Crown

Board: Porsche - Macan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: Porsche Macan

Indeed. But, IF I order now I could get Macan Turbo in late April 2014. If I wait for test drive in early April 2014 I could get Macan Turbo in October 2014.

Audi S6 Avant is already test drven. It is much better car overall then Audi SQ5 TDI or BMW M550d x Drive IMHO.

KresoF1:

Indeed. But, IF I order now I could get Macan Turbo in late April 2014. If I wait for test drive in early April 2014 I could get Macan Turbo in October 2014.

Audi S6 Avant is already test drven. It is much better car overall then Audi SQ5 TDI or BMW M550d x Drive IMHO.

I talked to my wife and she likes the Macan but her X3 35d lease runs out in 18 months and my Cayenne GTS lease runs out in 24 months, so no window of opportunity here to order a Macan Turbo for a next year delivery.  My wife also dreams of a Boxster, so I guess we are going to wait until her X3 lease runs out, get her a Boxster and I will get a Macan Turbo for the family if the luggage room isn't too small for us (I still have to check on that).

Since we have to wait at least 18 months, I hope I am lucky to be able to get a Macan Turbo S by that time. Not sure though. Time will tell. 

The Macan Turbo is the best offer in my opinion, the Diesel S is also interesting but not fast enough.

Another solution would be to wait for an attractive dealer car offer but I kind of hate the idea of driving a used Macan Turbo which has been driven by dozens of different people before.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

I showed the Macan to my wife and she liked the design, better than any other SUV, she currently drives a Q5 and she said that when the time comes to replace the Q5, the Macan would be her first choice right now... I have to say that it fits her since she likes sportier versions (she chose her Q5 with a petrol engine, DSG, with sports suspension, etc), but the rear seats issue and rear luggage room issue needs to be cleared first to consider one... as well as the price issue contrasted to say an equally equipped Q5 when the new Q5 that shares the same chassis as the Macan arrives.

--

Carlos from Spain:

I showed the Macan to my wife and she liked the design, better than any other SUV, she currently drives a Q5 and she said that when the time comes to replace the Q5, the Macan would be her first choice right now... I have to say that it fits her since she likes sportier versions (she chose her Q5 with a petrol engine, DSG, with sports suspension, etc), but the rear seats issue and rear luggage room issue needs to be cleared first to consider one... as well as the price issue contrasted to say an equally equipped Q5 when the new Q5 that shares the same chassis as the Macan arrives.

The Macan is said to be on the MLB platform, not the next generation MLB Evo.  So, the next generation Q5 will be riding on a newer platform, and its arrival should be in the next couple of years.  However, the Macan's suspension is a significant rework with new components, including air suspension, so it is closer to MLB+.

My wife also loves the Macan, actually much more than the Cayenne...

talked to the dealer here in Switzerland, if i order in the next days the Macan turbo would be delivered in May/june. The way i specced it it would cost about 123-125 chf, meaning some 120 chf final price. Makes me think that one could get a Cayenne turbo with few kms for 100 chf instead.. 

I would really also like to see the boot as 500 l are not very much (sanm as a bmw 3 series touring). In a station wagon or other suv though u can load up under the roof, a thing u can not do here (same problem as with the X6). So real life loading capacity needs to be seen... 

Regarding the US import considerations for Switzerland that Gnil mentioned: true, one could get it over there at a huge discount and it would probably be worth it. Only problem we now have here is the the so called CO2 sanction, which will probably make it difficult and less convinient  to do (at least with a new car). 

--

turbolite

Porsche Macan S at LA Auto Show...

Porsche Macan S at LA Auto Show -- Gallery Link

Smiley SmileySmiley

I must really commend Porsche on the excellent level of fit and finish exhibited at the headlamp/bonnet interface.  The fit is extremely difficult to achieve, especially with the potential of a tolerance stack buildup, but Porsche has managed to achieve a precise fit at that juncture. 

For some reason, I find the proportions of the now-classical Porsche IP and console layout perfect in the Macan.  

Gnil:

On the pic the Macan looks like a baby car …… it so low ( roof hight )

it is not that low - the roof line is being massaged by angles, the lowered suspension for load mode  & the height of people. most of the shots have that tweak - what rubbish.

this SUV is only marginally smaller than the last Gen Cayenne - it is not a proper cross over SUV imo as they are to be more car like in size married to the height and clearance of an SUV. this is a second SUV from the company plain & simple. great marketing by them though as they will sell multiples more of this than had they taken the Cayenne GTS and tweaked the body etc to meet this demand.

--

2013 Lotus Evora S/ 2008 Cayenne GTS Manual

2012 991 C2S -PDK / 2010 997.2 turbo cab manual, sold //2008 RS 60 sold /04 C4S sold - 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

MKSGR:
    KresoF1:

I am still struggling to get good reason for choosing Macan turbo over cheaper and more capable(on the road, wet, snow or dry) Audi S6 Avant. IF it is only up to brend prestige...?

One would have to test drive it to see if the Macan has a "special" handling and "feel" Smiley

a sport ute or a station wagon????? - i think it would be best to answer that question first and only after that has been properly adressed, would you then go to a dealor and so not waste their time.

--

2013 Lotus Evora S/ 2008 Cayenne GTS Manual

2012 991 C2S -PDK / 2010 997.2 turbo cab manual, sold //2008 RS 60 sold /04 C4S sold - 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

turbolite:

My wife also loves the Macan, actually much more than the Cayenne...

talked to the dealer here in Switzerland, if i order in the next days the Macan turbo would be delivered in May/june. The way i specced it it would cost about 123-125 chf, meaning some 120 chf final price. Makes me think that one could get a Cayenne turbo with few kms for 100 chf instead.. 

I would really also like to see the boot as 500 l are not very much (sanm as a bmw 3 series touring). In a station wagon or other suv though u can load up under the roof, a thing u can not do here (same problem as with the X6). So real life loading capacity needs to be seen... 

Regarding the US import considerations for Switzerland that Gnil mentioned: true, one could get it over there at a huge discount and it would probably be worth it. Only problem we now have here is the the so called CO2 sanction, which will probably make it difficult and less convinient  to do (at least with a new car). 

exactly my thought as well !

I think if Panamera can have the same idea of shape, then I would buy it immed.    The fact that Porsche tends to bring their designes across all models (except 911), I would highly anticipate for 2015 Panamera.  The front hood in one piece, and rear roof GT Station Wagon look....  Its gonna kill any Lux. Sedan in the market....    I was seriuosly considering Macan, but after added up the options which I wanted, it became way too expensive for little car like this.... The Rear is for kids below 10 years old to sit confortably....   I rather save up the money for the new Panamera, also because the order had rushed in till 2015 delivery already....  no point waiting for that long for this car....   Having said that, Macan is one very very nice looking car in its class, don't think any other car can beat this design.....   I would think the drive is much more sportier than Cayenne (which I never liked SUVs)..... 

The Panamera and the Macan are two completely different pair of shoes. The Panamera isn't only much bigger (longer, wider) but also much more expensive.

The Macan is supposed to be a smaller and more affordable version of the Cayenne. In the process, it may have also become Porsche's sportiest SUV due to the lower weight vs. the Cayenne. On the other hand, the Cayenne is more capable off-road (not that most owners really use it), it has the larger luggage room and the back seats are also suitable for adults.

I like the Macan. It offers customers an option which hasn't existed with Porsche before: The Cayenne was always too slow and if you wanted a faster Cayenne, you have to start with the Cayenne S. Now the Macan S is already pretty fast, the Turbo even faster and all for a much lower price than the Cayenne S or Turbo. I like it.

The Macan not only opens a new customer base for Porsche, it also permits 911 drivers to consider getting the family car from Porsche too. Not many could afford a 911 AND a Cayenne but with the Macan, things have changed. Looking at the price tag of my Cayenne GTS (125k EUR with options), the Macan Turbo with the options I selected almost seems like a bargain (99k EUR).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

There are quite a few more interior leather colours than the ones being shown on the configurator so perhaps they will be added in due course to it. The Leather Package option looks like an interesting choice if trying to keep the price of the car to a sensible level.

Interior colours.JPG

Leather package.JPG

Without full leather, I assume the car won't look too good (just assuming, haven't really checked on it!).

The "acceptable" price level depends on what model you choose. 

The Macan Turbo is somehow acceptable under 100k EUR (base price is 80k over here) but if I think very very hard, actually even this price tag is way too high. For this kind of money, you could almost buy a 911 Turbo 18 years ago or you could buy a 911 Carrera RS Clubsport and another smaller car for the family. 

Still...if someone like me wants to stay with Porsche but cannot afford to drive a 991 Turbo S and an expensive Cayenne Turbo or Turbo S, the Macan Turbo is just perfect. I just hope that the Turbo S will have more standard options.

--

the rear slopes too much, but otherwise looks great, especially the rear lights

hunterone:

I've pulled the trigger. The demand for this car is very high and the allocation in Austria for S and Turbo models is miserable. Our dealer (largest in Austria) gets 2014 around 60 S Diesel, 5-6 Turbo and 5-6 S. Right now no customer spec'd S slot is available for 2014 delivery anymore and only 1 Turbo slot for June 2014 delivery is open. The dealer is complaining because there is much more demand for S and Turbo models than Porsche HQ thinks. He has 3 S and 3 Turbos Dealer Launch Cars to choose from.

I've ordered today one of the dealer (or lets better say Porsche) spec'd cars with no chance to change anything. But I’m quite happy with the configuration. Initially I wanted an Macan S but with equal options the difference between S and Turbo is only 13k €. 

Only things missing are privacy glass but that can be retrofitted with foil and a trailer hitch which can also be retrofitted.

Delivery will be launch day 04.04.2014.

Macan Turbo 21" Rims Modell 95BAF1D1

400 PS/ 294 KW, PDK-Automatik-Getriebe
    Farbe: weiß/white (0Q0Q)
    Innen: schwarz/black (VF)
    Dachreling in schwarz lackiert (3S5)
    Fußmatten (0TD)
    Handyvorbereitung (9W5)
    Interieurpaket Klavierlack schwarz (5TL)
    Laderaummanagement (3GN)
    Online-Dienste (UN1)
    Panorama Dachsystem (3FU)
    ParkAssistent v+h inkl. Rückfahrkamera (7X8)
    Porsche Car Connect (PCC) (7G9)
    Radnabenabd. m. farbigem Porsche Wappen (1NP)
    Raucher-Paket (9JB)
    Seitenscheibenleiste schwarz (hochglanz) (QJ4)
    Sideblades Carbon (6H3)
    Sitzheizung vorne (4A3)
    Sonnenrollo Fondseitenfenster mechanisch (3Y4)
    Sport Chrono Paket bei PCM (QR5)
    Tempolimitanzeige (9Q6)
    Tempostat (8T1)

Nice specs, did the same thing and with the options I want (and have on my Cayenne S) the price diff with the turbo is very low.

The only thing I would consider is getting the 20" wheels. Think they look great and important less risk of damaging them:

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

But 21" looks soooo much better...

--

I really like the design! Rear lights are beautiful and screen Porsche design all over!

My wife says 'beautiful but looks like a mouse, way to small' ;) ... The tinyier the woman, the bigger the car LOL

SportCarGroup:

But 21" looks soooo much better...

I have 21" on my Cayenne, but for the Macan I think they look too big. Plus personally I like the 20" design a lot.

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

I have to agree...20'' wheels at max, the 21'' don't look good because of the (smaller) brake calipers.

--

Some slightly better pics of the wheel options.

Wheel options.JPG

I quite like the 20-inch sport design rims

Can the 20" be fitted with all season tires?

SciFrog:

Can the 20" be fitted with all season tires?

Yes. Only the 21" option is not available in conjunction with all season tyres.

FlatSix911:

I quite like the 20-inch sport design rims

I would probably go for the RS Spyder rim, kind of reminds me of my 991 Turbo S rims. Smiley This time painted in black though, right now I am considering painting my 991 Turbo S rims in black too, the silver really annoys me. Smiley I thought I could live with it but it seems I can't. Smiley

--

18" for me.  If they had a 17" I would go for that.

GM Austin:

18" for me.  If they had a 17" I would go for that.

Why??

--

I want more sidewall.  This is an SUV after all.  I don't want to worry about bending a rim if I hit a pothole or travel some rough terrain off-road.  I see no advantage to the larger wheels, just potential problems.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    812474 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    452789 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    272887 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    91954 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    8799 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

891091 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    849690 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM