Forum - Thread

Some 599 Pics

Re: Some 599 Pics

Is that yours?

suspension (not sure if it is 599 though)

Thanks for psoting. I don't know it looks too much like the 612. The wheels are not all that good looking. I kind of liked the pic of a silver one with the nice wheels that was posted a couple of weeks ago. Very nice color though but I think it will take time for this car to grow on me. The 550 and 575 I loved right away but this one is kind of...

Wow! These pics are great! Thank you!

When do they start to deliver to the US?

thanks,

This probably isnt the right forum to say this in, but I think the new turbo looks much better. This car only looks good from a front 3/4 shot. IMO

Quote:
    trip said:
    This probably isnt the right forum to say this in, but I think the new turbo looks much better. This car only looks good from a front 3/4 shot. IMO

Sorry mate, this isn't only the wrong forum, this is also a lie.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    trip said:

I have to agree with Mr. Trip on this one. The 997 looks much better, but of course there are always Ferrari nuts, pushing the tired italian stallion .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    trip said:

I have to agree with Mr. Trip on this one. The 997 looks much better, but of course there are always Ferrari nuts, pushing the tired italian stallion .

977 turbo is too plastic for my taste. and The Beast here has more passion in every line then turbo has as a whole.
    And it can smoke it, like it was peanuts.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    trip said:

I'll take a stallion over a Beetle anyday.

Besides the fact that Porsche styling has been the same since day 1, I never warmed to their designes because of the horrible body kit that they slap onto their higher-performance models. Leave the tuning-style body kits to 20 year olds driving supercharged civics

Quote:
    assman!!! said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    trip said:

Besides the fact that Porsche styling has been the same since day 1, I never warmed to their designes because of the horrible body kit that they slap onto their higher-performance models. Leave the tuning-style body kits to 20 year olds driving supercharged civics

The Beetle has more heritage than the italian pretender can ever hope to have, so this is a moot point. I'll take a Porsche over a Ferrari any day (unless they offer me a Ferrari at half the price of a Porsche).
    Also, what bodykit? Everything Porsche installs is there for function and the "perpetual" shape is part of its heritage. You can always tell a Porsche, but how many people would recognize the Ferrari without a badge?

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    trip said:

Exactly Rossi! Crash and trip, you kids needs to stop daydreaming.

Great pics! This thing looks great in any color.

Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    trip said:

Exactly Rossi! Crash and trip, you kids needs to stop daydreaming.

Great pics! This thing looks great in any color.

Don't represent your views as universally correct. Just because you're a die-hard Ferrari fan, who has nothing but criticism for Porsche, doesn't make you right.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    assman!!! said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    trip said:

The Beetle has more heritage than the italian pretender can ever hope to have, so this is a moot point. I'll take a Porsche over a Ferrari any day (unless they offer me a Ferrari at half the price of a Porsche).
    Also, what bodykit? Everything Porsche installs is there for function and the "perpetual" shape is part of its heritage. You can always tell a Porsche, but how many people would recognize the Ferrari without a badge?

lol, of course people that have no idea about cars will recognize a Porsche, because they all look the same, and have looked the same for the past 50 years! Any car enthusiast will recognize a Ferrari from 10 km away, because don't look like ordinary cars! They have something intrinsically exotic about them... something only italian cars can have.

I won't even dignify he part about Ferrari not having a heritage with an answer

Ferrari encorporates more functional aerodynamic components than Porsches, which are not only more sophisticated, but unlike the Porsche, don't look like its taken out of some "2 Fast 2 Furious" movie.

But, to each their own!

amazing pics thanks!!!

Quote:
    assman!!! said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    assman!!! said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    trip said:

lol, of course people that have no idea about cars will recognize a Porsche, because they all look the same, and have looked the same for the past 50 years! Any car enthusiast will recognize a Ferrari from 10 km away, because don't look like ordinary cars! They have something intrinsically exotic about them... something only italian cars can have.

I won't even dignify he part about Ferrari not having a heritage with an answer

Ferrari encorporates more functional aerodynamic components than Porsches, which are not only more sophisticated, but unlike the Porsche, don't look like its taken out of some "2 Fast 2 Furious" movie.

But, to each their own!

Ah, yes. The old "recognize the Ferrari". If I took the badges off I can guarantee you, you would not recognize a single car. Porsches have looked almost the same for 50 years - that's the allure of it. When a new Ferrari comes out, the old model is outdated. The 911, while an old model, is still a 911. Of course non-enthusiasts wouldn't understand that. Not that I'm a Porsche fanatic, I'd take the Zonda, the Lambo, even the Corvette, but the Ferrari isn'rt on my dream car list. Never been, never will be.

Thanks for the nice discussion

Quote:
    arakis said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    trip said:

977 turbo is too plastic for my taste. and The Beast here has more passion in every line then turbo has as a whole.
    And it can smoke it, like it was peanuts.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The Ferrari will have a higher top speed (meaningless) and may pull on the turbo above 130, but below that I expect the porsche to accelerate faster. The main advantage of the Turbo will be its handling, braking, and pace over real stretches of road/track. In all of these areas it will smoke the 599....like it was peanuts (whatever the [censored] that means).

Both companies are producing an equally exceptional product and I would have to agree new 997 turbo looks sexy, I personally like the 997 GT3 it has to be one the most beautiful cars produced by Porsche in a few years. As for the Ferrari, well The head-lights suck however the rest of the car is great I love the curves and I am sure Ferrari has given a great thought towards the engine, as Ferrari would rarely under powers one of their creations. Both are great but New Ferrari Head-light kind of stink, the last GREAT Ferrari was the 355 in my opinion, the F430 doesn't do [censored] for me, but 360 wasn't bad. Ben

Quote:
    trip said:

The new Turbo is horrid....

I think Porsche is doing a far better job with the design of 997, and it is probably even better than its predisisor the 996, I also don't think that your in any position to be picking on European style when your picture is of a 2000 mod'd Camaro, this is a Porsche Forum bud i'd take that [censored] somewhere else.

Quote:
    B_Rust said:
    I think Porsche is doing a far better job with the design of 997, and it is probably even better than its predisisor the 996, I also don't think that your in any position to be picking on European style when your picture is of a 2000 mod'd Camaro, this is a Porsche Forum bud i'd take that [censored] somewhere else.

Far better? How? (And I happen to love the new GT3, so I don't hate the new 911's, as I'm sure you ASSume.)

Give me a break....your a P-fan boy alright, with a whole 15 posts.

And what kinda car I may have has nothing to do with my opinion.
    You need to grow up, and stop being a internet tool....or nobody will listen to you here.

Just because I have fewer posts doesn't mean I have less knowledge, it's my opinion and I am intittled to it,

BluCamSS, you ARE on a PORSCHE forum, and just because you like the 599 doesnt mean you have to bash on the new 997 TT.
    saying such things to defent yourself isnt very cool on a PORSCHE forum, where you know P fans are kinda common. that being said, so you hate the new TT but you love the new GT3??? just wondering

Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    BluCamSS, you ARE on a PORSCHE forum, and just because you like the 599 doesnt mean you have to bash on the new 997 TT.
    saying such things to defent yourself isnt very cool on a PORSCHE forum, where you know P fans are kinda common. that being said, so you hate the new TT but you love the new GT3??? just wondering

I know where I am, I love P-cars....just not the new Turbo at all.....it looks "cheap" to me, it just does....But yes I like the new GT3....that on the other hand looks tuff.

Quote:
    B_Rust said:
    it's my opinion and I am intittled to it,

I laughed when I saw that! You can have your opinion, but I can't have my opinion? Give me a break....

Move along.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803673 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448665 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266260 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90139 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6697 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885967 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833791 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM