Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Clear Bra provider in Los Angeles area?

I tried to search the forums, but was unsuccessful. So I apologize if this is a repeat. Looking for someone to install a full hood clear bra.

Thanks

Re: Clear Bra provider in Los Angeles area?

I just got this brochure at the LA auto show
    www.invisiblebra.com

good luck!!!

Try the International Love Boutique

Have Sam at premier do it. He will be in L.A. in a couple weeks. You can find him on rennlist. He is either the best or one of the best.

Thanks for the recos...will check out. The dealer recommendation didnt answer or call back after I left several voice mails.

Sam at Premier is by the far the best in my opinion.

Try emailing him at sales@premiermobilegroup.com.

Sam is awesome from the pics I have seen all over the web.
    I chose envisage design labs since I couldnt wait for sam to make his tour to Los Angeles.
    But either one is great. as far as I know they use different material Premier uses venture and EDL uses 3m aerospace... BH porsche recc'd EDL

I've been leaving messages for Envisage...and never got a call back. I thought they went out of business. Will try again.

I believe Premier's next tour of LA is April. The one in January that was scheduled around 1/27 has been canceled, AFAIK.

Quote:
    996toomey said:
    Have Sam at premier do it. He will be in L.A. in a couple weeks. You can find him on rennlist. He is either the best or one of the best.

anybody have envisage's contact info?

thanks

Here is Envisage's number: 310-787-7544

Edre and Bhane at Envisage are the best. They have done all of my cars, including a custom job on my Carrera GT which came out perfect, and their prices are very reasonable.

Amir

Re: Clear Bra provider in South Florida area?

How about the South Florida area? Anyone find a good installer here?

khansdad,
    at first i googled envisage to get there contact info and it was actually wrong...
    the number that amir gave should get you there
    full info:
    20710 Manhatten Place #116
    Torrance, CA 90501
    they also have a cell # listed on the card tell me if you need it.
    Im sure there are tons of great installers but right now I wouldnt trust anyone besides Premier(from net) or Envisage(personal experience). especially after seeing that horrible booth at the LA auto show, I never really appreciated Envisage's work as much until that point, since all I was seeing were perfect jobs...
    Envisage also removed my factory stoneguard which was already yellowing and replaced with the aerospace material leaving much less lines and clarity.
    Helf I am sure premier does tours in florida, otherwise try to research someone that uses 3m aerospace material.
    also another FYI the good installers will charge around 700-900 for basic kit.
    If you get a quote for 350-450 then it will be inferior work and I would much rather buy a few kits and try to doit myself.

Hey guys. Thanks for all the recommendations. I will try Envisage again. The idea of waiting till April would just stress me out. Maybe they are just swamped from the auto show.

Cost of Clear Bra

FYI. It's about $900 for a half bra (+ bumper and fenders). Roughly $1200 for a full bra, but they will need to custom order the material and will NOT do it for a single car.

Anyone in SOCAL looking for a full bra?

Re: Cost of Clear Bra

can you explain the difference to me?

khansdad:

Is that $1200 for a full hood and bumper 1 piece no seams with 3M aero?

When I had my 997S 2006 done at the dealer , I asked if they can do the whole hood and they told me it can only be done in two pieces, which of course is going to show a seam.

Dealers either are not educated or just say whatever they want at the time to sell. The whole hood is doable all kinds of pictures over on rennlist. Don't know about 3M aero though.

996toomey - thats correct $1200 for full hood + bumper + side mirrors + misc. Hood in ONE PIECE with 3M aero. He said that they have to get a larger width piece of 3M aero to do the full hood that they do not carry in stock. (they typically order it to cover things like a camper van) And it sounds like they have a minimum order on the material...so they dont want to pay the $ to order a roll and only use a small % on a single car and have the roll sitting there.

I am going in on Weds to check out the half hood application on some ferraris...(hopefully black) to see how bad it looks. Worse case I might just do bumpers + misc and then wait on the full hood.

Quote:
    khansdad said:
    996toomey - thats correct $1200 for full hood + bumper + side mirrors + misc. Hood in ONE PIECE with 3M aero. He said that they have to get a larger width piece of 3M aero to do the full hood that they do not carry in stock. (they typically order it to cover things like a camper van) And it sounds like they have a minimum order on the material...so they dont want to pay the $ to order a roll and only use a small % on a single car and have the roll sitting there.

I am going in on Weds to check out the half hood application on some ferraris...(hopefully black) to see how bad it looks. Worse case I might just do bumpers + misc and then wait on the full hood.

The dealer did the bumper, lights, mirrors and front bumper
    I didn't want to do half hood because when the car is clean ( i have a Lapis Blue ) is not as noticable but a little dust and the seam shows quite a bit.
    When you check the Ferrari be aware that if the car is recently washed it won't be as noticable as when it has just a little amount of dust.

Good Luck

Pabs. I think I may just go with your solution. Have you had any chips on your hood yet?

Khansdad:

I would be interested in the $1200. whole treatment with the aero. Do you know how many cars they need? I have called them and e-mailed and no response so I am not thrilled with that but I hear their work is good.

996toomey - I'll call them again today and see if they will do it with 2 cars. Will get back to you...

Quote:
    khansdad said:
    Pabs. I think I may just go with your solution. Have you had any chips on your hood yet?

Not yet
    I try when I drive on the highway to stay away from trucks and all kind of loonies out there. I even have a vaction house in Idyllwild and it will be a great drive to take the 997S out there in the little mountain roads but I refuse to go there because to get there I have to use the 91 highway and it is one of the worst roads to drive a nice car.
    If I could truck the car just to the bottom of the mountain and then drive it it will be fine, but I am not that nuts yet.
    By the way the clear bra that I have on the front bumper did stop a small to mid size rock that hit the car the other day.

Here's my two cents on Premier:

I had Premier do my AG 997 and redo the Elise with the factory Starshield on it. On the 997, they did the whole hood & bumper with the raw material. On my Elise, they literally covered the entire front clam, which was quite impressive considering the curvaciousness of these areas. They even covered the headlights when Starshield would not do them. I was told by SVAG that it is not covered because the headlights are too curved. I am 100% satisfied with their work. In fact, I was expecting to be see more of the seams on the bumper, but to be honest, what people around the country are saying is true - these guys are probably the best in the business.

They take great pride in what they do and it shows in the results. Prior to finding them, I was a bit skeptical to having my car "condomized"...especially after seeing what my Starshield looks like on the Elise. There are some strange marks and lines on it that was supposed to "cure out" according to SVAG, but never did. At Stevens Creek, they offered me the Clear Armor stuff and saw what it looked like on black.......garbage. When I started hearing about Premier on these forums, it gave me renewed interest in the stuff after seeing my colleague's black M3's bumper peppered after just 1500 miles.

Premier took the time to pull all of the lights off and cleaned all the crevices. They then took a large roll of film and placed it on the bumper and entire hood. Next thing I know, blades were on my car! However, they eased my concerns by pulling up the film to show that the paint were not cut. As a matter of fact, on my Elise Starshield pieces, they used a blade to cut the film up into long strips so it made it easier to remove! Not one single scratch or cut on the paint once the film is all off. Now that is why I personally consider them at the top of their game. I have never seen nor heard of such precision and skill involved with clear bra intsallations. The hand cut areas look like it was laser cut. In the end, it is the skill with the guys working on the car that really matters and Premier gets my two thumbs way up.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781621 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442763 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263447 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261829 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85932 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5971 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881597 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819434 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM