Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Lamborghini Huracan and variants

throt:

I would love a green Huracan. Its just so much in your face. Mmmm, that V10, proper man engines..

My daughter's dream car...a Kermit green Huracan. Smiley

We saw one in Miami two weeks ago (see photo) at Bal Harbor Shops. My daughter didn't want to leave... Smiley

Also loved that red (gift-wrapped) LP580 at Aventura Mall...this time my wife didn't want to leave. Smiley

IMG_1830.JPG

IMG_1266.JPG

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Hahaha, bless her. My daughter loves cars too and loves a blast in my GT3, my son couldn't care less indecision.. Your a lucky man, your whole family likes cars. 

Jeeps, the red one looks good too.

Cheers...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

throt:

Hahaha, bless her. My daughter loves cars too and loves a blast in my GT3, my son couldn't care less indecision.. Your a lucky man, your whole family likes cars. 

Jeeps, the red one looks good too.

Cheers...

Thanks but unfortunately, my wife isn't that much into cars. She loves luxury and this includes expensive cars but she couldn't care less about how they drive. Smiley Son and daughter are different and have clear preferences but surprisingly, my daughter is more into Lamborghini than my son. He loves the Nissan GT-R (probably because all his friends brag about it...the Playstation generation... Smiley) and most of his friends do not know that his father has a R8. He also loves Koenigsegg but this is a little bit out of my league. Smiley 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Interesting , my 12 year old son, who loves cars , also like the GT-R the most . That s the car he wants later . I think it comes from the Youtuber he watches . My 14 year old son loves F1 , performance cars, but does not have any interest in my RS . My 10 year old one , also does not really care .  But if they had to choose a car it would be a McLaren . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

Interesting , my 12 year old son, who loves cars , also like the GT-R the most . That s the car he wants later . I think it comes from the Youtuber he watches . My 14 year old son loves F1 , performance cars, but does not have any interest in my RS . My 10 year old one , also does not really care .  But if they had to choose a car it would be a McLaren . 

Smiley My kids are also highly "influenced" by YouTube. Sometimes, I just sit with them watching some of the crap for an hour or so, so I can provide the "right" guidance because they often believe or trust everything they see and hear. Smiley Smiley Son is into gaming/cars and daughter into make-up/fashion. Smiley

--

RC:
    Gnil:

Smiley My kids are also highly "influenced" by YouTube. Sometimes, I just sit with them watching some of the crap for an hour or so, so I can provide the "right" guidance because they often believe or trust everything they see and hear. Smiley Smiley Son is into gaming/cars and daughter into make-up/fashion. Smiley

--

I can't watch those YouTube  Overwatch gaming sessions more then 30 sec....  Watching other guys play Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:
    RC:
    Gnil:

--

I can't watch those YouTube  Overwatch gaming sessions more then 30 sec....  Watching other guys play Smiley

I fully agree with you, I never understood why kids are so fascinated by watching videos of others playing and making stupid jokes about it. Smiley 

--

Rossi
    Game changing technology it may be, the downside is you will always see this huge wing. Smiley

Yes, I know, this is a Lamborghini and real Lamborghini always feature massive wings, but I never liked them and never will. Smiley

I hear you on the wing point, but I think this time the sum of the parts will be much more meaningful than in the past. There are some private viewings soon but I can't make them so will have to wait for Geneva. I think this is going to be the Lamborghini to have in the near term. My girls have not forgiven me for selling the kermit green Huracan still .

crayphile:
    Rossi
    Game changing technology it may be, the downside is you will always see this huge wing. Smiley

Yes, I know, this is a Lamborghini and real Lamborghini always feature massive wings, but I never liked them and never will. Smiley

I hear you on the wing point, but I think this time the sum of the parts will be much more meaningful than in the past. There are some private viewings soon but I can't make them so will have to wait for Geneva. I think this is going to be the Lamborghini to have in the near term. My girls have not forgiven me for selling the kermit green Huracan still .

How could you, you heartless... Smiley  Smiley Smiley

Smiley This was a message from my girl...no offense meant. Smiley

Yes, I think the Huracan Performante is the Lamborghini to get right now...before Lamborghini starts to jump the turbo train. Smiley Can't wait for the R8 GT...this may actually be a car I could switch to...if the price is right and if my dealer supports the deal. Still not sure about it though because I really think my current R8 is enough for me and my needs.

--

RC:
    crayphile:
    Rossi

I really think my current R8 is enough for me and my needs.

Smiley , Your needs will be a Huracan or the R8 GT, when its out..Okay !! Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

throt:
    RC:
    crayphile:
    Rossi

I really think my current R8 is enough for me and my needs.

Smiley , Your needs will be a Huracan or the R8 GT, when its out..Okay !! Smiley...

Smiley Smiley My head and stomach agree, my bank account doesn't. Smiley Smiley

Huracan? Only the Performante.

--

I'll see the Performante in flesh, unmasked on Monday. Hope to get some additional info as well.

Herbaliser:

I'll see the Performante in flesh, unmasked on Monday. Hope to get some additional info as well.

Can't wait... Smiley

--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbn6qyxOYso

When people need extra pads for your seats, you know you've screwed up the seats.

580 is definitely the Huracan to have IMO. Still as much of a Huracan as any other, front and rear look better, and costs much less.

noone1:

580 is definitely the Huracan to have IMO. Still as much of a Huracan as any other, front and rear look better, and costs much less.

Well, I like the design of the 610 more, especially the front looks better IMO. And talking about the price advantage you have to remember, that carbon ceramic brakes have to be paid separately.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

noone1:

When people need extra pads for your seats, you know you've screwed up the seats.

No, it isn't. Even with AWD, especially in this weather right now, the ESP lamp sometimes comes on.

Traction issues take a lot of fun away, unless you want to go sideways all the time. Smiley

My Lambo dealer (who is also my Audi dealer Smiley) says that the LP580 barely sells. After test-drives, people usually order the LP610-4.

--

Every 600 HP cars ESP light comes on under heavy throttle. Who cares? Turn it off of you don't like it.

I'm pretty sure the reviewers drive on the track harder then you drive on the road, yet they don't have the problem of always going sideways. Sounds like your diving needs work, not the cars ESP/traction.

noone1:

Every 600 HP cars ESP light comes on under heavy throttle. Who cares? Turn it off of you don't like it.

Smiley

I'm pretty sure the reviewers drive on the track harder then you drive on the road, yet they don't have the problem of always going sideways. Sounds like your diving needs work, not the cars ESP/traction.

I am not only driving on public roads and my driving certainly needs work (compared to some professionals who do this on a daily basis Smiley) but this has nothing to do with traction issues. On public roads you don't really want to have to deal with traction issues, especially when it is wet or colder temperatures make the roads slippery. 

Ask my Mercedes dealer regarding the new E63: Mercedes expected to sell around 50% AWD versions but the number is closer to 90% now says my sales guy. It is no fun when the ESP jumps in all the time and turning it off isn't really an option, especially on public roads.

Btw: How about telling us a little bit about your own driving background and what you prefer? So far we have read a lot from you but there are two things you always avoid telling us about. Driving and your car. Which is weird...in a car forum. Smiley Smiley

--

My driving is such that the TC light only comes on when cold or wet and under full throttle at low speeds. I have never experienced traction issues in the McLaren, or any car, in any sort of turn. The limits of the car far exceed a reasonable speed for a turn. 25 mph over the speed limit can yield a reckless driving ticket, 4 point, and a massive uptick in insurance prices. Needless to say, the 12C will take 99% of turns greater than 25 mph over the speed limit with ease and the acceleration is way too quick for normal roads.

I'm not sure I ever saw the TC light in the R8, and mine was turbo'd with R888 and MPSS.

We also have some of the worst roads in the country. I see no benefit to AWD in the real world aside from wet and snow, both of which cases I see no reason why you'd want to drive fast anyway. It's irresponsible to drive hard in rain on shitty roads with traffic.

I don't post much about driving because there are a million reviews everyone has already read of every car, months before the cars even come out. There's not much to add. It's just a car, just like the magazines and videos say, and most people on here have drive them all. I think talking about how cars drive is the equivalent of a madlib -- you just plug in any car name and any review becomes believable. There is rarely anything important to say.

How many times has Chris Harris said, "this car just handles so well," or "this car is just so fast" ? A lot.

Just post pictures of the interior/exterior and show me how the infotainment works. The rest isn't so important and can be assumed. It's 2017 -- there are no bad exotics and they all go way above the limits of any normal road. They are so good, it's almost irrelevant which car you're in.

So why be on a car forum?  Just to criticize RCs driving?  I sense way too much hostility remaining from the political discussion.  Chill

Leawood911:

So why be on a car forum?  Just to criticize RCs driving?  I sense way too much hostility remaining from the political discussion.  Chill

I don't care if someone criticizes my driving skills. Those who know me personally here, never did. Smiley This is what counts. Other than that, we are pretty anonymous, we don't know much about each other, so we fall back to assumptions, which I sometimes do as well (and I always hate myself for doing that because I am not this kind of person in real life).

Anyway: I do not agree with him that all high performance cars are basically the same and all drive great. Every single car has a specific driving behavior (steering, chassis, etc.), a particular sound and even brake feel is often different. There are good cars which are too perfect and get boring soon. There are not so good cars which are fantastic to drive because they keep the adrenaline pumping and so on. The difference between cars is huge, even if many of them are fast.

--

noone1:

I don't post much about driving because there are a million reviews everyone has already read of every car, months before the cars even come out. There's not much to add. It's just a car, just like the magazines and videos say, and most people on here have drive them all. I think talking about how cars drive is the equivalent of a madlib -- you just plug in any car name and any review becomes believable. There is rarely anything important to say.

How many times has Chris Harris said, "this car just handles so well," or "this car is just so fast" ? A lot.

Just post pictures of the interior/exterior and show me how the infotainment works. The rest isn't so important and can be assumed. It's 2017 -- there are no bad exotics and they all go way above the limits of any normal road. They are so good, it's almost irrelevant which car you're in.

If this is what sportscars are to you then you are missing out big time! Dont even know why you would drive one other than be seen in one. Each car is completely different experience and a joy in their own and I'm not taking about the infotainment systemSmiley... no wonder you dont get why drivers like the 911 so much. There would be a whole in the joy of life if that was all I got from sportscars, now I know why you are always so grumpySmiley

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

kiss

--

Leawood911:

What are you even talking about? Where did I criticize his driving? I may think he's totally full of shit when he says a Tesla only gets 7 km per charge given his driving style, but that's merely my opinion.

I like car design and a more unique experience. I don't like to see my car all over the place and I don't like car interiors to look generic and boring. View out of the windscreen and ride height is important too. I'm waiting patiently for a full EV, silent exotic too. Not into loud exhaust and I will hopefully not be the last to admit that exhaust sound inside a car is vastly different than what we hear in videos and that great sounding exhaust is more a treat for people you're passing than it is for the driver due to all the other noises and sound deadening the effect it.

I maintain that any $200-300K car made in 2017 is far more than anyone needs for a normal road. When your car can go 7:20 on the NR, which many on here claim is the best approximation for racing on a real world road, I think it's safe to say that the limits of the car far exceed what can be used on a real-world road.

I prefer the RWD Huracan too, but having seen the Performante ...

sfo:

I prefer the RWD Huracan too, but having seen the Performante ...

Drive both back to back, the LP580 and the LP610 and you'll notice quite a difference. 

The LP580 feels (not that it actually is) a tiny bit more agile in curves but traction is an issue, like it or not.

--

I lost interest in Lambos when I was invited to take a close look under the rear deck lid of a Countach that a grey-market converter showed to me back in 1985.  Yikes!  It looked like the rear-end structure was made of used lawn chairs welded up by beginners.  I'm sure VW/Audi have made big strides since then, but I don't have a nostalgic attraction to them they way I do 911s. 

The drive feel is most important for me.  Yes, the traditional 911 was a little weird on lift-throttle transitions, but the car always did the same thing.  It may have been idiosyncratic in driving feel, but it never lied to me.

Other fast cars like Lotus Esprit Turbos of yesteryear were pretty spooky to drive near the edge.  I was along for the ride at a Car and Driver "10 Best" European car test at Willow Springs years ago.  The 911 and 308 and such were quite predictable, if different.  That Lotus was damn scary coming into a decreasing radius corner leading onto the main straight.  I ended up half way off the track plowing some gravel and to this day I don't know exactly why.

So, when RC talks about traction, I can well imagine what he means by it and my desire for all I can get of it.  I don't like spooky handling cars on the track and especially on the street.  Any peculiarity that limits my personal safety, I avoid.  

I know that sounds stupid from a guy who drives 911s, but 911s don't lie about what they are about to do next.  That's also the reason I feel no nostalgia for my former Carrera GT.  The 918 is SO less spooky to drive that for me it makes all the difference in the world.  I like traction.

--

Mike

918 Spyder + 991 GT3 RS +Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S + Panamera Turbo +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T

W8MM:

So, when RC talks about traction, I can well imagine what he means by it and my desire for all I can get of it.  I don't like spooky handling cars on the track and especially on the street.  Any peculiarity that limits my personal safety, I avoid.  

I know that sounds stupid from a guy who drives 911s, but 911s don't lie about what they are about to do next.  That's also the reason I feel no nostalgia for my former Carrera GT.  The 918 is SO less spooky to drive that for me it makes all the difference in the world.  I like traction.

Smiley Smiley

You should really try a Huracan...just for the fun of it. You'd be surprised. Or a R8 V10 Plus, whatever is easier to achieve. Wonderful sportscars and so much fun.

Yes, there will be always a 911 in my garage as well, I just love the 911 and it's very specific drive feel and behavior. 

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689981 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409457 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255848 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235077 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65588 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858209 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774331 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM