Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Lamborghini Huracan and variants

RC:
    sfo:

I prefer the RWD Huracan too, but having seen the Performante ...

Drive both back to back, the LP580 and the LP610 and you'll notice quite a difference. 

The LP580 feels (not that it actually is) a tiny bit more agile in curves but traction is an issue, like it or not.

driving them in April ... in Imola Smiley

580-2 is preferable from a steering purity perspective

Yes...the Performante...impressive looking car. kiss

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Rear looks like a mess IMO.

noone1:

Rear looks like a mess IMO.

Of course...I would have been surprised to hear something else from you. Smiley

Actually, I like it but I think the car is still camouflaged.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    W8MM:

So, when RC talks about traction, I can well imagine what he means by it and my desire for all I can get of it.  I don't like spooky handling cars on the track and especially on the street.  Any peculiarity that limits my personal safety, I avoid.  

I know that sounds stupid from a guy who drives 911s, but 911s don't lie about what they are about to do next.  That's also the reason I feel no nostalgia for my former Carrera GT.  The 918 is SO less spooky to drive that for me it makes all the difference in the world.  I like traction.

Smiley Smiley

You should really try a Huracan...just for the fun of it. You'd be surprised. Or a R8 V10 Plus, whatever is easier to achieve. Wonderful sportscars and so much fun.

Yes, there will be always a 911 in my garage as well, I just love the 911 and it's very specific drive feel and behavior. 

No, Mike is a tall guy, won't fit in a Huracan unless someone chopped him to pieces.

--

Whoopsy:
    RC:
    W8MM:

So, when RC talks about traction, I can well imagine what he means by it and my desire for all I can get of it.  I don't like spooky handling cars on the track and especially on the street.  Any peculiarity that limits my personal safety, I avoid.  

I know that sounds stupid from a guy who drives 911s, but 911s don't lie about what they are about to do next.  That's also the reason I feel no nostalgia for my former Carrera GT.  The 918 is SO less spooky to drive that for me it makes all the difference in the world.  I like traction.

Smiley Smiley

You should really try a Huracan...just for the fun of it. You'd be surprised. Or a R8 V10 Plus, whatever is easier to achieve. Wonderful sportscars and so much fun.

Yes, there will be always a 911 in my garage as well, I just love the 911 and it's very specific drive feel and behavior. 

No, Mike is a tall guy, won't fit in a Huracan unless someone chopped him to pieces.

Take a convertible, leave it open. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    Whoopsy:
    RC:
    W8MM:

Smiley Smiley

Take a convertible, leave it open. Smiley

Hardly!  The convertible Huracan is even worse for taller drivers than the coupé because Lamborghini strangely added a deeper rear bulkhead that restricts aft seat movement.  

RC:
    noone1:

When people need extra pads for your seats, you know you've screwed up the seats.

580 is definitely the Huracan to have IMO. Still as much of a Huracan as any other, front and rear look better, and costs much less.

No, it isn't. Even with AWD, especially in this weather right now, the ESP lamp sometimes comes on.

Traction issues take a lot of fun away, unless you want to go sideways all the time. Smiley

My Lambo dealer (who is also my Audi dealer Smiley) says that the LP580 barely sells. After test-drives, people usually order the LP610-4.

i can't understand why. the 610-4 has horribly heavy steering. takes out all the fun for me. i'd rather have traction issues on wet roads than the feelingless steering all the time. not a fan of AWD.

--

I don't know, my Huracan Spyder have great steering...........

I don't feel anything wrong with it.

It is very enjoyable to drive that's for sure!

--

Whoopsy:

Do you have the dynamic or the standard steering? Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

dynamic

--

Whoopsy:

dynamic

They have improved this since the original release.

Whoopsy:
    RC:
    W8MM:

Smiley Smiley

Smiley Smiley

I wouldn't be that sure about it though: My sales guy is 1.95 m and he fits in my R8 quite well (which surprised me too).

--

crayphile:
    Whoopsy:

dynamic

They have improved this since the original release.

Indeed. Starting with MY 2016, the Huracan got the same Dynamic steering the R8 got, the second or third generation (cannot remember anymore, discussed this with an Audi Sport engineer who was, surprisingly, also pretty well informed about the Huracan, maybe he "does" both brands when he is out at dealers).

I like the Dynamic Steering a lot (reviewers seem to either hate or love it) but I can see where the problem is when the steering changes at certain speeds and in certain driving modes. It is razor sharp though and whenever I drive my 991.1 GTS (no Powersteering Plus) after the R8, in the beginning I always have the feeling that something is wrong with the steering. Smiley

--

Whoopsy:

Fantastic car, best open top car on the market in my opinion (918 of course excluded Smiley). Smiley

--

CGX car nut:

Hardly!  The convertible Huracan is even worse for taller drivers than the coupé because Lamborghini strangely added a deeper rear bulkhead that restricts aft seat movement.  

The rear wall had to be moved forward as there needs to be space for the roof mechanism to fold into. The Gallardo spyder was exactly the same as was the Ferrari F430 spider etc.

Is the Spyder really that much worse than the Coupe? I never realized it but I'm also not as tall as Mike.

--

The rear firewall considerably limits the rake angle of the seat backs compared to the coupe which has the rear parcel shelf space that the seats can be reclined into. The actual travel of the seat base is likely exactly the same in both cars but taller drivers will be forced to sit more upright in the spyder which will bring their eyeline much closer to the top of the windscreen.

ISUK:

The rear firewall considerably limits the rake angle of the seat backs compared to the coupe which has the rear parcel shelf space that the seats can be reclined into. The actual travel of the seat base is likely exactly the same in both cars but taller drivers will be forced to sit more upright in the spyder which will bring their eyeline much closer to the top of the windscreen.

Interesting, didn't know that. Thanks. Smiley

--

I had the same issue in my original model R8 if I used the luggage set that fitted onto the rear shelf. It forced me to sit with the seat backrest in a more vertical position and that was less comfortable for me compared to how I would position the seat normally. This photo shows the effect of losing the "shelf" space in the coupe with the luggage in place. Without it in place the seat backrest can be reclined quite some way so presumably the R8 spider also suffers reduced range of seat adjustment for taller drivers as it too has the firewall moved forwards to accommodate the folded roof.

Image057.jpg

I don't know why the Huracan and R8 are so heavy, yet they see to offer worse storage space than Ferrari and McLaren.

ISUK:

same issue in R8 V10 Spyder

noone1:

I don't know why the Huracan and R8 are so heavy, yet they see to offer worse storage space than Ferrari and McLaren.

Can you fit two cabin trolleys and even two small bags behind the seats on the bottom in the 488 or any McLaren? Smiley Then add the front luggage compartment which fits another cabin trolley plus one or two smaller bags.

Never checked luggage room on the 488 or McLaren, so I don't have a clue.

Weight? Well...this is a cost and comfort/safety thing.

How many airbags does the 488 or a McLaren have? Front- and side airbags? Smiley

R8 has front, side, knee and head airbags. Just one example.

--

RC:

Is the Spyder really that much worse than the Coupe? I never realized it but I'm also not as tall as Mike.

I am 1.78m tall, not very tall but if I keep the roof on, my hair would brushes the roof liner. And I already had the seat all the way back and leaning maximum. If I keep a baseball cap on then I won't touches the roof.

--

Whoopsy:
    RC:

I am 1.78m tall, not very tall but if I keep the roof on, my hair would brushes the roof liner. And I already had the seat all the way back and leaning maximum. If I keep a baseball cap on then I won't touches the roof.

Need to try that with a R8 Spyder...I got curious. Smiley Thanks.

--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mrXQYXwVdo

Same laptime as the 991.2 Carrera S indecision

Topspeed:

I wonder what laptime a 991.2 Carrera S with 580hp would achieve Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

bluelines:
    Topspeed:

I wonder what laptime a 991.2 Carrera S with 580hp would achieve Smiley

To be fair, the track there doesn't favor powerful cars and the results would have been different with the Huracan LP610-4 (AWD). This track clearly favors AWD, the F-Type SVR was only 0.8 seconds slower than the Porsche and the Lampe.

The Mazda MX-5 is only 6.8 seconds slower than the 991.2 Carrera S, the Range Rover Sport SVR only 7.1 seconds.

Or to get an even better perspective of the track: The new Panamera 4S (not even the Turbo) is only 1.7 seconds slower than the Carrera S.

I'd rather say that this test was more embarrassing for the tested BMW M2. The Panamera 4S was almost a second faster. Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776883 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441595 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262716 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260863 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85141 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5527 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880582 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815744 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM