Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: i spec'd my car today

cdixon:

The one thing i can't make my mind up on is the PCCB, as the new standard brakes look the business.... But i still keep thinking about PCCB as this next car will be a keeper !!!!! 

So far the GT3 would´ve been the car I´d have ordered with steel brakes and this should be intensified by the upgraded brakes on the Mk.2 model. The fact, that Porsche improved the steel version should say something about the customers´ preferences. There are, without a doubt, benefits with PCCB but I still tend to believe that Porsche intentionally set-up brake feel to make the more expensive option appear superior instantly. After all, I just could not justify the expenses to replace these brakes if it does wear out prematurely. Since you are not in a hurry, I would wait for the first reports about the new model´s brake performance.

The RS model is rumoured to be differentiated more significantly on this version, due to your current situation it might indeed be the best choice to wait and see how the final product will turn out.

Your current spec shows two white interior elements (B-pillar outlet, gearlever trim), you might possibly add dashboard trim or airvents painted as well?

reginos:

raffi, it is not a sport chrono plus but a chrono plus. If you don't specify, no stopwatch on the dash. If you specify nothing to do with engine (like on your current car) but you get a timing/ recording facility with save and download possibility. Your choice!

In addition to the stopwatch function one can change the individual memory settings for light, locking etc. (only if you order PCM) but these can be changed manually via the dealer´s interface as well.

Can someone explain me the real world advantages of dynamic engine mounts 

It is coming from Porsche Motorsports but can't figure out how this helps on driving dynamics.. 

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

Ferdie:
    reginos:

raffi, it is not a sport chrono plus but a chrono plus. If you don't specify, no stopwatch on the dash. If you specify nothing to do with engine (like on your current car) but you get a timing/ recording facility with save and download possibility. Your choice!

In addition to the stopwatch function one can change the individual memory settings for light, locking etc. (only if you order PCM) but these can be changed manually via the dealer´s interface as well.

Yes, you can program some personal setting for wipers and A/C too, but that's minor service for someone who doesn't like the dash stopwatch. People order this option for the Sport and now Sport Plus buttons that come with it, which don't exist on the GT3 and GT2 models.

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

pride355:

It is coming from Porsche Motorsports but can't figure out how this helps on driving dynamics.. 

The more rigid the engine mounts the more connected the engine/transmission assembly to the body resulting in crisper throttle response, shifter feel and better handling under aggresive conditions. This is more so on a rear engined car like the 911 that the engine hangs out at the back.

Solid racing engine mounts have been a feature of racing 911s since the 70s, and many variants are offered as aftermarket parts now for track use.

The downside of course of having rigid engine mounts is lots of internal vibration and harshness and worse ride comfort.

The GT3 dynamic mounts are designed to offer the best of both worlds i.e. the comfort of normal rubber mounts and the sportiness of rigid racing mounts. According to Porsche this electronically controlled system minimises noticeable oscillations and vibrations in the whole drive system, particularly the engine.

We'll see how successful this new option is, next September.

--

reginos:

Yes, you can program some personal setting for wipers and A/C too, but that's minor service for someone who doesn't like the dash stopwatch. People order this option for the Sport and now Sport Plus buttons that come with it, which don't exist on the GT3 and GT2 models.

I agree. When I first ordered my Carrera S, I used to like the idea of having a stop watch on the dash; sounded cool to me.

However, during the ownership, I started to think that it spoils the smooth lines of the dash which was covered with leather. It starts to irritate me after 6 months from the delivery. Only thing it was good for "sport" button which is, IMO, a big rip off from Porsche Smiley

That kind of throttle response features come start with this kind of sports car but in a Porsche, you pay premium for that feature.

On the other hand, now for the PDK, sports chorono is a must for "sport" and "sport plus" features. Again, you pay extra for PDK and it doesn't come with its all features without SC and if you have PDK, you pay more for SC. This is another shame from Porsche SmileySmiley This kind of marketing moves make me dislike Porsche Smiley (well, I'm not important but this really annoys me)

So I also think that SC is useless in a GT3 since it already comes with "sport" feature. It spoils the look of the dash, IMO..
    --

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

reginos:
    pride355:

The more rigid the engine mounts the more connected the engine/transmission assembly to the body resulting in crisper throttle response, shifter feel and better handling under aggresive conditions. This is more so on a rear engined car like the 911 that the engine hangs out at the back.

Solid racing engine mounts have been a feature of racing 911s since the 70s, and many variants are offered as aftermarket parts now for track use.

The downside of course of having rigid engine mounts is lots of internal vibration and harshness and worse ride comfort.

The GT3 dynamic mounts are designed to offer the best of both worlds i.e. the comfort of normal rubber mounts and the sportiness of rigid racing mounts. According to Porsche this electronically controlled system minimises noticeable oscillations and vibrations in the whole drive system, particularly the engine.

We'll see how successful this new option is, next September.

Thank you for the explanation Smiley

It is very funny that manafacturers find new things everyday that you hadn't thought of before.

I tracked my Carrera S a few times, and most of the time I drove it fast and agressively, and never thought that the car had too much vibration in the drivetrain. Now, there is this option and you know that it is good for sports driving, it will be on top of the order list Smiley

You will feel the difference for sure, but never need it before. We humans are very interesting creatures Smiley

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

I passed my specs to the dealer last week. This is my specs for Nov 09 delivery

1) Carrara White (B4)
    2) Leather Black (78)
    3) Automatically Dimming (P12)
    4) Dynamic Engine Mounting (140)
    5) Porsche Ceramic Composite Break, PCCB, (450)
    6) Lift system front axle (474)
    7) Floor Mats (810)
    8) Adaptive sport seats (P01)
    9) Instrument dials in speed yellow (XFH)
    10) Sport Chrono timer display painted in speed yellow (CGH)
    11) Sports seat backrests colored (XSA)
    12) Seat belts speed yellow (XSY)
    13) Footrests in sports look (XXZ)
    14) Porsche crest embossed in head restraints (XSC)
    15) Lid of storage bin in alcantara with logo (XLG)
    16) Gear lever trim in leather (XDZ)
    17) Interior package carbon (EZA)
    18) Additional interior package carbon (EZB)
    19) Outer door-sill guards in carbon (X69)
    20) Rear section of center console in carbon (XMJ)
    21) Sound package plus (490)
    22) Sport chrono package plus (640)
    23) Porsche communication management, PCM, (P23)

What do you think guys? over specd?

Very complete spec!

You took out the Dynamic Cornering Lights and the Painted Washer Nozzles. Why? The USB interface would have been a good option if you want to download data from your Sport chrono

IMO it's over speced if you are changing the car soon, in which case you will lose the cost of many of the expensive options on resale. But if you keep the car (and it is worth keeping) then the spec is fine.

--

reginos:

Very complete spec!

You took out the Dynamic Cornering Lights and the Painted Washer Nozzles. Why? The USB interface would have been a good option if you want to download data from your Sport chrono

IMO it's over speced if you are changing the car soon, in which case you will lose the cost of many of the expensive options on resale. But if you keep the car (and it is worth keeping) then the spec is fine.

I don't see value for dynamic cornering. That is the feedback I saw from those who got it on this forum too.

Painted washer nozzles, never got my attention for not being painted.

USB comes standard with PCM in Bahrain.

I'll probably leave the car until the next GT3 (998) comes out.

What about the steering wheel? I have always been happy with leather. Should I keep it Alcantara or get leather?

rfakhri:

1) Carrara White (B4)
    2) Leather Black (78)
    7) Floor Mats (810)

Excellent spec but sounds expensive.

Well done Smiley

How much is the list price without tax are added??

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

rfakhri:

What about the steering wheel? I have always been happy with leather. Should I keep it Alcantara or get leather?

IMO if the rest of the cabin,especially the gear knob is in alcantara, the st.wheel must be matching in alcantara. Again it's a personal thing. Alcantara gives better grip but IMO it looks scraffy after a while.

--

reginos:

Very complete spec!

IMO it's over spec ed if you are changing the car soon, in which case you will lose the cost of many of the expensive options on resale. But if you keep the car (and it is worth keeping) then the spec is fine.

That's the problem with optional extras on resale you don't get anywhere near your money back,,there on your car for resale strength....

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

^agree, I would like to order a SY GT3 now, but I will end up with tons of optional extra. That's why I will wait for the GT3RS instead, the RS won't need that much options.

rfakhri:
    reginos:

Very complete spec!

I don't see value for dynamic cornering. That is the feedback I saw from those who got it on this forum too.

i would definitely get the alcantara steering wheel unless you get the carbon shifter and hand brake.

if you dont get the painted washers then that will be the only chrome piece on the entire car and look out of place.

did you see the dynamic lights in person? they look pretty cool and are fairly inexpensive. i cant imagine they will make the driving experience any worse.

--
    05 997S

pride355:
    rfakhri:

1) Carrara White (B4)
    2) Leather Black (78)
    7) Floor Mats (810)

Excellent spec but sounds expensive.

Well done Smiley

How much is the list price without tax are added??

Around US$ 131k

raffi:
    rfakhri:
    reginos:

Very complete spec!

i would definitely get the alcantara steering wheel unless you get the carbon shifter and hand brake.

if you dont get the painted washers then that will be the only chrome piece on the entire car and look out of place.

did you see the dynamic lights in person? they look pretty cool and are fairly inexpensive. i cant imagine they will make the driving experience any worse.

You are wright about the washers.

Yes, I did see the cornering in person. but not really sure if I just want to add it for looks only.

rfakhri, Can you tell me what's the price of a base gt3 in bahrain? Is it around BD41k just like the US?

alcantara wheel for sure !

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Killa_por:

rfakhri, Can you tell me what's the price of a base gt3 in bahrain? Is it around BD41k just like the US?

It is around BD 43.7k (US$ 116k)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777697 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441884 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262864 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261076 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85341 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5626 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880746 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816205 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM