Crown

Forum - Thread

Finally done it

Hello everyone!

Just to let you know that Porsche_lover has become a Porsche owner.

It has been a horrible process (sleepless nights, the issue whether or not I am too young, if it would be accepted by friends and family, ...) but I am relieved that that is over now SmileySmileySmiley.

I am in love with the Porsche cars for quite some time now and especially since I drove a 911 myself when I was 20.

Some of you will recollect my thread on a 996 (http://www.rennteam.com/forum/thread/20136260/Quick_TC__PSM_question/page1.html), but following RC's advice (and after some extensive additional waiting, i.e. one full month Smiley), my wife and I bought a 997 Carrera 2.

The car has 65.000 km, official Porsche warranty, BOSE, adaptive sport seats, sunroof, navigation, telephone, sport chrono, heated seats, standard wheels (with colored crest), self-dimming mirrors and some other minor goodies. Colors are seal grey over black. The car was first put on the road in February 2005.

I bought it from the Porsche center where I plan to have the maintenance done and hope not to risk too many things (i.e. exploding engine) with the Porsche warranty. The car got 4 new tires as well as brake pads and discs. The drive is very good and the car is stable on the road. Paint thickness measurement does not show any repaints, so the car should we free of accidents.

It feels like a dream come true and I can't wait (my wife can confirm). For the critics out there, I know it is just a plain vanilla carrera 2, but for the "kid inside" it really is the ultimate car.

Pick-up is scheduled somewhere this week. 

Re: Finally done it

What a wonderful story

Many people on Rennteam have felt exactly the same way as you have - for years, we've dreamt of having a P car, we've saved up the cash, we've agonised over the specification and then we've waited patiently for the big day to come.

I am really so happy for you and your wife 

Warmest congratulations on making your dream into a reality   

Thanks for sharing your story  Now, we want to see some pics when the big day comes  And then don't forget to share photos of your adventures in your car 

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Great news, Porsche_lover, now Porsche_owner.

Enjoy in good health and post some pics when you finally got your car.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Porsche_lover:

................................. I know it is just a plain vanilla carrera 2, ........................

If there is such a thing as a plain vanilla 911, then it is the very best Bourbon vanilla.  

Enjoy your car!  Smiley

--

fritz

Good move, looking forward to the updates

--

Slow In, Fast Out

Excellent! We look forward to seeing photos.

--

A. Dias --- 997.2S. Previous cars: Corvette C6,  996 C4.

It is a wise purchase. You needed to scratch that itch.Smiley

Later, if Porsche is everything you dreamed it to be you can make a move toward a newer model.

Enjoy the car as I am sure you will.

BTW, is your wife planning to ride along or letting you tool around on your own.Smiley 

--

Congratulations and enjoy your dream!

congrats

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Very well done Porsche_lover, congrats! 

Looking forward to seeing the pics 

--

Many congrats on achieving your dream.....now it's onwards and upwards.  

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Congrats,, enjoy in good health......

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

It sounds like this is the beginnings of a wondrous affair.  Did you sleep with her on the first night? 

I am happy for you! Enjoy the car in good health! Smiley

And enjoy the feeling. No matter what you are going to buy next the first 911 will always have a special place in your heart. Trust me on this one Smiley

--
    There is no try. Just do.

Cpngrats ! seems like your wife is into it as well, that makes it much better cause you can share the joy together. Hope you have many happy moments with it.

Congratulations !!!! This feeling will never be the same...the first one time is always the best one

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Pentium:

.... enjoy the feeling .... the first 911 will always have a special place in your heart. Trust me on this one Smiley

Very true Smiley

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Congrats! I had such a car and I loved it.

--

997 GT3 RS

Congrat's. You'll always remember the first one!

Thank you all for the very kind words and best wishes. This is much appreciated Smiley

For those who like the kind of stories, Porsche has always made me aim that bit higher (trying to do better in school, university and so on) and this was conveniently "exploited" by my parents as well to keep me motivated Smiley Heck, because of the Porsche, I even bought an apartment quicker than foreseen (to avoid the costly Luxembourg rent / being able to justify spending the money on a Porsche).

The first time I took my wife (obviously back then, my date) out for dinner - when we walked back, there was a 911 that stopped to let some people cross the road and accelerated afterwards. When my date / wife said "only for the sound alone", you guys can imagine I knew instantly she would be the woman of my life Smiley

She likes cars (luckily, because without her I would never have been able to buy the car) and she will drive the Porsche too (albeit not that spirited as I will do - I hope so Smiley).

I can imagine that the first Porsche will be the best, and that's why I intend to keep her for some time as well.

I already include one picture here below and will post some more pictures once I have the car. I am just hoping that the wetter will be on our side, because winter tires are not scheduled for this season.

Anyone willing to share some useful tips for a newbie on a 911 (other than starting gently with the car and taking the time to get to know her)?

kfz16223625_hrbi12.01.2009036.jpg

Congrats Porsche_owner 

Many congrats SmileySmileySmiley The color looks great on your car Smiley 

Porsche_lover:

When my date / wife said "only for the sound alone", you guys can imagine I knew instantly she would be the woman of my life Smiley

Many congrats, P_L  on both, the wife and the first Porsche - wonderful story Smiley

I love Seal Grey combined with the clean design of the Carrera rims - looks already like a Classic to me Smiley

Book some proper training (Porsche Sport Driving School, European Speed Club or similar) to get accustomed to the car. Thereafter enjoy a spin following the great winding roads from Luxemburg to the magic strip of tarmac in the nearby Eifel mountains Smiley

--

public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Eunice:

Congrats Porsche_owner 

THE BEST Porsche advert of them all....

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

John H:
    Eunice:

Congrats Porsche_owner 

I couldn't agree more!

Most likely, more than half of the people here can identify themselves with the kid Smiley

Porsche_lover:
    John H:
    Eunice:

Congrats Porsche_owner 

I couldn't agree more!

Most likely, more than half of the people here can identify themselves with the kid Smiley

+1 that porsche add is by far the best car commercial ever. 

Enmanuel:
    Porsche_lover:
    John H:
    Eunice:

Congrats Porsche_owner 

I couldn't agree more!

+1 that porsche add is by far the best car commercial ever. 

I can only agree for 300%Smiley

Congrats to the new kid in the club!

--

ex 965 3.3turbo/ ex 993 targa / ex 996 cab /

now 997S cabrio //  Audi A5 S-line 3.0tdi Quattro

Very well, congrats to your new stage of life.
    I like the story as I get remembered on my own youth.
    I was maybe 12 years old when I strolled through the city seeing a lot of expensive cars parking around.
    No joke, I swore to myself at this time :
    "No matter what happens, later I'll drive such cars."  I've made it come true.
    Furthermore all the best for you and your wife.Smiley

--
    Kind regards, Conny 
    More pics: http://www.dayboox.com/group/Connys%20Galerie
    Porsche 997 Turbo * Porsche Cayenne GTS * BMW X5M

Conny997:

... I was maybe 12 years old when I strolled through the city seeing a lot of expensive cars parking around.
    No joke, I swore to myself at this time :
    "No matter what happens, later I'll drive such cars."  I've made it come true.

I feel / felt exactly the same way Smiley

Once more, thank you for the kind wishes.

I took possession of the car this Saturday and have already done a 1000 km. The car feels fabulous and is really marvelous to drive. I do not have that much time right now (one of the conditions of getting the car that my wife set out, was not spending all my free time on the car and related stuff), but I cannot stress out how fabulous it is: whether you just start the engine or accelerate to the redline.

I took it out for a spin this evening and I had my first encounter with a fellow Porsche (997.2 C4S) and we did some spirited driving (chasing each other). SmileySmileySmiley My first Porsche - Porsche experience Smiley

As a side note, for the first time during our marriage, my wife almost made my cry (statement from her during pick-up "Was that dent already there?" Smiley). Furthermore, I feel "sorry" for the guys who buy such a car from new (the wait must be horrible - I needed to wait 2 weeks and it felt like ages, I couldn't even sleep the night before) Smiley.  Only minus of the car seems to be small fuel tank, but I love her so much, that I can't blame her, it gives me the opportunity to stop, fill her up, admire her and do some acceleration.

The car is sleeping in the garage right now, she's a bit dirty (lousy Lux weather for the moment), but she's prettier than ever. She's used for the purpose she's made for (I have not done one trip shorter than 50 km), I let her warm up gently and drive her spirited. I don't have any pictures for the time being (too much driving Smiley), but I will post something later on.

I you will excuse me, I am gonna go down to see if she's still there (and that this is not a dream from which I am about to wake up).

Best regards!

Good for you, buddy..Both of you (wifey) take care.....

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    778307 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442086 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262973 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261248 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5717 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880921 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816611 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM