Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayman Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Cayman GT4

Peridot. I loved it on the 987 R and miss that car so this will be a fitting replacement.

ISUK:

Peridot. I loved it on the 987 R and miss that car so this will be a fitting replacement.

Cool - glad you are joining the GT4 Club Smiley

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

DuckieRS:

One more on its way. Colour undecided (but PTS)...

Welcome aboard Smiley

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

Congrats! wink

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

Very nice indeed - that's one of the first, perhaps the only PTS green GT4 I think Ive seen confirmed for the UK.  Should be a special car indeed.

kiss

--

Current - Aston V12 Vantage, Morning Frost White, Buckets, Manual

On Order - Cayman GT4, Racing Yellow, LWB

There is at least one other ordered in Birch green for the UK-market.

Had a penchant for some blues until they became (too?) popular.

Overheard the guy sitting in the next booth at the OPC discussing the exact same colour code... What are the odds?

DuckieRS:

There is at least one other ordered in Birch green for the UK-market.

I know a guy in U.S. who is getting Birch also...

--

ISUK:

I recall you mentioning you were disappointed with the Cayman GTS, so assume the GT4 will replace it.

--

Porsche Boxster GTS Carrara white / Skoda Octavia Mk.3 daily drive

The GT4 is more of an addition than a replacement. The GTS went last November. It was a lovely car but the R edged it for me in terms of pure driving enjoyment. It was replaced by an Audi S3 as my other half decided she needed a more practical car. The S3 is a nice car but was very dull and she realised that swapping for it was a huge mistake (and painful for my bank balance!). We got a good deal on a nicely spec'ed new Boxster S which is the same colour as your GTS - Carrara White. That arrived just over a week ago and is lovely to drive.

ISUK:

The GT4 is more of an addition than a replacement. The GTS went last November. It was a lovely car but the R edged it for me in terms of pure driving enjoyment. It was replaced by an Audi S3 as my other half decided she needed a more practical car. The S3 is a nice car but was very dull and she realised that swapping for it was a huge mistake (and painful for my bank balance!). We got a good deal on a nicely spec'ed new Boxster S which is the same colour as your GTS - Carrara White. That arrived just over a week ago and is lovely to drive.

Yes it is expensive when you get car choice wrong - as I found out with the Cayman S I purchased a few years ago now. Smiley Coincidentally my wife loves the Audi A3, she isn't too keen on the Boxster GTS as she doesn't find the sport seats plus very comfortable on long trips ( she loves the 14 way adjustable sports seats - not available on Boxster GTS), and suggested a bit tongue in cheek we should look at the new Audi RS3 as a compromise, or even a 991 Carrera cabrio (with her choice of seats)...Smiley

Anyway congratulations on the Boxster S, only yesterday people came over whilst I was fuelling our GTS asking what car it was and how amazing it looks!

Any chance of some nice photos of your wife's new pride and joy?  Smiley

--

@ DuckieRS and ISUK: congrats on ordering a great driving machine Smiley

Birch Green (Lichtgrün in german) is a great colour which should suit the GT4 perfectly. Just took a pic of a 991 in that colour yesterday:

1436781265123Lichtgrün.jpg

--

public roads: Porsche 981S white/black/red, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

dreamcar:
    she isn't too keen on the Boxster GTS as she doesn't find the sport seats plus very comfortable on long trips ( she loves the 14 way adjustable sports seats - not available on Boxster GTS),

Hi DC, I have good news for SWMBO:  the 14-way adjustable sport seats are a no cost option with the Spyder Smiley

--

public roads: Porsche 981S white/black/red, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Porsche-Jeck:
    dreamcar:
    she isn't too keen on the Boxster GTS as she doesn't find the sport seats plus very comfortable on long trips ( she loves the 14 way adjustable sports seats - not available on Boxster GTS),

Hi DC, I have good news for SWMBO:  the 14-way adjustable sport seats are a no cost option with the Spyder Smiley

Sadly not in the UK, Smiley They are an option on the 991 GTS (leather only, not alcantara), but as SWMBO wants to move house we can't afford to do both.....Smiley

--

HUH - OT and fairly pointless discussion if you arnt going to buy either I know, but the 14 way adj seats are available on Boxster GTS in the UK and they are also a free option on the Spyder yes

--

Adam2S:

HUH - OT and fairly pointless discussion if you arnt going to buy either I know, but the 14 way adj seats are available on Boxster GTS in the UK and they are also a free option on the Spyder yes

No they aren't - at least not on the UK configurator. You can have sport seats plus, adaptive sports seats plus (which are 18 way adjustable - tried them and the seat back "wings" were too tight for her) or the buckets. If we could have had the 14 way sport seats (not plus) in the GTS we would have ordered them. We double-checked this also with the dealer at time of ordering.

--

Doh - srry yes, I was thinking you meant the 18way adaptive seats.  Forgot about the non sports 14 way option.

--

Adam2S:

Doh - srry yes, I was thinking you meant the 18way adaptive seats.  Forgot about the non sports 14 way option.

--

Smiley

Porsche themselves made it confusing, standard seats in the previous generation were renamed sports seats, comfort seats became sport seats - 14 way electrical, sports seats became sports seats plus and adaptive sports seats became adaptive sports seats plus 18 way adjustable....Smiley

--

Adam2S:

Same here Smiley Thought 18 way adjustable offers more possibilities than 14 way, hence easier to find a comfy seating position for Mrs. DC - obviously not...

--

Porsche-Jeck:
    Adam2S:

Same here Smiley Thought 18 way adjustable offers more possibilities than 14 way, hence easier to find a comfy seating position for Mrs. DC - obviously not...

We tried very hard to see if there was any way the 18 way seats could be made comfortable, the seat base was spot on but no way could we adjust the sides of the seat backs...strangely they are much tighter than the sport seat plus, you'd think if Porsche had gone to the trouble of making the seat back sides adjustable they would range from wider than the fixed seats to tighter, rather than from tight to even tighter! Smiley

--

Porsche-Jeck:
    Adam2S:

I went with the standard (4-way) Sport Seats Plus because I (or my wife) never benefitted in the past from the adjustments and I am happy I made this decision because the Sport Seats Plus are perfect for us. Only downside: No memory, so you have to adjust them from scratch once someone else drives this car. Not really a problem though since I saved almost 3k EUR. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    Porsche-Jeck:
    Adam2S:

I went with the standard (4-way) Sport Seats Plus because I (or my wife) never benefitted in the past from the adjustments and I am happy I made this decision because the Sport Seats Plus are perfect for us. Only downside: No memory, so you have to adjust them from scratch once someone else drives this car. Not really a problem though since I saved almost 3k EUR.

For me, the standard (2-way  in Boxster / Cayman) sport seat plus are the most comfortable seats I've ever had in any car, sadly not for SWMBO....Smiley

--

Smileydreamcar:
    RC:
    Porsche-Jeck:
    Adam2S:

For me, the standard (2-way  in Boxster / Cayman) sport seat plus are the most comfortable seats I've ever had in any car, sadly not for SWMBO....Smiley

--

Seats are very personal. What feels comfortable for one person can be horrible for someone else.

The only Porsche sportscar seats I'm sort of comfortable in, are the 18-way, because the side bolsters are adjustable. However, I can imagine for someone who's tall and big, the 18-way would be a PITA. And if I'm honest, The 18-way aren't even half as good as the seats in my M4. Maybe I should just switch the seats, because the M4 itself isn't half as good as the Boxster...Smiley

--

Suzy

Porsche-Jeck's photo of Lichtgrün got me wondering if metallic is perhaps the wrong way to go on the GT4 and I should choose a bold solid colour. I got a couple of spray cans of  253 Lichtgrün and 22S Signalgrün and painted a couple of speed shapes to see how they look. I love both colours and am now awaiting confirmation if the factory will allow me to amend my order.

1436979075727CIMG3370.JPG

Seriously? You got yourself the M4? Smiley Have you driven the previous M3 with V8? A friend of mine still has one (he also got the M4) and he is actually thinking of keeping the V8 forever and selling the M4 for a...hold your breath...used 991 Carrera Cab (non S).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Finally got my build slot confirmed today for completion week 46 (9th Nov).

I've opted for the P03 folding buckets as dealer advised that P11 LWB are still on a 10 week delay to orders, so folding buckets seem like a fair compromise, plus they are a little bit cheaper too.

Now just the long wait for November and for the factory collection!

Spec is Yellow+Yellow+Yellow :  http://www.porsche-code.com/PGTSJBG0   Like a giant piece of cheese!

Re the factory collection - can anybody confirm just how strict the German police are about driving with summer tyres after the 1st Nov. This article is worrying me a little, but there is nothing I can really do about the delivery date or the tyres fitted, so....

https://www.wbs-law.de/eng/road-traffic-law-eng/law-winter-tyres-germany-48118/

--

Adam2S:

I've opted for the P03 folding buckets as dealer advised that P11 LWB are still on a 10 week delay to orders, so folding buckets seem like a fair compromise, plus they are a little bit cheaper too.

Spec is Yellow+Yellow+Yellow :  http://www.porsche-code.com/PGTSJBG0   Like a giant piece of cheese!

Re the factory collection - can anybody confirm just how strict the German police are about driving with summer tyres after the 1st Nov. This article is worrying me a little, but there is nothing I can really do about the delivery date or the tyres fitted, so....

Congrats, Adam!  I would only wait for the LWB's over the GT2 folding buckets if you are very tall, rather wide, or just have a very long torso (as I do) and will wear a helmet.  The electric height adjustment lets you go from 30mm lower to 20mm higher than folding bucking.  And the LWB's accommodate a slightly wider derrière.  For most, the folding buckets are great!

--

Grant:
    Adam2S:

Spec is Yellow+Yellow+Yellow :  http://www.porsche-code.com/PGTSJBG0   Like a giant piece of cheese!

Congrats, Adam!  I would only wait for the LWB's over the GT2 folding buckets if you are very tall, rather wide, or just have a very long torso (as I do) and will wear a helmet.  The electric height adjustment lets you go from 30mm lower to 20mm higher than folding bucking.  And the LWB's accommodate a slightly wider derrière.  For most, the folding buckets are great!

Cheers, Im 6'0" so neither tall or short really - but I do tend to prefer the seat in a low position if possible.  I also have been gifted with a normal size derriere so no issues there. Truth be known I think the LWB look a bit better, but they are both buckets so tick that box for me - 10 weeks is the decider really, as that would take it to late Jan and it feels like I've waited a lifetime already! Smiley

--

Adam2S:

--

The article says it all - if it's snowing during your collection, you will have a problem in case of an accident.

If the sun is shining and the streets are ice-free the police will have no problem with you.

The factory has some rental Winter tire-sets for US-customers with European Delivery, may be you could have one...

Blueflame

PS Congrats to your great GT4

blueflame:
    Adam2S:

--

The article says it all - if it's snowing during your collection, you will have a problem in case of an accident.

If the sun is shining and the streets are ice-free the police will have no problem with you.

The factory has some rental Winter tire-sets for US-customers with European Delivery, may be you could have one...

Blueflame

PS Congrats to your great GT4

The loan wheels are meant for foreign owners who want to drive their cars around Europe for a while before the returning it to Porsche for shipment to the USA. UK owners used to pick up their cars from the factory and then drive them home, so would not be able swap the wheels back again. 
    I understood that Porsche had stopped offering factory pick-up for UK buyers for this reason  Smiley (at least for cars due to be built in the winter season).

--

fritz

ISUK, congrats on the PTS car! Just curious, when is your car slotted for build? My dealer told me that if I wanted PTS, it would have to be feb/mar build which means I won't get the car till mid next year. Just a bit too long for me. As for the colour, I think a non metallic colour definitely suit GT4 better. I was going to get something like Mexico Blue, or even one of the greys like fashion grey, but would have definitely also considered viper green. 

Adam, congrats on the build slot confirmation. Mine will be week 37 build but was told yesterday this may now move to week 42. Regardless it's just around the corner now!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690602 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409850 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256068 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235299 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65721 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4715 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858515 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774788 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM