Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayman Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

First impression after 600 km

First impression after 600 km

Hi all, finally I got my car after 8 months of waiting!
    Here are my specs and pics:

Y1 Seal Grey
    RA Leather Interior in Cocoa Brown
    P74 Bi-xenon Lighting System
    425 Rear Window wiper
    XCZ Sports shifter
    475 PASM
    XRP 5 mm Spacers - front & rear
    640 Sports Chrono package
    407 19" Sport Design wheel‎
    446 Colored Wheel Caps
    483 Tire Pressure Monitoring
    P78 Sport Seats
    XPA 3 Spoke Sport Thicker Steering Wheel
    XMZ Leather Rear Centre Console
    XSC Porsche Crest Embossed in Headrest
    XX1 Floor Mats with Leather Edging
    XXZ Foot rest in Aluminum
    P16 PCM
    666 Telephone Module for PCM
    680 Bose Sound System
    692 CD Changer
    And finally awaiting Polished Tail Pipes from http://www.boothedesign.com/

After making 600 km in the car, here my views:

I will go through my experience with options since many have covered the other aspects of the car. I will not disagree with anyone on the sharp handling, the balance, the grip, the quality. I'm impressed like others if not more. I think all the positive feedback from the press said about the Cayman is true. Still you have to drive one, a well spec-ed one to know what the press is talking about.

I love the color combo I got. It was exactly what I had in mind and even better. The exterior color is s bit of a darker color, but not too dark. I really liked the different shades under different light. The Cocoa interior is a fabulous color. Pics are not being fare for it. Cocoa really shows the fine quality of the leather. I like darker colors for the interior and after seeing the entire dark ones live if liked Cocoa absolutely the best. In addition, the color gives the classic sporty look to the interior. I thought of additional touched if interior aluminum parts, but no, I'm glad I didn't go for any.
    The Bi-xenon is a nice to have option, but I preferred to have it. I don't like the yellowish shade of the standard headlights.

The rear wiper, I definitely not gonna use lots of it where I live. I took it mostly for looks. But man, it really gives the car more aggressive looks. I had to have it.

The short shifter, simply, can't think of a p car not having it.

PASM, is a must have. I even don't mind having it all the time on sports mode, especially in combination with sport chrono. It makes the car really aggressive with much better ‎handling, stability, response, and feedback. This is at least what I felt.

The 5mm spacers, technically don't know really what it adds to the driving experience, but from looks point of view, it improves the aggressive looks of the car when I compared my car with one next to mine without it.

The wheels, I love their look, but really hard to clean from the break dust. Don't know how they compare to the 18"s. I have not tried them.

The colored crests fall out of my specs by mistake. I added them at the dealership. I like them on my car and I think that they suite some exterior colors only.

I got the TPM for two reasons, 1 is me being too lazy to check the tires pressure regularly and can't afford damaging expensive tires for sake of being lazy. 2nd reason, for such a high performance car it is a must have from safety point of view.

Sport Seats, they are very comfortable. Thanks good they are, could not afford adoptive seats anyway. In the same time they really look good.

The thicker steering wheel, nice look and feel, but too expensive. In the sometime, I could not live with the regular three spoke sport ones. Techart steering wheels looked good to me, but I prefer to have stock stuff on my car.

The leather centre console, expensive but don't regret getting it. It really improves the look and feel.

Porsche crest on headrest, not too expensive to have, looks grate and I hate the fact that I don't get to see them most of the time.

Flore Mats, I guess cant do without them. At my dealer's option list, these were the only option you could have. No other alternative.

Foot rest in aluminum, I had the funniest ever or actually the most embarrassing story with them. I check all the options on my car before picking it us and I forgot this particular one. By the time I got home I remembered that I did not check this option. By then it was dark too. I opened the door interior lights light up and guess what? The aluminum footrest is nor there. I called the dealer and told him that this option was missing. The sales manager told me not to worry he will arrange to install one. The next day, getting to the car for work, opened the door, and guess what? It is there. Funny, immediately though that I have paid for something that could barely be recognized.
    However, glad to have it for sake of completion and it was not too expensive.

PCM, even though very expensive, but can't think of such a modern expensive fine car not having it. I'm not really interested in the navigation part, but I'm interested in the rest of the functions. It should have been a standard option like the 997.

Telephone module for PCM, very practical to use with good audio quality.

Bose and CD changer. I'm not too bothered with music but can't listen to less quality audio system in such loud, fine, and expensive sports car. The output is very impressive.

Two other options fall out when the order placed on my car. 1 is the dimming mirrors. Kind off lad not having to pay for them coupled with the rain sensors that I will &never use. I never had auto dimming on my previous cars and still don't miss it. 2nd the silver seatbelts, I thought it will add a very nice touch. Again don't miss not having them.

My overall experience, my car feels way better than the demo I tried. The demo car was a basic Cayman S with 19" wheels and tiptronic. I was kind of disappointed with the Cayman then. At that time I rally thought of cancelling my order for the Cayman S and go for a basic 997. But now, I'm really happy that I didn't. I found the Cayman S very impressive with the options I got. It does not make me regret not going for a basic 997. I don't know really which options made the improvement or it is just all the options I got together. I would really be disappointed having a 997 without a PASM/sport suspention, sport chrono, short shifter, full leather, 19" sport design wheels. After trying a couple of 997's, C4s would be the car for me. However, for the time being, I feel that I will be very ‎happy with my choice for the coming couple of years at lest. It is a true Porsche sports car and no less. And man the mid engine configuration, amazing. The only ;thing could let me let go of this car is probably a loaded C4s, which I can't afford today. Finally, I feel the car worth every penny I spent including all the options I gots.

Re: First impression after 600 km

Beautiful Car!! Nice pics. Gorgeous house in the background; is that yours?!

Perfect colour combo; I've got Seal Grey on my BoxsterS with black interior; love the Seal!

Enjoy the car and drive it in good health.

Good job!
    I really like your color combination & options.
    Seems like you are in Bahrain. I was hoping you would be in Dubai so I could see your Cocoa brown interior. I have not yet seen it in person.

All the best.

Quote:
    Louis said:
    Beautiful Car!! Nice pics. Gorgeous house in the background; is that yours?!

Perfect colour combo; I've got Seal Grey on my BoxsterS with black interior; love the Seal!

Enjoy the car and drive it in good health.

Thanks . . . toke the pics at my parents while showings off

Quote:
    03LX470 said:
    Good job!
    I really like your color combination & options.
    Seems like you are in Bahrain. I was hoping you would be in Dubai so I could see your Cocoa brown interior. I have not yet seen it in person.

All the best.

Thanks . . . yes in Bahrain. Dont spend much time thinking about it like I did. Go for it. You will not be disapointed.

I love the colour combo. Great car.

Beautiful combination! although the cocoa always looks a bit strange in pictures in real life it's absolutely stunning

Stunning car, great choices

Beautiful car, nice review - many congrats
    Your beautiful pics confirmed my own choice seal/cocoa/sportseats (similar equipped 987 S - 60 hrs to go )
    Have fun with your Cayman S

Looks awesome! That color combo does work. I was skeptical at first. Enjoy!

Mabrook on the new car. Glad that it finally here after months of waiting. Looks beautiful, hope to see it one of those days. Enjoy it.

Lovely.

Is that the full leather dash that you've gone for?

Beautiful. Those wheels look awesome on the Cayman. Have fun cleaning them. I have to cleam my Mom's every time I come home.

Quote:
    kith said:
    Lovely.

Is that the full leather dash that you've gone for?

Yes it is

Thanks to all . . . im having a blast with it . . . just the break in thing being too itchy

bravo sexy car good choice

Installed polished tailpips from www.boothedesign.com

mabrook, testahal!

mabrouk

Thanks

Alf mabrook. Enjoy in good health

hey, rfakhri!

i just ordered a very similiar Cayman S (slate instead of Seal). Could you please post some more close up photos of the cocoa center console in leater? Thanks, that would really help me out!
    Regards,
    Nick

her you go . . . if you need more pics let me so I take some new ones.

another

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    805659 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449090 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266709 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90288 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6941 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886655 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    835355 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM