Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

MKII GT3

Where are the pics and reviews of any customer delivered GT3's in the states? C'mon someone must have taken delivery.

Re: MKII GT3

Thanks so much for taking the time. I have seen those. I guess I was looking for some photos from Rennteam members.

SmileyJust picked mine up Friday.

It is an absolutely thrill to drive and the sound is out of this world .

Only problem for now is to be patient with the break in of the car. Porsche recommend not exceeding 4200rpm for the first 2k. I took it out on the country roads the whole day with a good variation of gears and speed. 

Another small problem. The first series of MKII did not offer the engine mount and lift options. I have a hard time leaving my driveway without scraping the front lip.

If weather permits I will burn another two tanks Sunday Smiley

HOV:

That's how it should be! Smiley

Many congrats! Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

HOV:

SmileyJust picked mine up Friday.

It is an absolutely thrill to drive and the sound is out of this world .

Only problem for now is to be patient with the break in of the car. Porsche recommend not exceeding 4200rpm for the first 2k. I took it out on the country roads the whole day with a good variation of gears and speed. 

Another small problem. The first series of MKII did not offer the engine mount and lift options. I have a hard time leaving my driveway without scraping the front lip.

That's what I want to hear, a Rennteamer thoroughly enjoying his MKII GT3. Please more on your driver feedback, specs and pics! I have to wait until Dec to get mine only to look at it in the garage until spring. I waited for DE Mounts although I will likely never realize their potential.

Again Congratulations!

we need picssssssssssssss!!!

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

Super Darius:

we need picssssssssssssss!!!

+1 Smiley

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

GT3MKII_2.jpg GT3MKII_2.jpg

I vent with the silver as you can see. I know most will go for white or red but I find the silver so much easier to keep up. I'm considering a black decal "GT3" on the side as I really like silver and black together. What are your thoughs on decals?

It's a real experience to drive, everything is soooo tight and you simply put the front wheels where you wanna go and the rest of the car will follow - one way or another.

The shitfter is very short and initially it is quite hard. Without slots you got to be careful especially between 4->5 and 6->5.

I'm using it as a daily ride so took the PCM with Bluetooth, Nav, and Chrono+. The dealer told me in January that the sports button only was available with the chrono package but I think sports button is standard. The SC has a nice features as you can download the data from the recorded labs or any recorded stretch of road.

The standard seat fits me well and if I end up spending more time on the track I might get ONE racing seat.

No extra leather, carbon, alu, just plain interior. It makes it easy to clean and although the leather looks nice it requires special cleaning agents and conditioner and when it wears it looks less decireable. 

I also took the rain sensor option as I really like that in my Cayenne.

From the dealer I had the 3M stone guard put on and a Boomerang tracking system.

GT3MKII_1.jpg

My dogs hates to drive but took an instant liking to the GT3. What can I say the dog got taste!

GT3MKII_3.jpg 

Beautiful! Congrats  

--
    05' C4S

HOV,Great in silver,and with black decals will be sporty and elegant at the same time!

Maybe you can ask the decals in dark grey,like the rims,will be the top!!

--

Beautiful!
    And on the GT3, decals look good!
    -Joost-

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Great colour for a GT3.

I think Porsche-Jeck will drool...

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Congratulations!!!!! One of the best car to own on the current market 

--
     997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Super Darius:

Maybe you can ask the decals in dark grey,like the rims,will be the top!!

That was my thought as well! Smiley

By the way, what´s that German street sign for in your garage? Smiley

Nice car, good choice... is that Arctic silver??

I have looked around but can't find the decal in meteor gray. I asked my dealer but he was not aware of decal options.

RE sign: No I didn't remove it from  Wolfburg, it came in the mail

911_GT3.jpg 

Yes, Arctic silver.

Wonderful photos - thanks

I would definitely get the decals - they look great  Porsche-Jeck has them on his Arctic Silver 997.1 GT3 - they look fabulous

You dog looks really happy on the back shelf 

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

HOV,

for the decals in all colours,i have this link,try here:

http://www.porschestripes.com/

--

Silver suits the GT3 well, good choice! Go for the decals as well. Enjoy!

--
    993 Targa Black/Black

HOV:

RE sign: No I didn't remove it from  Wolfburg, it came in the mail

If they sell copies, I'd like to know the source, please!

Is there a Porschestrasse in Wolfsburg too, BTW?

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

reginos:

Is there a Porschestrasse in Wolfsburg too, BTW?

Why not?

Without Porsche, Wolfsburg would not have become the city it is today. Smiley

--

fritz

Yes, there is. Goes from the Phaeno museum (which is devided from the Autostadt by the railroad tracks) into the city centre.

I think it was sent out from either the dealer or Porsche NA as part of a Cayenne promotion.

I have seen it on

http://www.carlsenporsche.com/accessories.php?action=details&catalog_id=785&category=15

Rossi:

Great colour for a GT3.

Smiley Indeed not only the MKI looks fantastic in Arctic Silver Smiley - many many congrats HOV Smiley I wish you ten thousands of happy miles in this dream machine. Silver accentuates the beautiful lines of the car very well.

At my favourite playground I have spotted maybe 10  MKII so far - predominant colour: Carrara White (looks very good IMO). A friend decorated his Carrara White toy with some Gulf Blue stripes - also a great looking combo. I didn't like the Guards Red on the car Smiley.

As for the decals: mandatory on the GT3 Smiley

Here is an example with black decals: very fresh pic (yesterday) of my humble MKI GT3.

BTW I was fighting hard to keep in front of a 3.8 GT3 until I finally gave up and let him overtake Smiley

I felt a bit better when I arrived at the gate again and recognised the guy behind the wheel: the Master himself ... Smiley Not sure which colour he prefers for his own cars, but the factory GT3 was painted in Carrara White.

Karu4.JPG

--
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

HOV:

I think it was sent out from either the dealer or Porsche NA as part of a Cayenne promotion.

I have seen it on

http://www.carlsenporsche.com/accessories.php?action=details&catalog_id=785&category=15

Unfortunately it cannot be ordered from abroad Smiley

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

Porsche-Jeck:

very fresh pic (yesterday) of my humble MKI GT3.

I arrived at the gate again and recognised the guy behind the wheel: the Master himself ...  

Not humble at all Smiley Your 997.1 GT3 is magnificent P-J Smiley

The Master himself - wow Smiley Did you get a chance to speak to him? I guess Walter must have been busy on a testing schedule...

--

Porsche-Jeck:
    Rossi:

Great colour for a GT3.

Smiley Indeed not only the MKI looks fantastic in Arctic Silver Smiley - many many congrats HOV Smiley I wish you ten thousands of happy miles in this dream machine. Silver accentuates the beautiful lines of the car very well.

At my favourite playground I have spotted maybe 10  MKII so far - predominant colour: Carrara White (looks very good IMO). A friend decorated his Carrara White toy with some Gulf Blue stripes - also a great looking combo. I didn't like the Guards Red on the car Smiley.

As for the decals: mandatory on the GT3 Smiley

Here is an example with black decals: very fresh pic (yesterday) of my humble MKI GT3.

BTW I was fighting hard to keep in front of a 3.8 GT3 until I finally gave up and let him overtake Smiley

I felt a bit better when I arrived at the gate again and recognised the guy behind the wheel: the Master himself ... Smiley Not sure which colour he prefers for his own cars, but the factory GT3 was painted in Carrara White.

Karu4.JPG

P-J,

it seems that people like to customize the exterior of their GT3s, is it the same with the interior?  Or do they keep it black (standard color) and just add if needed roll-cage, fire extinguisher, etc.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    775729 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    440894 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262342 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260531 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84947 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5448 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879936 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    814888 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM