Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 996 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Thank you Ulf !!! :)

Re: Roll cage, etc.

Thanks a lot for your driving report Ulf!
    You are making my wait time even harder to bare ...
    Let us know how the power and performance feel once the car is fully broken in and you can unleash its full potential.
    Did you like the Pzero Corsa system fitted?I was told that they are more similar to regular street tyres than to semi-slicks, do you agree?
    Again, thanks and nice choice on the car...

thanks a lot ulf! and welcome to the board!
    great car!!!

Quote:
    Did you order the A/C unit and the stereo.

no A/C as you can see on this picture (it's from a gallery of ulf's car fixedwing posted some days ago):
    http://maddock.limitless.co.uk/Ulf-GT3-RS/imagepages/image10.htm

Re: Front left quarter view

Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    the vehicle would not be able to clear the speed bumps at Mc Donalds drive through making the car unfit for its purpose...

I enjoyed the report and the photos Stephen.

//// \\\\ spider

well, there are some of us in USA who dislike stereotypes [recently Europeans have suffered greatly from one, eh?], and would very much like an RS. i can order a Ruf RGT3 it's US legal.

stephen,

why would a non-resident be able to import an illegal car to USA? and i think if you look around, you'll see the governement where you live has negatives as well....

Hell Fire !!!

May I please point you to a posting from one of your fellow country men....

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92500

I rest my case.

Humour, Yes. Stereotyping, No.

Anyway, I prefer Burger King and will bring you a full report on the RS's speed bump capabilities once mine is delivered.

well mr rs,

that guy is a known and obvious bozo.

that's like me saying to a frenchman:"you are like all frenchmen who are defined by the french man who posted the graffiti on US graves at Normandy: Americans please dig up your trash it's befouling our soil."

Watt,

I made a light hearted observation which people often refer to as "humour".

If I offended you then I apologise. However, if people were able to laugh without taking offense, when non was meant or implied, the world would be a much better place.

You could always look at my comments as originating at the factory if you wish. Why? The ride height on US GT3's is higher than that of European spec cars. The RS has a 3mm lower ride height than the European Spec GT3, therefore, it could be said, in Porsche's opinion, making it unsuitable for US road conditions.

Can't see any stereotyping there....

As for your comment about the French, how the ***** do you think that is appropriate for a forum supposedly about cars!!

If anythink you are confirming the sterotypical image you wrongly accused me of.

Anyway, nobody like the French,especially after they insisted that we change the name of Waterloo station and Trafalgar Square.

You must excuse me as I have a football match to attend this afternoon so I have to go and get off my face on lager, mug a few old ladies on the way to the ground, racially abuse the players, question the parentage of the Ref, get involved in a fight, go back down the pub and then return to the bossom of my family in our council flat in the East End. Whilst dressed as a chimney sweep, ala Dick Van Dyke. "Stepin time Mary Poppins".

Laugh, it won't kill you!

Paul.

thanks paul,

i used that light hearted example to show you that stereo typing is not funny [it's only works in one direction!].

if you'd like we can whip together some light hearted humour directed at your nationality, but let's talk cars instead, i respect your car knowledge immensely. i'm not faulting the use of humour, i am known to try myself at other sites...

gt2 and gt3's have proven quite appropriate for US road conditions. i and some of my friends own both, and numerous others have either one. i have had little problem with the low valence lip, having over 15,000 trouble free miles with lots of scraping. they are well designed with the soft plastic taking the hit. the gt2 design is actually better.

i find the front brake ducts spend more time scraping while driving.

and we [the guys i hang with] certainly wish porsche had brought the rs to usa....

all the best, let's unite and talk porsche!!!

Re: Ride height isn't what denies the US market the GT3RS

Quote:
    The ride height on US GT3's is higher than that of European spec cars. The RS has a 3mm lower ride height than the European Spec GT3, therefore, it could be said, in Porsche's opinion, making it unsuitable for US road conditions.

Mr.RS,

Are you sure about the ride height being different? My understanding is that the GT3 in the North American market has the exact same ride height as the European versions. And the ride height _is_ adjustable on the GT3 suspension so it's easy to lower/raise as needed so I doubt ride height has anything to do with the US not getting the street RS. The problem is more likely Porsche's unwillingness to suffer thru/accomodate DOT approval and the excessive liability litigation that's popular in the US and often adjudicated in favor of the plaintiff with some stupendously large awards. And I don't think the latter is a stereotype of the US, just a sad reality. Here in FL the state government is moving to cap malpractice awards so doctors can afford to get insurance to keep practicing in the state.

Quote:
    Quote:
    The ride height on US GT3's is higher than that of European spec cars. The RS has a 3mm lower ride height than the European Spec GT3, therefore, it could be said, in Porsche's opinion, making it unsuitable for US road conditions.

Mr.RS,

Are you sure about the ride height being different? My understanding is that the GT3 in the North American market has the exact same ride height as the European versions. And the ride height _is_ adjustable on the GT3 suspension so it's easy to lower/raise as needed so I doubt ride height has anything to do with the US not getting the street RS. The problem is more likely Porsche's unwillingness to suffer thru/accomodate DOT approval and the excessive liability litigation that's popular in the US and often adjudicated in favor of the plaintiff with some stupendously large awards. And I don't think the latter is a stereotype of the US, just a sad reality. Here in FL the state government is moving to cap malpractice awards so doctors can afford to get insurance to keep practicing in the state.

I am begining to wish I had kept my mouth shut...

Yes, you are right that the ride height is adjustable, as are most of the other suspension settings both front and rear.

I have yet to find 2 GT3 Mk2's with the same ride height as I am lead to believe that the suspension set up was not finalised until quite recently.

This is my second GT3 and from my experiance with the Mk1 I had the corner weights checked and adjusted and the rear bar taking up to full hard.

The initial understeer that the car has from the factory has gone and the car is completely neutral. A very nice drive indeed.

The GT3 is very sensitive to its set up, you will be amazed at what a differance a proper set up can make to the overall feel of the car.

The information about the ride height came from my visit to the factory to collect my car. When their in early June the majority of cars being built were GT3 for the US including one in the most awful "Dogs Member" red I have ever seen, supposedly a special order for Ralph Lauren.

The cars are parked behind the factory, once they have been taken for a test drive, and there was a Euro spec Gt3 amongst the US cars. Out of interest I did the "finger test" and found the US cars riding slightly higher.

Upon discussion with our guide he confirmed that the US cars are about 5MM higher than the Euro varient.

As you rightly point out this is easily adjusted so should be of no real concern, just a point of interest.

As for the rest of my comment it was yet another illustration of two countries seperated by a common language, a failed attempt to inject a small amount of humour into proceedings!

Enjoy your car, live with it, learn its ways and you will truely be captivated by the depth of its capabilities. It has the ability to scare the willies out of you leaving you sweaty but elated and longing for more, a great car.

Steve just do me one favour, drive it like you hate it, your GT3 only gives its best when thrashed to within an inch of its life

Can't wait for the RS to arrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.

Quote:
    thanks paul,

i used that light hearted example to show you that stereo typing is not funny [it's only works in one direction!].

if you'd like we can whip together some light hearted humour directed at your nationality, but let's talk cars instead, i respect your car knowledge immensely. i'm not faulting the use of humour, i am known to try myself at other sites...

gt2 and gt3's have proven quite appropriate for US road conditions. i and some of my friends own both, and numerous others have either one. i have had little problem with the low valence lip, having over 15,000 trouble free miles with lots of scraping. they are well designed with the soft plastic taking the hit. the gt2 design is actually better.

i find the front brake ducts spend more time scraping while driving.

and we [the guys i hang with] certainly wish porsche had brought the rs to usa....

all the best, let's unite and talk porsche!!!

Watt,

Thank goodness for that!! Drop buy and I will buy you a Pint

Paul

Mr. RS,
    Quote:
    As for the rest of my comment it was yet another illustration of two countries seperated by a common language, a failed attempt to inject a small amount of humour into proceedings!

I had no problem with the humor, I was just curious about the ride height.

Quote:
    Enjoy your car, live with it, learn its ways and you will truely be captivated by the depth of its capabilities. It has the ability to scare the willies out of you leaving you sweaty but elated and longing for more, a great car.

Steve just do me one favour, drive it like you hate it, your GT3 only gives its best when thrashed to within an inch of its life

That would be why I'm buying a GT3.

Quote:
    Can't wait for the RS to arrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say something obscene yet humorous here regarding what you can do with your RS since we don't get them in North America but as has already been shown such comments don't cross international boundaries so well.

I think the phrase you are refering to has something to do with the position of the Sun and the dark side of the moon!!!!

Quote:
    1330kg.
    Did you order the A/C unit and the stereo.

A/C No, Stereo Yes.

English beer

Quote:
    Drop buy and I will buy you a Pint

Don't be silly Paul, the Pacific Coast Highway doesn't run anywhere near London.

Stephen

Re: English beer

Quote:
    Quote:
    Drop buy and I will buy you a Pint

Don't be silly Paul, the Pacific Coast Highway doesn't run anywhere near London.

Stephen

Why do you think I offered

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777408 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441767 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262803 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260999 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85270 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5592 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880677 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816046 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM