic... what I really didn't like about the 360 was the exhaust outlets--there was plastic in between the the exhaust and the carbon fiber body- to me that made it seem a little childish.

Quote:
    0two9 said:
    I like the black rims, those are very nice on the vette. HOWEVER, what things were done to it? If it was just an air intake and a chip modification I think that is fair and actually quite cheap to do. If the guy popped on a supercharger or turbo's.... then who cares. That to me is rebuilding the engine...that's a bit ricey.

There's nothing ricey about speed. Absurd visual mods are considered rice, while power mods are well respected, as long as they aren't done by cutting corners. The C6Z engine is very mod-friendly. 95jersey stated that it made 550RWHP (about 650 flywheel horsepower) with changed cams, headers and the appropriate software modifications. That's extremely good. No way in hell I'd want to try and control that thing on the road, but it's still good.

Here is a dyno run from one of the top 3 vette tuners/racers in the US.

This is headers and street cam only. No head work, no intake, no clutch with cats and 100% street legal.

Stock 443RWHP
    Mod 546RWHP

and that is rounded down, SAE corrected HP.

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=23

Quote:
    95jersey said:
    Here is a dyno run from one of the top 3 vette tuners/racers in the US.

This is headers and street cam only. No head work, no intake, no clutch with cats and 100% street legal.

Stock 443RWHP
    Mod 546RWHP

and that is rounded down, SAE corrected HP.

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=23

Nice numbers. My Z, with 1 7/8 long tube Kooks headers and HP Dynotuning only, is running 498.31 RWHP and 468 RW torque. Not to shabby!

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    The Z06 is an amazing car for the money... that is until Von Saurma gets his hands on it.

Horst v. Saurma's F430 testing didn't leave a good taste on your tongue, right?!

Yes in part that is true. However I honestly believe whatever driving expertise he may have, it shows best in rear engine car... that is PORSCHE!

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    http://www.fastdrive.org/1/p/car-videos/car-videos.php?view.815.0.25

I'm speechless

I'm bored.

Fritz you can do better than that.

You're absolutely right, Nick. (No sarcasm intended, for a change. ).

I could at least have explained why such vids bore me. I saw a low-quality movie of two guys driving two cars on a public highway with other traffic around, at least one of them also has a girl on board, they swop lanes, they honk their horns, they gun their engines, and in one sequence one of the cars pulls well away from the other creating quite a gap between them.

No verifiable objective measurements, no evidence that both drivers were equally committed or capable, no evidence that this really was a reliable measure of the respective abilities of the two cars involved.

Put that on top of the fact that I personally think of road racing around involuntary "participants" (other road users) as being irresponsible. Sum total is that, as long as those guys don't kill or injure anyone I know or care about, their activities bore me.

My attitude has nothing to do with the marques of the cars involved, as I think someone assumed. I just think that if you want to measure drivers or cars against each other, there are better places and better ways of doing it which do not risk involving others who do not share your interests and who are not asked in advance if they are prepared to accept the risks involved.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    The Z06 is an amazing car for the money... that is until Von Saurma gets his hands on it.

Horst v. Saurma's F430 testing didn't leave a good taste on your tongue, right?!

Yes in part that is true. However I honestly believe whatever driving expertise he may have, it shows best in rear engine car... that is PORSCHE!

I'm not even going to ask how you can arrive at such conclusion with the knowledge you have of the Nring or Von Saurma

Have you asked yourself how many different cars has he had experience with in the ring? how many of the sportcars out there are NOT rear-engined car? why has Von Saurma has had no problem in lappping a 7:52 in a Gallardo? or a 7:56 on a Ferrari F360CS? or 7:32 on a mid-engine RWD Carrera GT? and same story on Hockenheim... get over it Nick... don't shoot the messenger
    What excuse are you going to say when Saurma's front-engine RWD Z06 lap time beats the F430's?

Carlos the 430 has the same hp and weighs about the same as the 996GT2. Even if you assume that the GT2 is a better track car, how is it possible for the 430 to be 11 sec. slower than the GT2 around the Ring?

According to the reports, the 430 had sport tires and Carbon brakes and yet with Von Saurma driving it could not beat the 996TT time which has 70 less hp and weights 300 lbs more.

Tell me something is not wrong with the above facts.

Fritz, now that you have viewed the video, if you HAD to bet $1000 on a rematch under similar circumstances, which car would you choose? That is why the video has some merit.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Carlos the 430 has the same hp and weighs about the same as the 996GT2. Even if you assume that the GT2 is a better track car, how is it possible for the 430 to be 11 sec. slower than the GT2 around the Ring?

According to the reports, the 430 had sport tires and Carbon brakes and yet with Von Saurma driving it could not beat the 996TT time which has 70 less hp and weights 300 lbs more.

Tell me something is not wrong with the above facts.

Very interesting points Nick. Maybe Von Saurma would care to comment directly about them. Perhaps someone here could
    arrange that. Anyone??

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Moogle said:

The car from behind is awesome. It's so low and wide. Mean lookin.

STRADALE,

Unfortunately, that's the only view I briefly had a few months ago of a white and blue beauty!

Quote:
    nberry said:

The answer is because the GT2 is a much sportier car than the F430. Its like a Porsche challenge stadale version of the F430. The F430 is a GT-car compared to a GT2 and that reflects on a track such as the ring. In terms of track lap times exclusively, the F430 does not seem to be a big jump from the F360 its based on, the Hockeheim lap times also reflect this. However I'm speaking exclusively about track times, on the whole the F430 is a mayor step over the F360. But on lap time comparisons I'm afraid the F430 is going to be left out of the group when the 997TT and Z06, and next Gallardo lap times comes out.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

The answer is because the GT2 is a much sportier car than the F430. Its like a Porsche challenge stadale version of the F430. The F430 is a GT-car compared to a GT2 and that reflects on a track such as the ring. In terms of track lap times exclusively, the F430 does not seem to be a big jump from the F360 its based on, the Hockeheim lap times also reflect this. However I'm speaking exclusively about track times, on the whole the F430 is a mayor step over the F360. But on lap time comparisons I'm afraid the F430 is going to be left out of the group when the 997TT and Z06, and next Gallardo lap times comes out.

Yes. It seems like the F430 is also turning into a GT car. Which is all fine and well for regular trips to Starbucks, so why complain, Nick?

And the 599 is less GT, more sporty...

Interesting trend...

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Ferrari isn't a high perf. sport car? Its suspension and brakes are as good as any in the industry. Yet with 70 more hp and weighing approximately 300pds less, in Von Saurma's hands it could not beat the 996TT time!!

Admit it, Von Saurma either does not know how to drive Ferrari's or he just knows how to drive a Porsche.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Ferrari isn't a high perf. sport car? Its suspension and brakes are as good as any in the industry. Yet with 70 more hp and weighing approximately 300pds less, in Von Saurma's hands it could not beat the 996TT time!!

Admit it, Von Saurma either does not know how to drive Ferrari's or he just knows how to drive a Porsche.

Nring lap times are a result of much more than that, its a show of real world conditions performance. BTW, 300lbs less? cough cough...

He knows how to drive any other car that is not a Ferrari V8? which BTW is a mid-engine RWD platform... and comom as anything else in the high-perf sportcar class. If any he would have trouble extranting the full potential of the rear engined platform of the 911, which we all know is different form every thing else. So how do you explain the Gallardo 7:52 lap time? the F360CS 7:56? and the up coming front engined Z06 which you and I know its going to be faster than the F430?

Why don't you just admit the obvious answer? anyway, I thought you didn't care about Nring times? they weren't important on the comute to starbuks in La Jolla

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Nring lap times are a result of much more than that, its a show of real world conditions performance. BTW, 300lbs less? cough cough...

He knows how to drive any other car that is not a Ferrari V8? which BTW is a mid-engine RWD platform... and comom as anything else in the high-perf sportcar class. If any he would have trouble extranting the full potential of the rear engined platform of the 911, which we all know is different form every thing else. So how do you explain the Gallardo 7:52 lap time? the F360CS 7:56? and the up coming front engined Z06 which you and I know its going to be faster than the F430?

Why don't you just admit the obvious answer? anyway, I thought you didn't care about Nring times? they weren't important on the comute to starbuks in La Jolla

Carlos, stop beating on poor old Nick. You and I both know that the Gallardo, Carrera GT and the GT2/3 Porsches are much easier to drive than the super sporty F430. The only thing that bothers me is that they are all faster than the super sporty F430 .
    Nick, it isn't a coincidence that Ferrari's hero is Porsche. They are giving customers what they want, and since most of them are poseurs (OK, there are a few exceptions, who take their cars to the Autobahn, the track and Strabucks ), they give them what every poseur needs. A car, that has a sporty image, can handle well, but is still comfortable enough for their hip-hop video appearances (we don't want 50 cent to get a sore butt, now do we?).

Quote:
    Crash said:
    A car, that has a sporty image, can handle well, but is still comfortable enough for their hip-hop video appearances (we don't want 50 cent to get a sore butt, now do we?).

Yeh, that's one of the advanatages of being a rap star.

You have a personal manager who bends over for you.

PS: Don't know how many of you realized this, but the reason 50 cent chose that name is because his personal manager takes the other 50 cents of every dollar he makes. People just aren't prepared to bend over to do you a favor for peanuts these days.

Back on topic, the GT40 is so much better looking. The Z06 back is kinda nice, but the front... so much 80s, so much 575 (headlights).

Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    Back on topic, ...........

Sorry!

Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    Back on topic, the GT40 is so much better looking. The Z06 back is kinda nice, but the front... so much 80s, so much 575 (headlights).

I think it's about time the C6Z debates stop. It's fast, it's cheap and it's got some incredibly annoying owners. Not a substitute for Porsche or any other exotic. That's it. I don't doubr it's faster than the GT40 and given the choice between buying one of the two, I would probably take the corvette (for its comfort).

Well the same three people keep trashing threads with how great the Z06 is and try to convince the world there is no other car you should own. Sadly (for them) they will never understand that many people don't even care because they will never buy the current Z06 regardless of the price for dozens of reasons already mentionned.

Once more, the Z06 is a great car, fast and cheap, and its performance will put pressure on other manufacturers. But you get what you pay for, it is nowhere near as refined as a Porsche or an Aston.

yes there is some things ricey about speed. There are things that can be done in bad taste or things that are done and are QUITE pointless. Example- think about an individual (and I'm sure this has already occurred) that has attached a turbo charger or a supercharger to a hybrid vehicle to get better performance. Truly, imagine a tricked out toyota hybrid with 20 inch rims and a supercharger on it.... that would just be dumb. Now imagine someone ruining the good idea of a naturally aspirated engine (not saying this occurred here) but think about that.

Quote:
    0two9 said:
    yes there is some things ricey about speed. There are things that can be done in bad taste or things that are done and are QUITE pointless. Example- think about an individual (and I'm sure this has already occurred) that has attached a turbo charger or a supercharger to a hybrid vehicle to get better performance. Truly, imagine a tricked out toyota hybrid with 20 inch rims and a supercharger on it.... that would just be dumb. Now imagine someone ruining the good idea of a naturally aspirated engine (not saying this occurred here) but think about that.

I still don't find it ricey. Sure, it's eccentric, but we quest for power. Why not super/turbocharge a Corvette or Viper and get 1000 RWHP? Thereś no rice here, just serious, to-be-reckoned-with horsepower and speed. The 20-inch rims, on the other hand, are stupid and ricey, unless we are talking big cars such as the germnan limos and even then there are limits. Turbocharging a Prius is also stupid IMO, but not rice.

Lets not forget the Twin turbo charged Hennesy Viper W/1000hp that won the fastest car competition and it beat out the Ruf yellow bird...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    804103 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448750 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266370 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90171 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6763 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886099 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834568 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM