Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

I SAAAAWWW THE ORDER GUIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i went to my dealer , in his office i saw a file showing 997turbo order guide , my heart started beating! he went out of the office to speak with somebody ,i couldnt help myself ,i took it ! and started to read like crazy!i never readed that fast!! i had like 3 to 4 minutes ,when he came back to the office he saw me and was very pissed off,i told him sorry i didnt knew it was confidential even tough it was written bold on it "strictly confidential" so once again rennteam is the first to know!!!!
    the highlights of what i saw:
    3.6 480PS
    NO direct injection,standard sequential injection
    NO PDK ,standard is manual,5 speed tiptronic optional
    TPMS standard
    PCCB optional
    sport chrono package turbo optional , concerning this one ,i saw the description of it,it was the same description than the sport chrono package ,nothing about the overboost,so why a different name ,i dont know
    rear axle differential lock optional
    19inch two tone turbo wheels standard
    NO carrera gt style seats , only the adaptive sport seats like the C2S
    price 4% higher than 996turbo
    NO sport exhaust
    short shifter optional
    and all the rest is optional ,the leather options,bose,telephone,wood,aluminum just like the C2S
    this is mainly what i recall ,if you ask me questions i will tell you if i saw it in the order guide...

Re: I SAAAAWWW THE ORDER GUIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any torque figures?

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    i went to my dealer , in his office i saw a file showing 997turbo order guide , my heart started beating! he went out of the office to speak with somebody ,i couldnt help myself ,i took it ! and started to read like crazy!i never readed that fast!! i had like 3 to 4 minutes ,when he came back to the office he saw me and was very pissed off,i told him sorry i didnt knew it was confidential even tough it was written bold on it "strictly confidential" so once again rennteam is the first to know!!!!
    3.6 480PS
    TPMS standard
    PCCB optional
    sport chrono package turbo optional , concerning this one ,i saw the description of it,it was the same description than the sport chrono package ,nothing about the overboost,so why a different name ,i dont know
    NO sport exhaust
    short shifter optional
    and all the rest is optional ,the leather options,bose,telephone,wood,aluminum just like the C2S
    this is mainly what i recall ,if you ask me questions i will tell you if i saw it in the order guide...

But "007,"

Didn't you use the hidden camera integrated into the cufflinks on your shirt that "Q" provided you? Or at least, photcopy from a nearby Xerox machine the order guide and spec. sheet?

Otherwise, strong work, man.

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    3.6 480PS
    TPMS standard
    PCCB optional
    NO sport exhaust
    short shifter optional

Crap... Porsche will once again be charging a premium for a car that so far looks like a kit car. I thought all the innovative updates would be in this car to take your eyes off the sheet metal.

dhayek, I said most of these things here too.
    I prefered to confirm it on Rennteam ONLY as i believe we are a real team here,
    But most of people here didnt believe me....

I am glad you found all these things out too... Very Good work.. Well Done.

Quote:
    guy2 said:
    any torque figures?

Porsche Dealers dont have YET info about the torque or power figure..
    they dont know anything yet on 0-100km etc. they know only that the 997tt will be 480hp

Quote:
    guy2 said:
    any torque figures?

i looked for that ,but in the main spec there is nothing about performance or torque figure...

thx

Thanks dude .

rennteam will announce the ceremony to knight you 'Sir Dimitri' .

another Rennteam first, right here in this thread!~~

phenomenal work dhayek!

Nice work Dimitri! What about suspension-PASM or what?? Is there sport chassis option(something like -20mm/LSD on 997)?

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:

But "007,"

Didn't you use the hidden camera integrated into the cufflinks on your shirt that "Q" provided you? Or at least, photcopy from a nearby Xerox machine the order guide and spec. sheet?

you are joking but who told you i didnt tried to take pictures with my phone camera, but there is no macro mode in it ,so its not clear.the first option is: catalitic converter deactivated, -2-axle diffential lock rear 3- tiptronic s 5 speed -4-inflatable spare tyre

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    3.6 480PS
    TPMS standard
    PCCB optional
    NO sport exhaust
    short shifter optional

The bold writing that said "strictly confidential" was basically an invitation. Remember in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory "No Fizzy Lifting Drinks," well, they just had to have it then, even sweet little Charlie.

Did you happen to "spy" any pictures showing the Turbo in it's final form?

Quote:
    Branimir said:
    Nice work Dimitri! What about suspension-PASM or what?? Is there sport chassis option(something like -20mm/LSD on 997)?

standard pasm , no -20mm or sport suspension/lsd..

Quote:
    woody77 said:
    Did you happen to "spy" any pictures showing the Turbo in it's final form?

lool , not yet , but i am going on february 9 to porsche camp4 ,in the porsche arctic driving center ,in roveniami finland ,arctic circle. something tells me that i am going to see something there.......

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Thanks dude .

rennteam will announce the ceremony to knight you 'Sir Dimitri' .

thanks ron! but after the f430 spy shots ,the 997tequipment catalog and now the order guide,i will soon be the "porsche and ferrari black listed knight"

i forgot to tell you that my dealer told me that a guy named Dimitri will never take a 997 turbo cause he is already on a black list....

Quote:
    Aisxos said:
    i forgot to tell you that my dealer told me that a guy named Dimitri will never take a 997 turbo cause he is already on a black list....

loooooool

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    Turbo Al said:

But "007,"

you are joking but who told you i didnt tried to take pictures with my phone camera, but there is no macro mode in it ,so its not clear.the first option is: catalitic converter deactivated, -2-axle diffential lock rear 3- tiptronic s 5 speed -4-inflatable spare tyre

Me? Joking? On rennteam? Nah.

Simple question and maybe its already been answered but could someone shed some info on why the 997tt is using the 3.6L instead of the 3.8L in the 997S? or is the 3.8L to come later pushing the HP over the big 500.

Quote:
    schmuy said:
    Simple question and maybe its already been answered but could someone shed some info on why the 997tt is using the 3.6L instead of the 3.8L in the 997S? or is the 3.8L to come later pushing the HP over the big 500.

My answer is that even the 996TT 3.6L engine, truly dry-sumped and all, can handle 600HP without major mods., and the 997S 3.8L engine is a completely different engine from the 3.6L. My question is why they didn't increase the displacement of the 3.6L engine of the 996TT for the 997TT?-and hopefully they will for the 997TTS. In other words, even the 996TT with its 3.6L powerplant could handle well over 600peakHP. let alone 500.

New 997tt will use upgraded(VTG,etc.) 996tt engine which is 3600cm3(Bore 100mm,stroke 76.4mm). This engine is different then 997 engines... 997S engine is 3824cm3(Bore 99.0mm,stroke 82.8mm) and 997 engine is 3596cm3(Bore 96.0mm,stroke 82.8mm). 997S/997(and Cayman S) engines are from same family but, these engines are not in Porsche opinion suitable for Turbo chargers. Old family has stronger construction and is born to be turbo charged... Odl family engines are in new 997tt and will be probably in new 997gt3...

Quote:
    Branimir said:
    New 997tt will use upgraded(VTG,etc.) 996tt engine which is 3600cm3(Bore 100mm,stroke 76.4mm). This engine is different then 997 engines... 997S engine is 3824cm3(Bore 99.0mm,stroke 82.8mm) and 997 engine is 3596cm3(Bore 96.0mm,stroke 82.8mm). 997S/997(and Cayman S) engines are from same family but, these engines are not in Porsche opinion suitable for Turbo chargers. Old family has stronger construction and is born to be turbo charged... Odl family engines are in new 997tt and will be probably in new 997gt3...

The GT2, GT3 and TT uses the 964 3.6L crankcase, also used in the GT1 race car; ultra-reliable and as an earlier poster said, it can handle high HP!!

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    schmuy said:

My answer is that even the 996TT 3.6L engine, truly dry-sumped and all, can handle 600HP without major mods., and the 997S 3.8L engine is a completely different engine from the 3.6L. My question is why they didn't increase the displacement of the 3.6L engine of the 996TT for the 997TT?-and hopefully they will for the 997TTS. In other words, even the 996TT with its 3.6L powerplant could handle well over 600peakHP. let alone 500.

Isn't obvious by now? Porsche isn't about innovation, it's about making $$$ and saving $$$.

It cost them nothing to use the old 996 engine. All they have to do is increase turbo boost to extract extra hp.

The GT3 is the same engine as the 996 GT3, too. Some minor tweaking and you have an 20 hp.

So, basically, you can forget about seeing a 3.8l for the turbo S or for that matter in the GT2.

Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    schmuy said:

Isn't obvious by now? Porsche isn't about innovation, it's about making $$$ and saving $$$.

It cost them nothing to use the old 996 engine. All they have to do is increase turbo boost to extract extra hp.

The GT3 is the same engine as the 996 GT3, too. Some minor tweaking and you have an 20 hp.

So, basically, you can for about seeing a 3.8l for the turbo S or for that matter in the GT2.

In this case I don't believe it's simply about money, it's about using a crankcase that is proven in thousands of miles of racing, going back to the 964RS....

Very cool Dimitry, Thanks!!

Quote:
    svtrader1 said:It cost them nothing to use the old 996 engine. All they have to do is increase turbo boost to extract extra hp.

Rright, VTG is just an increase in turbo boost

It's he FIRST gasoline engine in the world to use this technology. How isn't that an 'innovation'?
    Sheesh...

Quote:
    964C2 said:
    In this case I don't believe it's simply about money, it's about using a crankcase that is proven in thousands of miles of racing, going back to the 964RS....

Exactly. Some people don't understand what "evolution" means, and 40 years of it has made the 911 the reference sportcar to many's dismay. The 911 is the ONLY rear engined platform out there, you can't just drop a ordianry V8 in there, even the engine has to be special. And this engine is a little jewel, relieabel and race proven like no other, no need to change it like others, just improve upon it a little bit further each time.

Quote:
    brunner said:
    Quote:
    svtrader1 said:It cost them nothing to use the old 996 engine. All they have to do is increase turbo boost to extract extra hp.

Rright, VTG is just an increase in turbo boost

It's he FIRST gasoline engine in the world to use this technology. How isn't that an 'innovation'?
    Sheesh...

When will we see it? Next year? Two years from now? Three? When?

What are you going to do in the mean time? Pay more for the same old, same old?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781385 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442698 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263415 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261768 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85886 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5948 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881527 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819237 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM