Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Formula 1 2024!!

KMM:
    Pilot:

DEI is hurting companies. Aviation is suffering from it too. Just look at BOEING. Also, not everyone is cut out to be a pilot.

DEI has many problem, but Boeing's problems do not stem from DEI. It's simple mismanagement. Think disciples of that great charlatan, Jack Welch...

Agreed, I shouldn't have mentioned Boeing in this context.

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS :)

watt:

i hope he keeps driving for himself

GHrfpFOXcAAE2Gn.jpg

Agree and I have yet to see any of the real brilliance from Chuck that I keep reading about from the F1 press.  Sainz will be a great driver in 2026 for Audi. 

sour old loser Jos is the one causing problems, should be banned from team activity, max splitting from ass daddy:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/jos-verstappen-christian-horner-victim-causing-problems

Carlos from Spain:

funny

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3-Lf5UomRM/?igsh=ZjVhaXhpOXBxazBx

VERY!!Smiley

--

If Sainz is going to perform like this for the remainder of the season then he would surely secure a seat with a big F1 team for the next few seasons.

Busy weekend for Formula 1. 

First it was the never ending Red Bull power struggle, and Jos opening his big mouth. Does Marko wants Horner's job or was it Jos that's been eyeing to become team principal for RBR?

Then now we add the President of the FiA's 'interference' allegations. He was trying to overturn Alonso's 10 second penalty in Saudi Arabia in 2023. Which ended up did happened. On the surface, I feel like he didn't interfere. FiA wrote the rulebook, so they should have the best of knowledge on how the rules are interpreted, and in this case, the stewards got it 'wrong' initially. Rule says team cannot 'work' on the car while it's serving penalty, but did not clarify whether touching the car is considered 'working', it only got clarified AFTER the race.

Oh, and did I mention Alpine's personal change? What a mess the French are in. Maybe they should throw in the towel and call up Andretti and tell him to take the team. 

--

Ah almost forgot, this:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/max-verstappen-exit-clause-red-bull

So Verstappen's contract has an exit clause that ties to a senior personal, not Horner but Marko. If Marko quits, Max is free to break the contract. 

Marko the clever willy old fox.

Now why would Max leave Red Bull now to go somewhere else, say Mercedes? Jos been hanging around Toto lately also. No one knows what they talked about, could be completely nothing, but Jos made the impression that he is 'threatening' Red Bull management that if he couldn't squeeze out Horner, he will take Max to Mercedes. Marko goes, Newey goes and Max goes. 

Since Red Bull can't create excitement on track with their dominant car, they are creating headlines off the track. 

--

So Hamilton going to Ferrari.

If Max quit Red Bull, guess he will ended up in Mercedes, not seeing him driving a Haas. Russell will have a major fit with Max coming. These 2 will be worse than Nico and Lewis. 

Who take that empty Red Bull seat.............Sainz!!!

Could Andretti snap up Newey to be their designer and force their way into F1 with a very CREDIBLE designer and engine manufacturer?

Marko? he is just gonna fuck off back into his ranch in Austria minding his cows, or goats, sheep or whatever he raises. 

Sainz wins the WDC in the all conquering Red Bull, beating Leclerc and Hamilton in the Ferrari all the while Max and Toto are having a meltdown in the garage with a headset throwing contest. Jos was banned from the Mercedes garage and had to buy a grandstand ticket to watch races. 

Maybe, just maybe. 

--

Would make great TV watching... 

Sainz is rumoured to join Audi as from 2026. He is experienced enough having raced for Ferrari but OTOH not very expensive. Audi won't need a star driver at the beginning of their F1 campaign. Perhaps he might go a year earlier in order to hone the Audi car or race with Sauber in 2025.

His father is close to Audi Motorsport especially after this year's historic win at the Dakar desert raid. Sainz Sr at 61 convincingly beat everyone in the all electric RS Q e-tron.

I expect a lot from Audi in F1; they will be the new Mercedes. RBR won't last forever. They are a privateer team and they will eventually expire similar to old glories McLaren and Williams.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

DJM48:

Would make great TV watching... 

👍🤣

New Netflix series: Keeping up with the Verstappens 

--

All of that would certainly spice things up. 

Oh more drama!

Wouldn't you know it, Max is now calling for raising ride height, inline with Russell. 

2 motives, one, Max is genuinely affected by the bumps. Or, the Red Bull camp knows their rivals will be more affected with a higher ride height. 

50/50 from me. One never know what's real and what's fake coming from the Red Bull camp. 

--

Adrian Newey must be fed up and embarrassed with this high school behaviour and Jos the hoodlum, and his next engine supplier Ford is hysterically wringing their hands like the high school hall monitor.

Toto should offer him triple plus 5% of MB plus $5m pension; he is the most critical resource in F1, drivers will follow. He could work til retirement in England.

I know I'm ignoring facts re: Horner's management impact, contract details, etc. Ferrari is toast for the next 5 years -- diversity on Sunday, sell less cars on Monday; with the collapse of RB, Toto can come back.

Previously on Keeping up with the Verstappens:

Team boss Christian Horner was accused of inappropriate behaviour, but after a thorough investigation, he was clear for all wrongdoings. But the drama didn't stop there, hours after he was clear, an anonymous email begin circulating among the important people in F1 trying to smear Horner.

Today in episode 2 of KUWIV:

The employee in question that accused Horner was from the Milton Keyes campus, has been suspended, not fired yet.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/christian-horner-accuser-suspensed-by-red-bull-after-investigation

No words on whether it was Horner that directed such an action or it was directly from Red Bull GmbH. 

To be continued in episode 3.

--

On a different note, I was watching this week's F1 tech talk, and an idea pops into my mind.

What if Formula 1 have teams adopt a single front wing and a single rear wing design for the whole season, i.e., they cannot switch from high downforce to low downforce wing week to week, they pick one and had to stick with it for the whole season? In other words, for teams that choose a wing that's good for high downforce circuits will be sitting ducks on straights on the high speed tracks, that should promote better racing overall.

If a team really want to switch wings, they will need use their Constructor Points as tokens that they are spending in order to switch. But only for the top 5 teams, the bottom 5 can switch whenever they feel like. Also it will be a sliding scale, say Red Bull wants to switch wings, it will cost the team 20 tokens, aka 20 points, to switch, Ferrari who is 2nd will only need say 15 points and Mercedes who is 3rd could be 8 and McLaren 5 and Aston 2. 

Risk and rewards. Say Red Bull runs high downforce setup up to Zanvoort, they then spend 20 points to switch to low downforce at Monza, 20 points gone but potentially they could earn 44 at Monza, then another 44 at Azerbaijan, a net 68 points gain. Might struggle at Singapore after but Austin is next and they might pick up more points there, struggle again at Mexico but gain back in Brazil and Vegas. 

--

Whoopsy:

On a different note, I was watching this week's F1 tech talk, and an idea pops into my mind.

What if Formula 1 have teams adopt a single front wing and a single rear wing design for the whole season, i.e., they cannot switch from high downforce to low downforce wing week to week, they pick one and had to stick with it for the whole season? In other words, for teams that choose a wing that's good for high downforce circuits will be sitting ducks on straights on the high speed tracks, that should promote better racing overall.

If a team really want to switch wings, they will need use their Constructor Points as tokens that they are spending in order to switch. But only for the top 5 teams, the bottom 5 can switch whenever they feel like. Also it will be a sliding scale, say Red Bull wants to switch wings, it will cost the team 20 tokens, aka 20 points, to switch, Ferrari who is 2nd will only need say 15 points and Mercedes who is 3rd could be 8 and McLaren 5 and Aston 2. 

Risk and rewards. Say Red Bull runs high downforce setup up to Zanvoort, they then spend 20 points to switch to low downforce at Monza, 20 points gone but potentially they could earn 44 at Monza, then another 44 at Azerbaijan, a net 68 points gain. Might struggle at Singapore after but Austin is next and they might pick up more points there, struggle again at Mexico but gain back in Brazil and Vegas. 

Might be a smart move! It could give other teams a chance to catch up with the frontrunners.

--

AM

Breaking: Carlos Sainz out of the race because of appendicitis.  He requires surgery meaning he will be out for several weeks at the very minimum. Bad timing for him and Ferrari. https://www.planetf1.com/news/carlos-sainz-miss-saudi-arabian-grand-prix-weekend

Good to know that everything went well. Wishing him a complete speedy recovery.

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/status/1766118060216205811

GOOD JOB OLLIE!!

FP3 TOP 10
    Verstappen
    Leclerc
    Perez
    Russell
    Norris
    Alonso
    Stroll
    Piastri
    Hamilton
    Bearman

Impatiently waiting for qualification to start in a few minutes!

CGX car nut:

Impatiently waiting for qualification to start in a few minutes!

+1 shaping up to be an interesting weekend.

CGX car nut:

Breaking: Carlos Sainz out of the race because of appendicitis.  He requires surgery meaning he will be out for several weeks at the very minimum. Bad timing for him and Ferrari. https://www.planetf1.com/news/carlos-sainz-miss-saudi-arabian-grand-prix-weekend

I had appendicitis surgery when I was 17, the wound is like an inch wide and the recovery time is like a week. He will be back by Japan.

--

Laparoscopic appendectomy is a 24h discharge in some cases, and a brief recovery as Nick states. Open appendectomy for septic peritonitis is a different situation… what’s the situation here?

That was a quick turn around for the surgery and announcement that Sainz is ok, that would suggest a normal appendectomy, not a burst one with peritonitis. The later means the surgeon will need to thoroughly clean the abdomen which takes quite a bit of time. And could be fatal. 

My dad had the later when I was very young, he went into septic shock and his heart actually stopped for a bit. He made a full recovery after however. 

--

Missing two races or possibly three is still a loss of important WDC points for Sainz. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777385 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441758 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262803 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260988 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85263 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5590 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880670 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816033 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM