Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Nissan GTR engine failure recall in some parts of Europe

Carlos from Spain:
    fritz:
    Whoopsy:

I have 5 friends who bought the GTR, 1 guy who doesn't drive fast had a engine breakdown within 6000km (he doesn't drive fast, bought the GTR for the looks), ........................ 

I'm guessing he doesn't drive fast due to his poor eyesight? Smiley 

SmileySmileySmiley

On come one guys. GTR is the ultimate ricer, and some people do like that.

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=42256

R35 Propshaft System have some noise... Smiley

--

Are these recalls similar to the RMS recall Porsche did just after they discovered the problem? Oh, wait....

--

...the only thing stopping you in all likelihood, is you!

That switch has a "Race" warranty, I want one!

Eunice:

Smiley

Eunice:

You've misunderstood the function of that switch, Eunice.  Smiley

When the "Warranty" switch is pressed, the "Void" light below it is turned on. Smiley

--

fritz

fritz:
    Eunice:

You've misunderstood the function of that switch, Eunice.  Smiley

When the "Warranty" switch is pressed, the "Void" light below it is turned on. Smiley

I would not drive the car in "snow" or "comf" either, so why use "void"?

Why is it that jokes never get better when explained?

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/140519-gearbox-failure.html

Gearbox Failure

After reading all the issues with gearbox failures I had an issue with mine last night.

Went to Asda and parked, no problems. Came out and on driving out, the car gave me an error as T/M system failure and only operated in 1,3,5. I had to have it recovered to Nobles. Car is a 2009 satnav with only 4k on the clock.

I have to say I don't really care if its a stuck solenoid or missed gears or a gearbox failure, my confidence in this car is not high.

I've just filled out my form for next years Cannonball and I'm now concerned about using the GTR for this.

Ally

--

Check your gas pedal for cracks

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=42630

--

You got to be kidding me! Wow! Smiley

--

There is no try. Just do.

"A moment later I was holding it and there was no longer a GT-R attached to it"

And just when I though I had heard it all 

--

Yeah, but it's a 'great' car! Smiley I guess this is one of the reasons it costs less than a TT.

Carlos from Spain:

"A moment later I was holding it and there was no longer a GT-R attached to it"

And just when I though I had heard it all 

--

I was just about to quote this too Smiley Smiley Smiley

Life is as it should be after all. So sorry for all the GT-R owners though.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Do you suffer from exploding engines?

Wierd transmission failures?

Is your sports car slower than advertised?

Than you own a .....

DATSUN !   

Smiley

http://www.fastestlaps.com/articles/gt-r_technical_problems_still_not_sorted.html

GT-R technical problems still not sorted?

I was reading some Auto Motor und Sport article online, one where they compared the Porsche Turbo, Nissan GT-R (Black Edition) and Audi R8 V10 at Hockenheim. The Turbo won slightly ahead the GT-R which, in turn, was slightly ahead of the R8 V10.

In the same article they claimed that they wanted to do a northloop test with the same three cars, but the GT-R (Euro model - without launch control) failed, because the transmission was overheating and the car had to crawl back to pit in the fail-safe mode.

Exactly the same happend some time ago during a best motoring Tsukuba 5 lap battle. To make it even more worse, in the same article they noted that they took the GT-R to the 2010 Nardo high speed tests for production cars in Italy, however, in the article the GT-R was not mentioned or photographed, because at the first flying lap at 314km/h (195mph) the GT-R's engine died.

Are there any other technical problems with the 2010 GT-R known from other car magazine tests?

P.S. Without launch control the Euro spec GT-R can achieve only 4.0 second 0-100km/h time.

--

Porsche 997 GT2 & Porsche Cayenne Turbo 8-Spd

Sure, in SportAuto's Supertest, they took two cars, one wen't boom during the test 

--

For Nissan, this is pathetic. Their reputation will suffer a lot from these issues if they don't sort them out soon. I just hope they are generous when it comes to repairs.

Or to say it with a couple of well known words: you get what you pay for.  

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=46752

This thread is in direct response to the needs of user - GT3240X2. This guys GTR has experienced two of the most common problems we are seeing now with the GR6 transmission in the GTR. This first of these is Line Pressure Sensor failure. Normally when this happens the transmission goes into limp mode and displays zero pressure on the dash. Replacement sensors are not available so we engineered this solution for it - WR35TPU (Transmission Pressure Unit), which replaces factory line pressure and/or Clutch Pressure sensors.

First up you remove the valve body and unwind the factory sensor as pictured.

Now our WR35TPU unit we choose to mount remotely. There are a couple of good reasons for this allowing simple access should it ever require changing again, and also so we can use a larger bodied and different spec sensor in the aim of better durability.The new WR35TPU sensor comes with the braided line, wiring etc. to make it a plug and play fitment.

With WR35TPU now installed it mounts up neatly alongside the valve body of the transmission and does its job. In fact save for a small section of the braided line being visible you wouldnt even know it was there

Second problem is Synchro failure. The large chunks some folks are finding in their oil and on their magnets are the nicely machined teeth from the stoppers on the synchro dog rings in the transmission. Most commonly 4th gear ring breaks, sometimes first, sometimes second. The result is damaged synchros and the possibility of an over-selected gear which can lead to gear failure. This is a design problem and not dictated by driving style, power outputs, or brand/type of lubricant. Our solution to this problem is simple, affordable, but took many hours of design work. We call it WR35GS (Gear Stopper). Let me explain how it works -

Evidence of over-selection and synchro failure in the transmission are these little black teeth on the magnets throughout the box. Failure is not too far away at this point. It can happen to anyone, anytime.

To fix the problem WR35GS modifies the throw of the transmission so that the selector simply cannot bounce off the dog ring on the back of the synchro and cause this damage. We modify this action at the valve body which requires the piston covers be removed (simple job).

Our WR35GS gear stoppers then locate between the piston and the end plate to effectively limit the throw of the selector and keep the vital internals of the transmission from bouncing off each other then turning to metal schrapnel. A simple design yet extremely effective, and tested to work and emiminate the chance of damage in the gearbox.

--
    http://i53.tinypic.com/rkqw4h.jpg

My question is still unanswered: did Nissan address the well known issues in the new 2011 updated GT-R ? If they did, this would be the hell of an offer for sports car fans around the world.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

By 2/2011 we will get to know when US customers get their hands on MY2011 GTR

--

Smiley

--

hahaha great tow picture.

Not sure how many problems are with the 2011, but if Nissan didn't address previous problems it's a complete joke..

Lol at the above, Built it yourself kit.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

I could seriously consider buying a GT-R...if Nissan fixed the mentioned issues.

For under 100000 EUR for the black edition, this is really a bargain. I still don't like the huge rear wing, it should be 911 Turbo-like...retractable but hey, potential customers seem to love these wings. 

Seriously, Nissan: make a version without that dumb looking wing, fix all the issues and I may buy one...instead of a 991 Carrera S. 

Not going to happen...I guess. 

--

I would still rather the 991 Carrera S even if they fixed all those issues..

+1

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

palenimbus:

I would still rather the 991 Carrera S even if they fixed all those issues..

From a performance point of view, certainly not. Smiley

--

Well if the rumors are true and the 991 does the ring in 7.40, that's close to the GTR's 7.38 Sport Auto time. 

EDIT: I would suppose the new 2011 GTR is faster than 7.38 but anyway..

palenimbus:

Well if the rumors are true and the 991 does the ring in 7.40, that's close to the GTR's 7.38 Sport Auto time. 

EDIT: I would suppose the new 2011 GTR is faster than 7.38 but anyway..

In order to beat the GT-R round a track the 991 Carrera S should be at least at the 997 GT2 level, that would a great achievement but somehow I don't see it happening.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781073 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442605 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263368 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261686 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85833 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5917 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881453 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818984 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM