Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayman Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Caymans are in already

My dealer has three already. I thought they were supposed to be in the dealers by Feb. 06.

http://houston.porschedealer.com/new_cars/search.php?model=987-120

Re: Caymans are in already

They are being released from ports and now in transit to dealers. Still officially not available for sale/delivery until January 14th.

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    My dealer has three already. I thought they were supposed to be in the dealers by Feb. 06.

Feb 06. Best day possible (= my birhtday, exactly 50 years after Ronald R`s birthday)

Ron....are they physically there are just listed? I noticed that just about every dealer has some listed in their inventory. If they are actually there that's a different story. Official release is Jan 14.....hopefully mine will be here by then.

They were listed but I can find out tomorrow and let you all know. I live right around the cornor from one of the dealers, literally 10 minutes walking distance .

A friend of mine said he spotted a Cayman with regular plates on the streets of Toronto last week I guess some of them have already been delivered for early buyers.

My wife is scheduled to test drive a Cayman tomorrow(1/7) weather permitting. She likes the Boxter S also and is thinking of trading her '03 Z4, which she dearly loves. Of course, she also has her eye on the Imola Red Z4M, which should be a rocket sled. I'll report back if the weather holds in the mountains of the great Northeast.

There is one at the dealer and 2 enroute, will be in either today or tomorrow (Saturday).

Thanks for the update Ron....seems a few more are sneaking in around the country also.

Most came in to dealers physically last night, deliveries starting on the 12th according to my east coast dealer. Unfortunately, my order missed the Dec 21 boat by one day and will come around the 3rd week

Here at work we got about 6 of them in a couple of days ago. I do the internet at Northland Porsche (Upload pictures of new/used, and do some information for the website) but have only had enough time to slap on two Cayman S's so far on the website because I ran out of sunlight. Here is our inventory...
    Joseph Northland Porsche Cayman S Inventory

let us know how fast these cars sell

this new Cayman for 76K http://northland.porschedealer.com/new_cars/info.php?inventoryid=201572

or this new 997 for 75K
    http://northland.porschedealer.com/new_cars/info.php?inventoryid=189662

both cars at this same dealer .. how does someone pick a new Cayman over a new 997 ...... I am not putting down the Cayman just trying to understand who is goint to take the new Cayman over the new 997 when they are side by side at the same dealer at the same .price .

P.S.Porsche930S you do a great job of having so many live shots of the cars for sale at this dealership on the website

Quote:
    OCEAN said:

this new Cayman for 76K http://northland.porschedealer.com/new_cars/info.php?inventoryid=201572

or this new 997 for 75K

both cars at this same dealer .. how does someone pick a new Cayman over a new 997 ...... I am not putting down the Cayman just trying to understand who is goint to take the new Cayman over the new 997 when they are side by side at the same dealer at the same .price .

P.S.Porsche930S you do a great job of having so many live shots of the cars for sale at this dealership on the website

Before anyone provides a response, please tell me why you care about someone else's decision, do you feel there is a right or wrong choice, and why should that person care what you think? Not trying to put you down, but just want to understand how anyone would look at your views vs their own and choose yours.

I think this is a great car and there is a big market for it but not at this price , this car was a great deal at $4995 and they would have sold like hot cakes but with the current MSRP it is too high to be a smash hit . It will sell but will not be anything close to the hit it would have been at $4995 , and I think Porsches only mistake with this car was the pricing and it was a big mistake . They cut too many corners for the current MSRP , again the magic number for this car would have been 4995 and it would have been front page news with the dealers not able to keep them in stock . At the current MSRP the cars are going to move slow .............

Quote:
    OCEAN said:

or this new 997 for 75K

First, thank you for the compliment about the pictures. I wish the sun would of stayed out longer to take more pictures but the weather was poor. We are having a Cayman S party at work on Saturday to celebrate the official launch for dealers so I will take more pictures.

Secondly, about the Cayman S you posted, it is already sold to a customer who ordered it to his/her wants and needs. It is a loaded car and with the blacked out insignia on the rear deck lid it looks pretty good. Also, the Carrera Classics on the Cayman S look awesome. We all know Porsche options are expensive, and that is just one example.

Thank you for the feedback though. If your bored you can check out our secondary website, it still needs some fine tuning but it will come together. I do the photo's and some of the information for this website as well while working with a webmaster. If Your Bored You might like some of the pictures...

But back on topic, when I came into work three days ago and saw about 6 Cayman S's sitting on the lot I was very stunned. I did not expect them to be here that quickly. Do you guys know of any other dealers getting this many at one time?

Still not sure why you care and why anyone (within Porsche, a Porsche dealer, or an individual contemplating a purchase of any vehicle) should feel your views, or mine, matter in their decision.

But at any rate, what is your definition of "smash hit" and how do you think Porsche would define it. Do you know what Porsche's sales target is (they have already announced it) and how things are progressing? Within the last couple days, certain Porsche officials have been attending a particular event in Detroit and speaking to the media and others about various aspects of the company's affairs. You might be able to find quotes or references as to what Porsche has been saying. Oh, and if you wait until perhaps later this month, there is a chance that PAG will issue a press release that might offer some data and insight into possible changes to near-term production plans. And are those few Cayman S sales hurting Boxsters or 911's or perhaps non-Porsche's? Which outcome would validate or disprove the business case for the Cayman S? So lower prices for a product would yield higher sales; can't argue against that, but how much volume is too much and what about the capacity to produce? I wish I knew what they may say and be as certain as you are about some subjects. Then again, why should I care what Porsche might do, their fate rests on the views form forums such as this.

Again I think this is probably a great car to drive and will sell , but I just feel that this car came to market at too high a price for what it is and it will hurt sales . I think Porsche made the decision to charge the VERY most they could for this car and in doing that it is a little over priced . For example a $60,000.00 car that has climate control as an option come on . I really think a year from now the lots will be full of Caymans and it will be the slowest moving car in the Porsche line becuase of price . A smash hit for a carmaker is when the public demand for the car exceeds supply and at $49950 they would have had that ... but at $58,900 the car will sell but the demand will not come close to exceeding supply in fact the car will need to be discounted in most cases to get good sales numbers .

Ocean,

Where did you go to school ? Did you ever hear of supply and demand ? Did you ever hear of controlling the supply to meet that demand ? If Porsche lowered its price on the GT 3 to $ 50,000.00, they would sell more of them right ? So why don't they ? For that matter, why not lower the price of the 997 to $ 45,000.00 They would sell a lot more of them, right ? Why assume that the most profitable car company in the world doesn't know what they are doing ? Get a life, please, and leave the rest of us alone !!!!!!

Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    Again I think this is probably a great car to drive and will sell , but I just feel that this car came to market at too high a price for what it is and it will hurt sales . I think Porsche made the decision to charge the VERY most they could for this car and in doing that it is a little over priced . For example a $60,000.00 car that has climate control as an option come on . I really think a year from now the lots will be full of Caymans and it will be the slowest moving car in the Porsche line becuase of price . A smash hit for a carmaker is when the public demand for the car exceeds supply and at $49950 they would have had that ... but at $58,900 the car will sell but the demand will not come close to exceeding supply in fact the car will need to be discounted in most cases to get good sales numbers .

Ocean, here are the facts....

We know that....

You like the 911 over the Cayman.
    You can't see paying what Porsche is asking for it.
    You can't figure out in your head why someone would pick a Cayman over a 911.
    You don't think the Cayman will sell well.

Did I miss anything?? Hopefully not as these posts are really getting boring. Most other 911 owners with the same retoric have run out of hot air by now.

In case you haven't noticed this is a Cayman S forum.....not a "Why would you pick a Cayman S over a 911" womens discussion group where the same petty topics are brought up again and again. I believe it is for people who actually OWN, aspire to own, or have valid questions concerning the Cayman, not for 911 owners who can't figure out why another person would make a different choice. I'm sure potential future owners of either the Cayman or 911 will be smart enough to post to the respective lists here for valuable insight on each.

Porsche started shipping the Cayman S on Friday Jan 6th.
    Most of our cars came in on Saturday 7th. We have about 12 in stock now. Check out our website: http://brandywine.porschedealer.com/new_cars/search.php?model=987-120

Erik Niehof
    Brandywine Porsche
    610-886-1000

Quote:
    OCEAN said:

You still haven't answered my questions as to why you bother to post about a car that you don't care about, and why those of us interested in the Cayman S should care what you think. You are obviously entitled to your opinion, but what are you basing your opinion on and do you have any record of being right? Your posts have progressed from boring to irritating; continue and I will have no choice but to, as someone else elequently declared ... fart in your general direction. And if you continue still, I will taunt you some more! Otherwise, have a nice day :-)

I have been just too busy to post, anything ; but I will take a moment. We have received 25 Cayman S models, thus far, at Champion Porsche in Pompano Beach , Florida. Every
    car was ordered in as a sold unit to customers specs ; and
    we have been delivering them like mad. I have delivered
    4 thus far and have about 6 more to go. People are loving them, and are just going crazy for them, so far. I think they look great in almost every color. I have delivered so far: White/Cocoa, Atlas/Sand, Silver/Black, Red/Sand. The White cars look outrageous, I think. I do have one of those available, that fell through with Cocoa. The car looks great in Black, too. Actualy all of the colors, look super. In my brief drive, the car's chassis rigidity is mind blowing. Ride quality is marvelous with the 18's. The 19's are the only way to go, though. The 3.4 pulls real well above 4000 RPM. If you want the car to really perform; you have to go there. So far So good ! Now if we can just slam one with H&R's, we will have something. When we do ; I will post pics. The Cayman's not my 997, but it sure is a great
    step below; and I think a superior track car. I hope that I can find out. To me; the Cayman S is a major success !
    Larry " Rev" Reynolds
    Champion

Sorry guys I do think the car is great anything Porsche makes is great . I just did not understand the pricing that is all . Nothing against the car so sorry if I came off the wrong way . It just seemed that the car was a little overpriced , but again I do think the car is sweet and will be in some ways more fun to drive than the 997 .

For all those in the USA taking delivery of their Caymans on the "first day", tomorrow (14th) I would like to say that I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.
    And I hope that the sun shines tomorrow too.

Drive the car Ocean then your unsubstantiated comments might carry a bit more weight.

You are right I need to drive this car and I am sure I wil love it , my only problem with it was the way it looked and I also felt like Porsche was really pushing the price envelope . I just felt Porsche could have really taken the car much farther than they did in the styling department but then I felt that way about Cayenne , some times I feel I am too concerned with the way things look compared to preformance . Again if I came of the wrong way and offened anyone please accept my apology .

Hey, OCEAN, we're cool. Good luck with your wait for the 997TT.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781449 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442705 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263423 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261783 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85902 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5953 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881540 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819288 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM